and by the way | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

and by the way

agreed. I think he is really good and fair. I like his color commentary and he adds a lot of fun to the games. if you ever really listen to his analysis he really knows the game exceptionally well...much more than a lot of folks here.

Cuse
He should know the game better than a lot of folks here. He played and coached at the collegiate level, and gets paid to cover it.

He should know the game better than a lot of folks here. He played and coached at the collegiate level, and gets paid to cover it.
Agreed, and the same might be said about Jimmy knowing a boatload more than all the non experts around here. You wouldn’t know that by the endless complaints about playing time, bench use, defense, offense, strategy etc. I get it we are frustrated and recruiting needs to get a lot better. I may complain too. the roster isn’t great and that‘s on Jimmy. However, coach has shown through the years that he maximizes the talent he has as well as anyone. He plays to win every game and will keep doing that. Still think this can be a successful year resulting in squeaking into the NCAA’s.
Cuse!

Agreed, and the same might be said about Jimmy knowing a boatload more than all the non experts around here. You wouldn’t know that by the endless complaints about playing time, bench use, defense, offense, strategy etc. I get it we are frustrated and recruiting needs to get a lot better. I may complain too. the roster isn’t great and that‘s on Jimmy. However, coach has shown through the years that he maximizes the talent he has as well as anyone. He plays to win every game and will keep doing that. Still think this can be a successful year resulting in squeaking into the NCAA’s.
Cuse!
There's a difference between a fan/poster having a different opinion on how something should be done versus asserting he/she knows more about the game than Coach. JB's choices, decisions and strategies are nothing more than opinions. Hopefully, JB's opinions come from a foundation of more intel about the components he's manipulating, but still—he's a human being and subject to the same limitations of psychology, learning, sentiment, ego, energy, personality, intelligence, emotion, etc. as everyone else. 100% of his opinions aren't 100% better than anyone else's. You only get to see his play out, and we don't get to see the alternatives. "Experience" doesn't equal infallibility.

Either way, there's not much point in having a Sports Forum if you don't want/expect fans to 'contribute' opinions, on the plus- and/or negative side.

As an aside, though, i don't agree that JB "maximizes the talent... as well as anyone," and i think it can be said of every coach that "he plays to win every game." Hoping this can still be a "successful year," but i've never been more doubtful of that. What would "successful" mean to you? Seems like 'just getting into the NCAA field' would do it for a lot of people. Which doesn't make me happy right there—just the massive diminishing of our collective hopes and expectations.

There's a difference between a fan/poster having a different opinion on how something should be done versus asserting he/she knows more about the game than Coach. JB's choices, decisions and strategies are nothing more than opinions. Hopefully, JB's opinions come from a foundation of more intel about the components he's manipulating, but still—he's a human being and subject to the same limitations of psychology, learning, sentiment, ego, energy, personality, intelligence, emotion, etc. as everyone else. 100% of his opinions aren't 100% better than anyone else's. You only get to see his play out, and we don't get to see the alternatives. "Experience" doesn't equal infallibility.

Either way, there's not much point in having a Sports Forum if you don't want/expect fans to 'contribute' opinions, on the plus- and/or negative side.

As an aside, though, i don't agree that JB "maximizes the talent... as well as anyone," and i think it can be said of every coach that "he plays to win every game." Hoping this can still be a "successful year," but i've never been more doubtful of that. What would "successful" mean to you? Seems like 'just getting into the NCAA field' would do it for a lot of people. Which doesn't make me happy right there—just the massive diminishing of our collective hopes and expectations.

agreed opinions are fine. Many folks don’t leave it at opinions and go to insults, start demeaning the coach and seem to think they have the elusive answer.

success for me this year equals getting into the NCAA tournament. Historically, my measure of a successful season is a top 4 seed and playing in the Sweet Sixteen. No doubt the last several years have not met that expectation.
Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom