Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
He visited SU a month ago. If he wanted us he'd know it by now. Instead he's adding more schools to visit. This smells...and not good.
Agreed - if he visited us this weekend and Miami Monday I wouldn't see it as as big of a deal. But the fact he came here a month ago and just now decided to visit somewhere else certainly doesn't look good for us

Here's hoping it is just final due diligence.

But it certainly lends itself to the conclusion that things were / are far from done for us.
A couple of us have said that for a while. We may get him. But there is a reason he hasn't committed to us yet. But that doesn't mean that Orangeman13 is wrong. White might have been going about registering for grad classes at Syracuse while not being sure he was going to commit. I hope we get this kid but this visit to Miami is troublesome.

Before anyone jumps off a bridge, this is an exact carbon copy of the TT saga, but sub in Miami instead of MSU. And we still got TT. Doesn't mean we get AW, but it also doesn't mean he's done deal to the U.

At this point given the fact the kid seems to jerking us off i would walk.
How do you know it's the kid and not the dad?? Do you remember the TT soap opera. I posted earlier today that look who was driving the buses for both those recruitment's. Kids know where they want to go but you know how much these parents play in recruiting decisions.

This is part of what I think he is overstating. I feel like he might be embellishing what his source knows. He has contradicted himself an awful lot.
Perhaps.

With any insider (perhaps Jake is an exception though), everything has to be taken with a grain of salt - at the same time, no one should come after O13 or anyone else if AW3 ends up going to Miami.

How do you know it's the kid and not the dad?? Do you remember the TT soap opera. I posted earlier today that look who was driving the buses for both those recruitment's. Kids know where they want to go but you know how much these parents play in recruiting decisions.

Wouldn't have expected a parent to be so influential in a 5th year transfer scenario but whatevs. He comes or he doesn't.

He visited SU a month ago. If he wanted us he'd know it by now. Instead he's adding more schools to visit. This smells...and not good.

Not sure I'm digging all this "White family drama" that might end up on our doorstep.
The overriding factor when reading that article about AW3's transfer from Nebraska, was how big a role his father played.
The kid may just be a "mover" of sorts- plays at different programs, looking for the "perfect fit" that never seems to materialize.
With his skillset, folks are always willing to give him a look, and since he seems like a nice enough kid, waiting it out seems the prudent move.
What's really troublng to me is that, while Taurean Thompson was a young kid who had a helicopter Mom hovering over his final choice, AW3 is a "grown", albeit young, man, working on his third transfer. And Daddy still appears to be a hugely influential force, with exaggerated visions that his son is the next ScottiePippen/JRReddick clone.
I hope we don't end up with a bigger headache, IF he ends up coming here. JMHO

Last edited:
I flew into Orlando two nights ago. Ill be here until Thursday. I brought Cuse gear with me. If you all want, I can make the drive down to Miami on Monday and let AW3 know that we all have wasted a month of our lives drooling over him. Ill do that for you all.

dasher said:
But that doesn't mean that Orangeman13 is wrong. White might have been going about registering for grad classes at Syracuse while not being sure he was going to commit.

His data was correct (AW3 has filled out pre-registration paperwork).

His conclusions were absolutely wrong (AW3 is 100% SU).

Does anyone know when the last direct communication from AW or family was regarding his recruitment was? I'm not on twitter or fb. And iirc he is not that active on those either.

Does anyone know when the last direct communication from AW or family was regarding his recruitment was? I'm not on twitter or fb. And iirc he is not that active on those either.
Bees said that there was a 2-3 day period recently that the coaches couldn't get in contact with AW and it was becoming frustrating - but after those 2-3 days I guess communication resumed as normal.

Bees said that there was a 2-3 day period recently that the coaches couldn't get in contact with AW and it was becoming frustrating - but after those 2-3 days I guess communication resumed as normal.
If my memory serves me correctly , last night someone posted that it may have happened again.

Gotcha. Then comes the question: What is the expectation regarding speed of communication btw recruits and staff?

Gotcha. Then comes the question: What is the expectation regarding speed of communication btw recruits and staff?

Faster than the speed of light

While it would be nice to have Andrew on the team...we still have a strong group...if he shows great...if not I'm not losing any sleep...just means more minutes for the younger guys...and those young guys will need any minutes they can earn...Go Cuse...Georgetown sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom