Any Chance: Hopkins to BC, Autry to Va. Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Any Chance: Hopkins to BC, Autry to Va. Tech

Garbs said:
if he didn't go to USC why the hell would he go to BC?

Did he have a USC offer? I don't think he did.

It frosts my A$$ that posters state that BC & VT and other so called lower schools will want someone with HC experience. Yet,a BB school with the stature of Syacuse will accept a coach without any experience as a HC.....!!

If BC would not want our AC, why would we settle for him! Imagine the number of talented HC's that would be salivating for the opportunity to coach at SU !

Hopkins might have been high on B.C.'s list but they have said that they are not looking for a coach. As for Autry, I think Va tech would be looking for a head coach with experience.

BC isnt looking for a coach?

What are they going to do? Player/coach?

I question whether he was offered by St. Bonaventure !
He was offered at St Bonventure and Charlotte... and was in the process of finalizing things at USC when Enfield got hot at Florida Gulf Coast ... and became everyone's darling.

He's not worth the millions he would cost to the school for the result they would get. That's why SU pays him such a high salary so he won't be poached by some school like BC.

Doesn't he also run all the practices at this point?

Wallo said:

If I were a d*** I would hijack this thread and try to create a long term Syracusefan.com meme of "things wallo would question." Like BlueCurtain and the infamous larger NBA court making the zone ineffective.

sorry. Last I saw they said he was safe.

"Hopkins might have been high on B.C.'s list but they have said that they are not looking for a coach."

Im very confused.

Let me set your mind at ease. The Bonnies begged Mike to take the job. And Charlotte offered him JB money to take theirs. USC would have happened if not for the Yahoo story and Enfield getting hot at the right time.

"Hopkins might have been high on B.C.'s list but they have said that they are not looking for a coach."

Im very confused.
Why are you confused? A couple of days ago B.C. said donohue was safe. That was the last I saw until learning they changed their minds today. Mike was high on their list. I would guess he still is. I would have to think it would be Amakers job if he wanted it.

It frosts my A$$ that posters state that BC & VT and other so called lower schools will want someone with HC experience. Yet,a BB school with the stature of Syacuse will accept a coach without any experience as a HC...!!

If BC would not want our AC, why would we settle for him! Imagine the number of talented HC's that would be salivating for the opportunity to coach at SU !
Other than Hopkins (whose been with us forever), I doubt we'd take someone with no head coaching experience.

Doesn't he also run all the practices at this point?
Mike is as ready to become a head coach as any assistant coach has ever been. He has more experience than some current head coaches. The only thing he's missing is the heat/spotlight of being the HC. He's ready and will do well.

Why are you confused? A couple of days ago B.C. said donohue was safe. That was the last I saw until learning they changed their minds today. Mike was high on their list. I would guess he still is. I would have to think it would be Amakers job if he wanted it.

But you posted that at 2:07. Was the before they announced Donahue was fired?

If I were BC I would back up the Brinks truck to Ed Cooley's house.
i always thought that too.

however, he was on Francesa yesterday and...'take it with a grain of salt alert, for everybody has their price'...he said Providence was his dream job. he was born in providence, went to HS in providence, his friends and family are all in providence, he commuted to bc from providence as he lived(s) there.

BC should go after Orlando Antigua.
Hey, that's former Harlem Globetrotter Orlando Antigua to you, bub.
images

No idea. I didn't read the board. I believed Thamel (who must be pissed) when he wrote that Steve D. was safe. I'm sorry if this is a big deal to you. I will try to read the board non stop to not miss anything.

i have no idea why you are getting so mad. sorry dash

Wallo: What is your opinion on BC wanting SU's assistant coach? Also, please comment on the frostiness of your ass. Thank you.
Curious that you are interested in my ass! Now that you established what you are, I decline to answer!

i have no idea why you are getting so mad. sorry dash
LOL no problem ATL. I am not at all mad. It is just I didn't see the B.C. news. Earlier this week SI reported he was safe. With their ship situition, bringing him back made no sense.

BC is a tough job.

Not sure what that means, but I am sure he knows that and would take that into consideration before making a decision.

LOL no problem ATL. I am not at all mad. It is just I didn't see the B.C. news. Earlier this week SI reported he was safe. With their ship situition, bringing him back made no sense.

When i read it, he was already fired - so i was honestly confused why you were saying they weren't looking for a coach.

Just a mis-communication with funky timing. thats all. we good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom