Antsy on Roberson...... | Syracusefan.com

Antsy on Roberson......

newmexicuse

All Conference
I see no reason for the wonderful and fair NCAA to be dawdling past the beginning of classes.

Is there any reason why a student-athlete should not be on campus and taking classes pending eligibility approval if that is agreeable to both the student and the school ?

This way, all that happens is that the student-athlete falls behind on his academics.

I see no reason for the wonderful and fair NCAA to be dawdling past the beginning of classes.

Is there any reason why a student-athlete should not be on campus and taking classes pending eligibility approval if that is agreeable to both the student and the school ?

This way, all that happens is that the student-athlete falls behind on his academics.

I understand it in the context that their focus is probably on football related issues right now, since that season is about to commence.

But I don't fully get why he can't enroll, especially if everybody is confident that he will eventually clear. That doesn't make much sense to me.

This came up in a thread yesterday.

If he's not eligible, SU can't officially give him a scholarship.

He can enroll as long as he's willing to pay his own tuition and room & board like any ordinary student, then get reimbursed if/when his scholarship comes through.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/obokoh-cleared.56417/

That would make way too much sense for the NCAA.

This has been bugging me for a couple days; I was going to post on it this morning but got sidetracked. Obviously, the NCAA does not care if a student-athlete starts a semester on time, goes to class, and gets passing grades. This type of story should be making the headlines and embarrassing the crap out of the NCAA. Only then will they get their act together--to save face.

The crazy thing is that the NCAA doesn't notify him directly when they've reached a decision. He has to continually check their website for his info.

I can picture him wearing out his F5 button just like one of us fans during recruit decision time.

It's crazy. He could enroll but he'd have to have the tuition money. If he doesn't, the school could float him with the understanding that the scholly will take effect shortly. But that would be an impermissible benefit. I'm sure Tyler and his family are so glad to have the benevolent NCAA looking out for him!

The Post Standard article from a couple days ago made it sound like a decision has to be made by Monday. Could it be a possibility that he sits out the first semester then joins the team in late December/January? That's what Chris Walker is doing at Florida.

Seems like were gonna lose this guy if the NCAA does this.

Wouldnt be a year of Cuse hoops with out something brewin right?

At this point, if Roberson is cleared I will be pleasantly surprised. For some reason I am expecting the worst. :bang:

At this point, if Roberson is cleared I will be pleasantly surprised. For some reason I am expecting the worst. :bang:

I agree and I'd think he'd have to be cleared by Friday...the NCAA won't do shite on a weekend, much less a holiday weekend. It's got to be a nerve-racking situation for the kid, especially having to log onto the stupid website and check his status throughout the day.:bang: indeed.

He said in a recent article I have a backup plan if things don't work out wonder if that means enroll himself or go to europe.

I would like to think the university has figured out how to fit the usual deadline in tune for most basketball players nationwide. Hang in there, they won't treat us any worse then any other school.

I understand it in the context that their focus is probably on football related issues right now, since that season is about to commence.

But I don't fully get why he can't enroll, especially if everybody is confident that he will eventually clear. That doesn't make much sense to me.
I am not buying this anymore there has been plenty of news on other Bball kids. The Kentucky kids, Rathan-Mayes, and and our own Chino Obokoh

What I think is interesting is the academic casualties to football seem to be less than the basketball. Especially when there are recruiting classes of 25-30 students for each team in football compared to 2-4 in basketball.

I smell a Winfred Walton. It pisses me off that a recruit like Nerlens Noel could have all those clouds hovering over his head and gets cleared, yet a not a thing has ever been implied about Roberson and it looks like he's gonna get screwed. What?

JB should just pull a Calhoun, tell Tyler to get his butt to class, and dare the NCAA to F with him. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom