Annual SU/Uconn in MSG | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Annual SU/Uconn in MSG

Agreed. But many of us still complained when we wound up in the Atlantic Division instead of the Coastal because we wanted to renew the rivalries with both Miami and VT.

However they got there in basketball (and I'd say their reputation was built playing not just us, but Georgetown, St. John's, and Nova as well), does it truly matter? They now have 4 NCs and no one is thinking that they got them because they played SU.

Cheers,
Neil

Not the point. The point was that their success has been at the expense of ours, to a certain extent regarding both Va Tech and UConn basketball.

If they linger in that crap league for a few years, their recruits will dry up and Ollie we leave for the NBA. Then they will have a series of coaches who view the UConn job as a stepping stone to a P5 conference job and my wishes will be complete.

Cincinnati, Okie State and San Francisco are all one-time powerful programs with multiple NCAA championships. I'd like UConn to slide back to that level. This last championship will delay that process, but for me, that's what this is all about.

You sound like Boeheim when he says St. Johns is still important. Get Uconn at MSG and attendance, ratings, exposure would all be far greater than a game with St. Johns. FACT.

It is common knowledge that Georgetown and Uconn split the bill as biggest Cuse rival. The same factors...attendance, ratings, exposure can be used and it would be neck and neck for the last twenty years. 80's are over bud.

How many recruits come from CT as opposed to NYC? There's your easy answer. That's why St. John's remains a sleeping giant.

My original question didn't have anything to do with recruiting, presence, strength of schedule, etc. My post was because I feel it is a game that would be enjoyable to see every year and an excuse to try to relive that BET magic in NYC. We have the #1 recruiting class in the country coming in. Our place in college basketball is just fine. The UConn fan has it right in that simply put it would be a fun game to go to. St. Johns doesn't have ESPN hype. That 6 overtime game is a classic game that ESPN loves to bring up and hype up when we play them in NYC. SJU/SU is ho hum nationally. SU/UConn is not.

So... No we don't need UConn. Yes playing them probably helps their recruiting. Yes Georgetown is our biggest rival. No our strength of schedule doesn't need this game. Yes I would love to see them rot and just go away. (No that is not going to happen) Yes they are only a recent rival. But who cares. The game would be FUN.

I sat in front of some obnoxious UConn fans in Buffalo who cheered harder for Dayton than the Dayton fans and bashed the crap out of us during our game and while they had their game in hand. You cant tell me the back and forth created by this game wouldn't be a great week of what college basketball is all about.

Shotclock said:
My original question didn't have anything to do with recruiting, presence, strength of schedule, etc. My post was because I feel it is a game that would be enjoyable to see every year and an excuse to try to relive that BET magic in NYC. We have the #1 recruiting class in the country coming in. Our place in college basketball is just fine. The UConn fan has it right in that simply put it would be a fun game to go to. St. Johns doesn't have ESPN hype. That 6 overtime game is a classic game that ESPN loves to bring up and hype up when we play them in NYC. SJU/SU is ho hum nationally. SU/UConn is not. So... No we don't need UConn. Yes playing them probably helps their recruiting. Yes Georgetown is our biggest rival. No our strength of schedule doesn't need this game. Yes I would love to see them rot and just go away. (No that is not going to happen) Yes they are only a recent rival. But who cares. The game would be FUN. I sat in front of some obnoxious UConn fans in Buffalo who cheered harder for Dayton than the Dayton fans and bashed the crap out of us during our game and while they had their game in hand. You cant tell me the back and forth created by this game wouldn't be a great week of what college basketball is all about.

Ok, you convinced me . We'll play them every few years in the Dome.

It's pretty straightforward for me….

Syracuse vs. UConn matchups are tremendously entertaining and intense, thus, I want them to continue. I like being pumped out of my mind to play a team I hate. That's the reason I like sports.

You know how i feel
Since the old standard has been BANNED, I think any post with UCONN in it should be as well.
For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge UConn! ;)

Now that SU has renewed the Gtown rivalry I think the last game that needs to happen every year is Uconn and SU in MSG. We are very much tied to MSG with Uconn and it would be a very hyped up game every year. Our game with St. Johns may cause some difficulty with this but I feel this needs to happen. This would be the game I would travel to NYC for.

hey storz

My original question didn't have anything to do with recruiting, presence, strength of schedule, etc. My post was because I feel it is a game that would be enjoyable to see every year and an excuse to try to relive that BET magic in NYC. We have the #1 recruiting class in the country coming in. Our place in college basketball is just fine. The UConn fan has it right in that simply put it would be a fun game to go to. St. Johns doesn't have ESPN hype. That 6 overtime game is a classic game that ESPN loves to bring up and hype up when we play them in NYC. SJU/SU is ho hum nationally. SU/UConn is not.

So... No we don't need UConn. Yes playing them probably helps their recruiting. Yes Georgetown is our biggest rival. No our strength of schedule doesn't need this game. Yes I would love to see them rot and just go away. (No that is not going to happen) Yes they are only a recent rival. But who cares. The game would be FUN.

I sat in front of some obnoxious UConn fans in Buffalo who cheered harder for Dayton than the Dayton fans and bashed the crap out of us during our game and while they had their game in hand. You cant tell me the back and forth created by this game wouldn't be a great week of what college basketball is all about.

This nails it. For the love of god it's sports...not a game of Risk. CR has made people lose perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom