Andre Cisco ranked #1 Safety by Lindy's | Syracusefan.com

Andre Cisco ranked #1 Safety by Lindy's

huge!!

our coaches should be on a loud speaker to every HS in Florida “the number 1 safety in the nation came to Syracuse University and earned a starting position as a FR, if you put in the work we will reward you”.

I hope he plays like the best safety in the country because he was very average last year. He was in no mans land several times last year in coverage.
I’m curious to see how he elevates his game with a new scheme and coaches. I would bet he rises to the challenge as #1 safety in the nation. If true he is a first rounder no doubt. Either way he will probably go top 3 rounds IMO after this season. We need more of that!

It's great to have a weapon like him on defense, but I would like to see him come up and put a few more hits on some players this year

Wow, must not include tackling and taking good angles in run support?
Seriously?

How about we throw down the nitpicking and focus on the exposure benefit this provides including what a great addition to recruiting?

We have beaten to death he needs to improve. That said, we want America to know we have elite players and make the connection with elite players and SU football.

Multiple publications have indicated Andre's potential and performance to be top tier for the entirety of his career. His on field performance has been backed up statistically.

The notion that he's lost in coverage and a poor tackler are almost laughable. I'd be extremely interested to see how the staff graded him out on a game by game basis. Because those are the only observations I would trust in whole.

Seeing an occasional coverage bust (whether or not it's even his responsibility) or someone beating him to the edge or inside because of a poor angle occasionally do not make 80 plays worth of responsibility.

He was 4th on the team in tackles in 2019 while only playing 9 games. In 2018 he was 4th on the team in tackles as a true FR.

He lead the team in Passes defensed and INT's as a true FR and he was 3rd in PD and 1st in INT's in 9 games in 2019.

Cisco is a stud. His draft placement will back that.

It's a great recognition for Andre and the program.
I still think he also was hurt by blown coverages by the other safety on the field too.

Wow, must not include tackling and taking good angles in run support?

yeah cause that happened so often. a few times here and there and people define the whole body of work? kid is was a true soph playing in a power 5 conference. He's been outstanding.

Not directed at you but Syracuse fans are amazing in this thread. Kid has been named an All-American and Syracuse fans - who haven't even seen a halfway decent player in 20 years - are like he shouldn't even be starting.

I don't get it. If you want to improve the overall talent, you need to be able to sell player development and star power. When a kid is named All-American that's where it starts. Embrace it. Sell it.

Last edited:
I swear we are living in Bizarro world/country now. How do you take news of an SU player being ranked #1 in the country and post that response.
I assumed it was sarcasm

Finally, get an outstanding prospect that was named All-American and #1 in the NATION at his position and our fan base wants to tear him down LOL Classic !!! But but but remember that one game when he took a bad angle on that one play. I am worried our fan base will not know how to deal with success properly.

Seriously?

How about we throw down the nitpicking and focus on the exposure benefit this provides including what a great addition to recruiting?

We have beaten to death he needs to improve. That said, we want America to know we have elite players and make the connection with elite players and SU football.
Naw, what fun would that be?
So much better to twist the troll knife, and completely change the entire tenor of this thread. And a good time is had by all. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Multiple publications have indicated Andre's potential and performance to be top tier for the entirety of his career. His on field performance has been backed up statistically.

The notion that he's lost in coverage and a poor tackler are almost laughable. I'd be extremely interested to see how the staff graded him out on a game by game basis. Because those are the only observations I would trust in whole.

Seeing an occasional coverage bust (whether or not it's even his responsibility) or someone beating him to the edge or inside because of a poor angle occasionally do not make 80 plays worth of responsibility.

He was 4th on the team in tackles in 2019 while only playing 9 games. In 2018 he was 4th on the team in tackles as a true FR.

He lead the team in Passes defensed and INT's as a true FR and he was 3rd in PD and 1st in INT's in 9 games in 2019.

Cisco is a stud. His draft placement will back that.

Insert random David Hale stat.

Quite an honor!

Now, he needs to have a big year to back it up. And I hope he will!