Any good TE stuck in the portal with Kirk and Spock? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Any good TE stuck in the portal with Kirk and Spock?

I'm think I respectfully disagree. I watched every play this year and can't remember once where Chris Elmore lined up as a traditional TE position. I'm sure it could have happened a few times, but plenty? I just don't think so. Staff is looking for a TE for all the reasons you mention above. Just doesn't quite cut it. Your solutions are a combination of wishful thinking, duct tape, intentional ignorance, and hope.

Not sure what intentional ignorance is... Sounds bad... Maybe it's the same as wishful thinking?

I'm think I respectfully disagree. I watched every play this year and can't remember once where Chris Elmore lined up as a traditional TE position. I'm sure it could have happened a few times, but plenty? I just don't think so. Staff is looking for a TE for all the reasons you mention above. Just doesn't quite cut it. Your solutions are a combination of wishful thinking, duct tape, intentional ignorance, and hope.
Yeah over the last few years we've had him on one end of the line and Pierce on the other end of the line.
It's happened in multiple games.
Anyone you've gone the line of insulting me and my knowledge of the offense, so enjoy your day and your thoughts :)

Yeah over the last few years we've had him on one end of the line and Pierce on the other end of the line.
It's happened in multiple games.
Anyone you've gone the line of insulting me and my knowledge of the offense, so enjoy your day and your thoughts :)
Huh? Insulting? My post disagreed with yours. I hope you're not a snowflake who claims to be insulted when someone disagrees with you. Its not that big of a deal. I stayed with facts and perception with no personal attack, unlike you.
Back to the post: We had Elmore and Pierce on the line This past year? Don't remember it.

Huh? Insulting? My post disagreed with yours. I hope you're not a snowflake who claims to be insulted when someone disagrees with you. Its not that big of a deal. I stayed with facts and perception with no personal attack, unlike you.
Back to the post: We had Elmore and Pierce on the line This past year? Don't remember it.
Can confirm, they were both on the line.

Elmore is having a great offseason, getting even bigger and stronger. Hackett is up to 240 and breaking all his PRs in the weight room. He was the highest graded player in our bowl victory, with three catches and excellent blocking. Both these guys are going into their junior seasons but both played extensively as true freshman and in every game as sophomores. They’re smart, talented players whose skill sets complement one another.

Elmore is having a great offseason, getting even bigger and stronger. Hackett is up to 240 and breaking all his PRs in the weight room. He was the highest graded player in our bowl victory, with three catches and excellent blocking. Both these guys are going into their junior seasons but both played extensively as true freshman and in every game as sophomores. They’re smart, talented players whose skill sets complement one another.
Griddy where did you get this info regarding elmore’s Offseason?

You don't think calling someone intentionally ignorant is an insult?

Or does that just come with the territory of your grating attitude?

You don't think calling someone intentionally ignorant is an insult?

Or does that just come with the territory of your grating attitude?
Last week the dude basically called me a liar when I shared a personal story from my college days.

Indeed. He could be flexed from FB to blocking TE, without having to sub.(tempo) Last year, they lined Heckel up at TE in the heavy package.
This is a good idea if they could cross train him for tempo it would be huge big challenge I see is that he is 6'0 usually you want a TE to be 4" to 6" taller for blocking and advantage in pass catching against LB coverage, speed and pad elevation can make up for this if he shows talent for the position.

He might need to line up at almost a wing back formation to give him more advantage with pad elevation against DEs. Coming out of 3pt stance a taller DE might be able to Get under and leverage him off his feet, 2 steps in to their rush running upright conversely he could get under them if he shows sufficient lateral speed to limit their angle advantage.

There is no love lost but I am decommiting from the university of Syracusefan.com rules;)
I thought you already signed? How does he apply to be in the transfer portal?
Rutgers board is looking for some optimistic posters. If Bama or ND board showed interest you could automatically shoot up and be a 4-star poster. Although if SU board really wanted to keep you, and you’re from NY State, I’m sure Penn State or Miami board would swoop in.

I thought you already signed? How does he apply to be in the transfer portal?
Rutgers board is looking for some optimistic posters. If Bama or ND board showed interest you could automatically shoot up and be a 4-star poster. Although if SU board really wanted to keep you, and you’re from NY State, I’m sure Penn State or Miami board would swoop in.

Does being a poster that lives in Florida give me a star boost at all?;):rolling:

Yep, your post disagreed with his with completely erroneous information. Elmore and Ravian both lined up plentyof times on the end of the line.

You should pay more attention to games.

Does being a poster that lives in Florida give me a star boost at all?;):rolling:
It can’t hurt, but you’d probably still need to attend a rating camp or pay for your profile with them.

Kinda excited for hackett

Still doesn’t feel like TE is that prominent in this offense. Could be wrong but I think it’s the running back and receiver groups that make hay in Dino’s offense. I would love a TE seem route in our offense with a Gedney style guy.

Tuazama was a fringe 4 star TE recruit in high school. He played DE in prep school, but wont get any run at that position with us next year. He should be petitioning to play TE for us now. And he is explosive!!! Would be a nice weapon for Devito

Still doesn’t feel like TE is that prominent in this offense. Could be wrong but I think it’s the running back and receiver groups that make hay in Dino’s offense. I would love a TE seem route in our offense with a Gedney style guy.
I agree. Tough to get a good te here when we had one but he never ran routes except in red zone.

Tuazama was a fringe 4 star TE recruit in high school. He played DE in prep school, but wont get any run at that position with us next year. He should be petitioning to play TE for us now. And he is explosive!!! Would be a nice weapon for Devito
I don't know if Benson will be ready without a RS. But when he gets on the field, you will remember his name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom