Annual College Draft | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Annual College Draft

OMG with Chris these THREE conferences are to pick between. Very underrated great job draft rookie Chris02M.

Said the man tied to 1950s NBC and second rate cable properties
They'll need a remote for the schlock games you'll be showing on the Versus Deerhunter Channel shown between Demolition Derbies and BaitCasting Shows
Tenn hasn't woken up in 10 years...and they are not selling out either
Our conference is inclusive and willing to work with BYU...getting TexBauer games throughout the world on BYUTV is an added plus.
Mark did BYU agree to play any athletic events on Sunday or was the NAC willingly to take them anyway. I liked the BYU pick their profits were low because of advertisement dollars I found out. They don't generate much in sponsorships because they likely choose not to pursue them.

TexBauer Rivalry Games

East
Alabama vs Auburn
Clemson vs Florida
Louisville vs Virginia
UCF vs North Carolina State

West
Southern California vs Arizona State
Cal vs Stanford
Oregon vs Washington
Utah vs BYU

I'd say 6 of those are nationally compelling

Mark did BYU agree to play any athletic events on Sunday or was the NAC willingly to take them anyway. I liked the BYU pick their profits were low because of advertisement dollars I found out. They don't generate much in sponsorships because they likely choose not to pursue them.

We told them they don't have to play on Sundays. BB title will be held on Saturday. We expect to have no Sports Championship events on Sunday...if there is a conflict ever they either forfeit or play. The NAC will work with them and do not expect many issues.

BMACMap.JPG

Divisions:

West -
Texas
Oklahoma
Arizona
UCLA
Mizzou
Illinois
Colorado
Oregon State

East -
Georgia
South Carolina
Miami
Duke
Kentucky
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt
Cincinnati

If we go four pods:

West: UCLA, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon State
Midwest: Texas, Oklahoma, Mizzou, Illinois
Southeast: Georgia, USC, Ole Miss, Vandy
East: Duke, Miami, Kentucky, Cincy

My conference is truly coast-to-coast without being divided. We have elite football programs in Georgia, South Carolina, Miami, Texas, and Oklahoma, with plenty of history. As a full conference, we boast 29 claimed national championships. Texas vs. Oklahoma, and Georgia vs. South Carolina give us two of the better existing rivalries in the sport, while others are sure to quickly develop. UCLA vs. Arizona in basketball is already a great game; Duke vs. Kentucky will be epic.

In hoops, Kentucky, Duke, and UCLA give the conference three of the top basketball programs of all time. Arizona is arguably a top 10 hoops program, while Texas, Oklahoma, Vanderbilt, Miami, Cincinnati, Missouri, and Illinois have all fielded very good teams in recent years. The conference owns 26 NCAA Tournament championships, as well as numerous pre-tournament titles and dozens of Final Fours.

This conference dominates major television markets. Our schools are in or very local to at least 36 of the 100 top television markets, including five of the top 10, and 15 of the top 30.

Our football conference will absolutely dominate recruiting. Borrowing from the fantastic FootballStudyHall.com, here is the breakdown of high school FBS recruits:

Recruiting-Distribution.jpg

We have the flagship school of No. 1 Texas, a major representative in No. 2 Florida and No. 3 California, the flagship school of No. 4 Georgia, and the second best program in No. 5 Ohio. We're also represented in No. 9 Illinois, No. 11 North Carolina, No. 14 Mississippi, No. 15 Tennessee, No. 17 South Carolina, No. 18 Oklahoma, No. 20 Arizona, No. 23 Missouri, and No. 24 Colorado.

In total, we have schools in states that combine to deliver 70% of all FBS-bound high school football players in the nation. That number is untouchable.

Academically, our conference has five Top 50 schools from US News & World Report's National University rankings, as well as nine of the Top 100. Duke, Vanderbilt, and UCLA are three of the top academic FBS-football schools in the nation.

In building this conference, once I saw the value in the west coast teams over what was remaining in the east and midwest, I looked to create a conference that would stretch from coast to coast without any schools being left on an island. This conference, as shown on the map above, is 100% contiguous, from Miami to Oregon State.

Good day, sirs.
giphy.gif

If Tex Bauer-BK came together their is trade potential for both conferences to make them even better. Same for Kaiser-Chris if they wanted to explore it.

View attachment 14142
Divisions:

West -
Texas
Oklahoma
Arizona
UCLA
Mizzou
Illinois
Colorado
Oregon State

East -
Georgia
South Carolina
Miami
Duke
Kentucky
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt
Cincinnati

If we go four pods:

West: UCLA, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon State
Midwest: Texas, Oklahoma, Mizzou, Illinois
Southeast: Georgia, USC, Ole Miss, Vandy
East: Duke, Miami, Kentucky, Cincy

My conference is truly coast-to-coast without being divided. We have elite football programs in Georgia, South Carolina, Miami, Texas, and Oklahoma, with plenty of history. As a full conference, we boast 29 claimed national championships.

In hoops, Kentucky, Duke, and UCLA give the conference three of the top basketball programs of all time. Arizona is arguably a top 10 hoops program, while Texas, Oklahoma, Vanderbilt, Miami, Cincinnati, Missouri, and Illinois have all fielded very good teams in recent years. The conference owns 26 NCAA Tournament championships, as well as numerous pre-tournament titles and dozens of Final Fours.

This conference dominates major television markets. Our schools are in or very local to at least 36 of the 100 top television markets, including five of the top 10, and 15 of the top 30.

Our football conference will absolutely dominate recruiting. Borrowing from the fantastic FootballStudyHall.com, here is the breakdown of high school FBS recruits:

Recruiting-Distribution.jpg

We have the flagship school of No. 1 Texas, a major representative in No. 2 Florida and No. 3 California, the flagship school of No. 4 Georgia, and the second best program in No. 5 Ohio. We're also represented in No. 9 Illinois, No. 11 North Carolina, No. 14 Mississippi, No. 15 Tennessee, No. 17 South Carolina, No. 18 Oklahoma, No. 20 Arizona, No. 23 Missouri, and No. 24 Colorado.

In total, we have schools in states that combine to deliver 70% of all FBS-bound high school football players in the nation. That number is untouchable.

Academically, our conference has five Top 50 schools from US News & World Report's National University rankings, as well as nine of the Top 100. Duke, Vanderbilt, and UCLA are three of the top academic FBS-football schools in the nation.

In building this conference, once I saw the value in the west coast teams over what was remaining in the east and midwest, I looked to create a conference that would stretch from coast to coast without any schools being left on an island. This conference, as shown on the map above, is 100% contiguous, from Miami to Oregon State.

Good day, sirs.
giphy.gif
Just for the effort that deserves a like from everyone well done now I need to write it more closely.

If Tex Bauer-BK came together their is trade potential for both conferences to make them even better. Same for Kaiser-Chris if they wanted to explore it.
We are pretty set but BK or anyone else are welcome to propose something.

BK...I recommend 4 Pods for you...Illinois and Mizzou stick out like sore thumbs in an 8/8 setup.

TexanMark said:
TexBauer Rivalry Games East Alabama vs Auburn Clemson vs Florida Louisville vs Virginia UCF vs North Carolina State West Southern California vs Arizona State Cal vs Stanford Oregon vs Washington Utah vs BYU I'd say 6 of those are nationally compelling

I see 2.

BK broke out a map. If this were up to a vote, I would always vote for the dude with a map.
problem is once the people in oregon see the map and realize theyre treking to miami...they opt out.

problem is once the people in oregon see the map and realize theyre treking to miami...they opt out.

Idk man.. If I lived in Oregon, I'd be jumping on every chance I could get to head to Miami

They're not trekking to Florida every year and the stadium is still going to be filled. People will come from all over Florida to see Oregon play. Those up in Oregon can make sure their TV sets are on and ready to go, we'll have a special network for them.

I know you're all waiting on my experienced and expert opinion but I'm having a hard time picking the winner between Chris and TexBauer.

Sorry BK and Kaiser. Better luck next year.

I know you're all waiting on my experienced and expert opinion but I'm having a hard time picking the winner between Chris and TexBauer.

Sorry BK and Kaiser. Better luck next year.
ill take that as a Victory.

chris has a whole bunch of nothing.

fl st, lsu, ohio st and a whole bunch of also rans.

nebraska hasnt been nebraska since tom osborne left.

and texbauer failed in a weak attempt to be create a bees jr conf, but he couldnt get it national. nobody cares to watch 75% of the teams they got.

3-0

no snake next year, lets do it straight.

Just breaking things down a bit...

Conf UEO...

Prime Time Hoops programs: Michigan, Wiscy, Indiana, Kansas, Syracuse, Carolina
Programs w solid tradition and PT potential: Arkansas, Kansas St, Tennessee, Maryland, Notre Dame
Traditional Nation-wide audience hoops Rivalries: Michigan v. Indiana
Regional Rivalries of significance: Wiscy-Mich, Indiana-Wiscy, Kansas-KState

Prime Time Football programs: Michigan, ND, A&M, Tennessee, Wiscy, KState
Programs w solid tradition and PT potential: SU, BC, Carolina, Arkansas
Traditional nation-wide audience football rivalries: ND v Michigan
Regional rivalries of significance: SU-BC, Wiscy-Mich, SU-RU, Kansas-KState, A&M-Tennessee

Overall: What a basketball conference!!! Maybe those big 6 aren't traditional rivals but anytime those programs are playing there are going to be eyeballs on TV sets, especially when they play each other. This conference has 11 elite/solid basketball schools. Fun winters in this league. Football wise you have 6 big guns as well that includes one of the best rivalries in football with ND vs Michigan plus 2 SEC giants. Wiscy and KState aren't spectacular football traditions but they hold up against just about anyone in the nation. With 10 elite/solid football teams and no true deadbeats besides Maryland and Rutgers there are is the potential to have some truly exciting Fall Saturdays.

Tex Bauer...

PT Hoops programs: Louisville, Florida
Programs w solid tradition and PT potential: Oregon, Washington, Stanford, NC St, Virginia, Cal, Utah, Stanford
Traditional nation-wide audience hoops Rivalries: None
Regional rivalries of significance: Cal-Oregon, USC-Cal, BYU-Utah, UVA-NCSt, Auburn-Bama, Cal-Stanford

PT Football programs: Bama, Florida, Auburn, USC, Oregon, Clemson, Louisville, Stanford
Programs w solid tradition and PT potential: Wash, Cal, BYU, and sort of UCF
Traditional nation-wide audience football rivalries: Bama-FL, Bama-Auburn, FL-Auburn, USC-Oregon, Cal-Stanford
Regional rivalries of significance: Cal-Oregon, USC-Cal, BYU-Utah, UVA-NCSt, Auburn-Bama, Cal-Stanford

Overall: What a football conference!!! Who cares about Olympic sports when you can have a football schedule like this conference would have?! Holy crow! And the best part for TV money is that you've got the east and west coast covered. You'd have 12 elite/solid football schools and with lots of old rivalries and the potential for some steamy new ones. Basketball could be sneaky average but all the sleeper teams are on the west coast and lets be honest... when those games come on TV I'm already in my flannels dreaming.

Chris...

PT Hoops programs: MSU, OSU, Pittsburgh
Programs w solid tradition and PT potential: Ok St, Fl. St, Iowa St., Iowa, West Virginia, LSU
Traditional nation-wide audience hoops rivalries: MSU-OSU
Regional rivalries of significance: Iowa-Iowa St.

PT Football programs: Fl. St, LSU, Penn St, VT, OSU, Ok St, MSU, Nebraska
Programs w solid tradition and PT potential: Baylor, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Minnesota
Traditional nation-wide audience football rivalries: OSU-MSU, WVU-Pitt
Regional rivalries of significance: Iowa-Iowa St, VT-WVU, Penn St-Pitt

Overall: Sneaky great football conference. Doesn't pack quite the same elite punch as Tex Bauer does but I'd love to see Fl. St-LSU on a yearly basis. Throw in THE Ohio State University and you've got 3 NC contenders every year. You'd have a total of 13 elite/solid football squads and virtually zero dead beats. Very tough league from top to bottom. This basketball conference would be really really tough to get into. Quite a few dead beats in this crowd.

BlackKnight...

PT Hoops programs: Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, UCLA
Programs w solid tradition and PT potential: Texas, Oklahoma, Illinois, Mizzou, Cincy, Vandy, Miami, Colorado
Traditional nation-wide audience hoops rivalries: Arizona-UCLA, Duke-Kentucky
Regional rivalries of significance: Kentucky-Vandy, Oklahoma-Texas

PT Football programs: Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, SC, Miami, UCLA, Mizzou
Programs w solid tradition and PT potential: Ole Miss, Vandy
Traditional nation-wide audience football rivalries: Texas-Oklahoma, Georgia-SC
Regional rivalries of significance: Arizona-UCLA

Overall: This conference features one of the best college football rivalries but the elite names within this conference do not hit you in the mouth like Tex Bauer, Chris or UEO. If Miami, Oklahoma, and Texas could all find their early 2000s form then this conference has the potential to really wallop you with big time match-ups but as of right now it doesn't seem to hold the same fire power as the other conferences. Also I'd contend that this leagues does not hold up depth wise in football. Someone could look at this same league and put it as high as second best but I just don't see it that way as of now. Basketball you've got the two biggest names in Duke and Kentucky. Those two programs have played in enough big games against each other to be considered a traditional rival despite the fact that they have never been league foes. This is the second best hoops league though IMO as it just can't surpass the big 6 and depth that Conf UEO has.

If I had to rank:
1.Tex Bauer (F:1 B:3)
2. Kaiser (F:3 B:1)
3. Chris (F:2 B:4)
4. BK (F:4 B:2)

1 had to be Tex Bauer because football is king
2 & 3 are pretty much interchangeable in my eyes but I went Kaiser at 2 because he's got ND, best hoops league, strong northeast presence.

Last edited: