Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not concerned.

Not offering any guarantees, but today's turn of events is not worrying those who would be concerned.
If Jake and "those who would be concerned" aren't concerned, why the heck would I? I recommend deep breaths for those whose lives teeter on the edge over the plans of a kid younger than some of mine. Life is good...

What I posted in the other thread

Contrary to what a few posters are saying AW3 still has not committed to to coaches. They may have some preregistration in place in case he does (like they did for Tyler Cavanaugh). But the fact remains he has not told the coaches he is coming to Syracuse.

Part of the challenge with being the "go-to" guy on a team like Richmond is that you always draw the opposing team's best defender and often find yourself double-teamed. You might score 22 pts., but you you end up doing it shooting well under 50%, with a lot of pts. coming at the FT line. Being the best player on your team might garner you All A-10 honors, but doing it against weaker competition isn't going to help your cache with NBA scouts.

Not sure where Aug 1st came from. Coaches want him on Campus by Aug 19th. Hop and JB will be in Rio. The 19th is a Friday. The Gold Medal game in Rio is on Sunday Aug 21st. Coaches back in Syracuse by the 23rd. Can get back to work with the entire squad in tacked.

Apparently AW3 and his Brother were shooting hoops at Richmond today. Apparently they go shoot around there sometimes when they're both home (his brother plays at Charlotte).

It doesn't appear to be an official visit.

Like I said earlier.. it is a photo of Andrew (Nebraska shorts), Andrien (his younger brother in Charlotte shorts), and their dad watching them shoot around in their hometown. Nothing to see here...

Like I said earlier.. it is a photo of Andrew (Nebraska shorts), Andrien (his younger brother in Charlotte shorts), and their dad watching them shoot around in their hometown. Nothing to see here...

If that is a recruiting visit, Richmond isn't doing it right!

Where is 013 when you need him.
I'd respond but you guys will be sick of me repeating myself. I'm seriously positive as in 100% that he is in contact with the SU staff and he certainly is NOT going to Richmond.

Now, some of you point out that ANYTHING could happen and I guess that's true. But IF he doesn't make this public then we don't need a psychotic liar on our team anyway. I don't know him personally or on any level. I know he has taken SERIOUS AND MAJOR academic steps to being an SU grad student (I'm being vague on purpose).

I also don't want to step on any toes but my source swears that nobody is frustrated that he is ignoring coaches.

I remain 100% certain - he is coming to SU.

I'd respond but you guys will be sick of me repeating myself. I'm seriously positive as in 100% that he is in contact with the SU staff and he certainly is NOT going to Richmond.

Now, some of you point out that ANYTHING could happen and I guess that's true. But IF he doesn't make this public then we don't need a psychotic liar on our team anyway. I don't know him personally or on any level. I know he has taken SERIOUS AND MAJOR academic steps to being an SU grad student (I'm being vague on purpose).

I also don't want to step on any toes but my source swears that nobody is frustrated that he is ignoring coaches.

I remain 100% certain - he is coming to SU.
But if he has legitametely taken these "serious and major steps " and you are so certain he is coming , it doesn't make sense to ignore the coaches.

But if he has legitametely taken these "serious and major steps " and you are so certain he is coming , it doesn't make sense to ignore the coaches.
True, but from what I have been told he has NOT ignored coaches.

I respect everyone else's sources but as I sit here at the Cheesecake Factory with my source, I'm confident in what I am being told.

Relax.

Please explain why this is so prolonged.

I'm not threatened by Richmond and I'll tell you why.

If White goes to Richmond instead of us, it means that he wants to be the sole offensive focus and isn't concerned too much about team success or compete for minutes. That would be a bad fit for us.

If White comes here, the above isn't true, and he's a good fit for us.

tl;dr

If White chooses to go to Richmond, we're possibly dodging a bullet.

Good post.

Team chemistry can be very important. Not saying AW III is a self-centered player, but JB's recent teams apparently have had good team chemistry and rapport.

The last obviously selfish player that I can remember here was MeShaun. I know a lot of fans thought that Donte Greene took too many questionable shots, but many have said that with that team JB gave him the green light (pun unintended).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom