Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the delay isn't because of a push for minutes at the #2 to showcase NBA SG potential. That would be silly: 1) he's hardly an ideal fit for SG in college (at least at SU) and if he has trouble staying in front of very quick ACC guards that may sour scouts on his M2M abilities; and 2) pro scouts will evaluate his NBA skillset regardless of what position plays SF in college.

Agree, across all three counts.

On a similar theme to what others have stated... if the holdout is for guaranteed minutes at sg it's a stupid ploy. If you can't play it well enough to claim the available minutes at SU you aren't making an NBA roster at the 2 anyway.

This. JB is nothing if not fair. If you can play, you play. If you can play at a really high level, you play a lot of minutes.
Friendly advice to AWIII, get your ass in the gym and be a leader. Lead this team to another Final Four and possible National Championship. It isn't about the minutes or points, teams love leaders and winners, you have the opportunity to be both here. Skills help too.

It all seems foolish. AW is trying to get to the NBA. If I were him, I wouldn't need a guarantee. Because if I couldn't play my way on to the court at SU, then how the hell am I going to make an NBA roster?

This. JB is nothing if not fair. If you can play, you play. If you can play at a really high level, you play a lot of minutes.

Astute. The best way for White to enhance his "brand" would be to be a vital part of a powerhouse team that garners lots of coverage throughout the season. If he chooses to come to SU, he could be part of something special [maybe even a 2010 or 2012 caliber type of season] and get lots of indirect recognition.

If he's worried about not being featured or playing out of position to showcase himself, he's focused upon the wrong evaluative criteria for what it will take for him to get to the NBA.

Astute. The best way for White to enhance his "brand" would be to be a vital part of a powerhouse team that garners lots of coverage throughout the season. If he chooses to come to SU, he could be part of something special [maybe even a 2010 or 2012 caliber type of season] and get lots of indirect recognition.

If he's worried about not being featured or playing out of position to showcase himself, he's focused upon the wrong evaluative criteria for what it will take for him to get to the NBA.
Good point, and my guess is he knows this. Hopefully, his family can accept it as well. It's a team game .. at all levels.

Last edited:
Maybe AW is waiting on the results of MM's MRI? 2 or 3 minutes of additional PT are at stake.

Well 8/29 is the first day of graduate classes. So he's got three weeks to get whatever he needs to do done, make arrangements, and be on campus taking class. I have to think mid-week next week is the realistic latest he could do that.

I'm sorry but I and others said that this was not a done deal weeks ago. Do I think at the end of the day that he will probably go to Syracuse? Yes I do. But i know for a fact that Syracuse coaches were going to call him last week and review why we were a better situation than Miami. That sound like the coaches thought it was a done deal? I also believe Orangeman 13 when he says that prep is being made for him at Syracuse. That makes sense as well. And it would right up to the moment he says, sorry guys, I'm going to...fill in the blank. If this was a sure thing, let's face it, it would already be a done deal. I think he goes to Syracuse. And I really want him because he could be a difference maker for us. But part of me is thinking, What is up with this kid and is he more trouble than he is worth?

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to doubling down on 100%?
Absolutely. My source (not me) is 99.9% sure he is playing for Syracuse next year. And she talks to several guys who wear Syracuse uniforms ;)

I'm sorry but I and others said that this was not a done deal weeks ago. Do I think at the end of the day that he will probably go to Syracuse? Yes I do. But i know for a fact that Syracuse coaches were going to call him last week and review why we were a better situation than Miami. That sound like the coaches thought it was a done deal? I also believe Orangeman 13 when he says that prep is being made for him at Syracuse. That makes sense as well. And it would right up to the moment he says, sorry guys, I'm going to...fill in the blank. If this was a sure thing, let's face it, it would already be a done deal. I think he goes to Syracuse. And I really want him because he could be a difference maker for us. But part of me is thinking, What is up with this kid and is he more trouble than he is worth?
I agree with you. He does seem to be all about himself. Maybe we should be careful what we wish for because - like you said, he's coming to 'Cuse. We don't know if he's a head case when he sees this isn't Nebraska. I mean we have other good players too.

Absolutely. My source (not me) is 99.9% sure he is playing for Syracuse next year. And she talks to several guys who wear Syracuse uniforms ;)
Would it also be fair to say that your source has never seen a kid that was going to go to Syracuse suddenly say, I'm going to fill in the blank instead. The coaches have seen that before. Heck, I bet that some of the players on our own team were thought by other schools to be going to that school instead of Syracuse.

Would it also be fair to say that your source has never seen a kid that was going to go to Syracuse suddenly say, I'm going to fill in the blank instead. The coaches have seen that before. Heck, I bet that some of the players on our own team were thought by other schools to be going to that school instead of Syracuse.
IE Battle, Michigan

The most interesting thing in that article is that Miami starts classes a week ahead of cuse. So if it's getting really tight on him coming here it's getting razor thin on having time to head to Miami.
One thing my source did find out is that Miami isn't on his list anymore. She's the one who told me about 10 days before AW told everyone about Michigan State.

Yes, she said JB was visibly upset when Battle committed to Michigan. So, yes, technically ANYTHING can happen.

I'm just Regurgitating what she is saying about AW3

One thing my source did find out is that Miami isn't on his list anymore. She's the one who told me about 10 days before AW told everyone about Michigan State.
Here's the problem. He is and has been considering SOMETHING else. Wether that's another school he has yet to visit, or a school he doesn't even need to visit, or Europe, or settling down to be a professional banjo player... SOMETHING besides cuse has been an option for weeks that he has told your source nothing else was an option. He has publicly eliminated Nebraska and Michigan State. So until anything else is public, I don't believe we can take what is being said in private as absolute.

Here's the problem. He is and has been considering SOMETHING else. Wether that's another school he has yet to visit, or a school he doesn't even need to visit, or Europe, or settling down to be a professional banjo player... SOMETHING besides cuse has been an option for weeks that he has told your source nothing else was an option. He has publicly eliminated Nebraska and Michigan State. So until anything else is public, I don't believe we can take what is being said in private as absolute.
I see your point

If hes not going to Michigan State or Miami, where else is he going, he only has a couple weeks left to make a decision?

If hes not going to Michigan State or Miami, where else is he going, he only has a couple weeks left to make a decision?
Who knows? Maybe Miami is still an option and he's feeding people BS they want to hear. Maybe he's planning another trip this weekend. Maybe he has an in with a school he doesn't feel he needs to visit. Maybe he's mulling an offer from Europe. Maybe it's something none of us have even thought of. Or, of course, there's always banjo playing. Or... Maybe the kid just wants to commit to cuse as late as possible just... because.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom