Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
did I miss where somebody broke down Miami's returnees and possible top 7??

lil help here, Larranaga can recruit...
I think they are pretty loaded at SG, if that is where he wants to play. They have Reed coming back (I believe) and a 5 star SG coming in. At SF, they have a couple of players with experience and similar size. They have no glaring need for his position, and I don't see how he would get more playing time or be a bigger part of their team. I may be wrong, I am no expert on Miami Hurricane basketball, except I know for a fact I am glad Angel Rodriguez is gone.

Don't want to end up being the school he uses for a one year NBA audition if he's not here to win.
If he is that guy, JB will park him on the bench and that will be that. Certainly worth the risk considering what he brings to the table...and the odds are he's probably not that guy.

"More" is subjective. There is no way it is 100% he is coming here. I believe the info you have but he is obviously playing the field and apparently everyone in the field. Based on your and other's info and the fact he's in Miami today, I put him at 60% Cuse.
No offense to you, O13, but isn't it possible you see one foot in the door but can't see where the other foot is?

No offense to you, O13, but isn't it possible you see one foot in the door but can't see where the other foot is?
Sure, anything is possible. However, I'm seriously only reporting what my source has told me. I've TRIED to keep my own opinion out of this.

Personally, and I've not had any contact with him or any other player myself, but it sounds like he needs to feel wanted - more than the average person which could cause trouble on our team. Let's face it. This is Tyus Battle's team.

Just my speculation though.

Sure, anything is possible. However, I'm seriously only reporting what my source has told me. I've TRIED to keep my own opinion out of this.

Personally, and I've not had any contact with him or any other player myself, but it sounds like he needs to feel wanted - more than the average person which could cause trouble on our team. Let's face it. This is Tyus Battle's team.

Wow TBattles team? Even over Lydon, Gillon, etc? If so that would put Kid Mamba in Carmelo or maybe Ennis territory!?

Nope.

Like I said before, if any kind of drama about playing time is going to accompany this kid, let him go elsewhere. He would certainly help the team, from an on-court production standpoint, but it's not worth any potential chemistry issues. The team is already NCAA Title caliber without him.

Let's face it...this is JAB's team. Don't kid yourself...he's the big dog!

Like I said before, if any kind of drama about playing time is going to accompany this kid, let him go elsewhere. He would certainly help the team, from an on-court production standpoint, but it's not worth any potential chemistry issues. The team is already NCAA Title caliber without him.
It's absolutely worth it. You act like JB won't be able to handle it if there's a chemistry issue.

The team is already NCAA Title caliber without him.
giphy.gif

Is it just me or do I see a lot of 6 6 6 7 wings on miami's roster ? Looks similar to MSU's situation

This is Tyler Lydon's team more than anyone else's.

While I am very excited about Battle, this is absolutely not his team. He has not earned that right (yet). I agree with Dash in that it is more Lydon's team than Battle, at least at this point. After he plays a few games, then we can re-assess.

It's absolutely worth it. You act like JB won't be able to handle it if there's a chemistry issue.

Chemistry issues aren't dealt with as easily as you make it sound. JB has had teams implode due to selfish guys/bad teammates.

Mike's article is well done and factors in all the options. If White wants to play the "2" then he is Miami bound. He simply has to beat out a true freshman for that role. While at Cuse, that may also be true in a sense, I don't believe its quite as simple. If he starts at the 2 here, I think that forces TB to start at point, where you would imagine Gillon will play/start. If we move TB to the 3, it takes a bigger better rebounder, TL or AW, away from the basket. Think he's a 3 or bust at Cuse, which means if he wants to only be a guard, his options are better at the U. Just my .02 cents.

Absolutely, if you read Mike's article, posted above, and look at the roster, that's definitely what he will get at the U. Tons of time at the 2, which it seems is what he wants.
They have a higher ranked SG than what we have. How is he going to see more time at the SG spot there?

What's the hard part to understand?

That the team is national title caliber sans adding White.

They're probably a borderline top 25 team without White.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom