Class of 2014 - Andrew Wiggins | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Andrew Wiggins

Telep is good if your completely oblivious to recruiting and just watch the espn specials...he is great informing all the bbn dorks of their next paid in full recruit. everytime i watch the guy, i feel like hes not really on top of anything besides UK crap. all good, he works for espn who works with UK. as far as Wiggins, if Jake or Francis says were involved if/when he reclassifies...good deal. highly unlikely as we dont hear much, but still good were a player.

I've talked with Telep at a few of the major high school tourneys and I have to say that guy knows his stuff. He defines the term basketball junkie. I definately respect Jake and Francis and hope we are a player in this but I doubt it. I would like to ask Jake and Francis this, any info on whether the staff has reached out to Wiggins after he basically publically opened up his recruitment? Any visits planned either way?

Can you imagine if we somehow were able to pull vonleh and Wiggins? Man, that would be incredible.

Pure pipedream.

Not so fast, my friends.

Adam Zagoria@AdamZagoria
Andrew Wiggins's dad and brother have both said positive things about UK publicly. “I would love to see him go to Kentucky,” Nick said.

I've talked with Telep at a few of the major high school tourneys and I have to say that guy knows his stuff. He defines the term basketball junkie. I definately respect Jake and Francis and hope we are a player in this but I doubt it. I would like to ask Jake and Francis this, any info on whether the staff has reached out to Wiggins after he basically publically opened up his recruitment? Any visits planned either way?

well i mean, it is his job and why he gets paid the big bucks. but, to me, he seems to be very average recruiting guy. im sure hes good, i think im just losing alot of respect for espn and alot of their employees.

Sorry, I just can't believe he's knows his stuff:
from https://twitter.com/DaveTelep
"Andrew Wiggins No. 1 and Julius Parker No. 2 is as strong a 1-2 punch as you can have. Oden-Durant, etc. 2014 class lost 2 T-10s this fall"
Julius Parker? Jabari Randle? Is that how it really works? LOL.

Cal talked James Young into playing SF to coexist with Aaron Harrison at 2G. Wiggins is a SF. Hard to see both him and Young on the same team competing for PT. But never underestimate the appeal of WWW and UK$$$. I hope we're making a serious effort (and with Ennis in his ear too) but I'm not optimistic on this one. From what has been reported both FSU and UNC are serious players. I'd hate for our first year in the ACC to have to go up against UNC if they grab both Vonleh and Wiggins.

Was told over the summer by a very good source that when we landed Tyler, it would give us a chance to land Wiggins. Doesn't mean that we'll get him because I still think that he'll end up at either UK or FSU, but we'll be involved.

Cal talked James Young into playing SF to coexist with Aaron Harrison at 2G. Wiggins is a SF. Hard to see both him and Young on the same team competing for PT. But never underestimate the appeal of WWW and UK$$$. I hope we're making a serious effort (and with Ennis in his ear too) but I'm not optimistic on this one. From what has been reported both FSU and UNC are serious players. I'd hate for our first year in the ACC to have to go up against UNC if they grab both Vonleh and Wiggins.
Wiggins can play positions 2-4. He embarrassed Julius Randle over the summer. I'm sure Cal will have no problems selling him on playing in various positions and logging in major minutes at the 4.

You mean buying not selling. Right?
Correct my man.
wZggY.png

Was told over the summer by a very good source that when we landed Tyler, it would give us a chance to land Wiggins. Doesn't mean that we'll get him because I still think that he'll end up at either UK or FSU, but we'll be involved.
Hey, either the money or the roster spots have to run out for Cal at some point!

When does ESPN get declared a UK booster and become subject to some of the NCAA rules that apply to boosters?
It's shameless... Last night, they had "Kentucky Blue" on ESPN ... not for anything in particular. Just a random view of the latest D-League practice and perpetually glib smirk on Cal's grill. And of course there was something on Duke ... just because.

I don't see those combo's being any better than Rak Coleman or Trevor Grant ;)
What about that freshman that led us to a title, Carmelo McNamara

This. Heard same.

Hey, either the money or the roster spots have to run out for Cal at some point!

Good point. Does NCAA allow you to over-recruit? As in you don't have any spots but you still offer because you know people will leave. Cal might recruit 3 more for all we know.