Any good TE stuck in the portal with Kirk and Spock? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Any good TE stuck in the portal with Kirk and Spock?

Tuazama was a fringe 4 star TE recruit in high school. He played DE in prep school, but wont get any run at that position with us next year. He should be petitioning to play TE for us now. And he is explosive!!! Would be a nice weapon for Devito
We did not offer him as a TE and he will not be playing that position at SU.

I don't know if Benson will be ready without a RS. But when he gets on the field, you will remember his name.
I don't know if Benson will be ready without a RS. But when he gets on the field, you will remember his name.
1550533712510.jpeg

We did not offer him as a TE and he will not be playing that position at

Did we
We did not offer him as a TE and he will not be playing that position at SU.
Why wouldnt he play TE if he is the best option at that position???????????????????
Was Chris Elmore recruited as a TE or DT??
Was Rex Culpepper recruited as a TE or QB?
Was Kielan Whitner recruited as a CB or LB??
Was Kenneth Ruff recruited as a DT or ILB??

At any level of football it best to get your best player on the field at all position. I would imagine the Syracuse coaches would continue to do that just as the did with the players i listed above

Why wouldnt he play TE if he is the best option at that position???????????????????

At any level of football it best to get your best player on the field at all position. I would imagine the Syracuse coaches would continue to do that just as the did with the players i listed above
if bnoro says he won't be playing TE he won't be playing TE.

With the amount of perdictions he has gotten right he may as well be;)
Oh... ok! Heres a prediction for you. Tuazama has more of a chance seeing playing time next year as a TE than DE. Here's another, we have two players that will have All-ACC honors at DE on our roster

Some folks have connections to the program. Some don't. Some posters actually know things. Others don't.

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I AGREE!!!! Lets just say this. Some players listed at DE on our roster KNOW they might get a shot at TE. Of course those players have to be better than the other options.

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I AGREE!!!! Lets just say this. Some players listed at DE on our roster KNOW they might get a shot at TE. Of course those players have to be better than the other options.

So, are you saying that YOU have connections to the program, too? Just like bnoro? You make some reasonable points, but statements like what the players "KNOW" either comes from inside knowledge on your part, or mere speculation, in which case I would respectfully suggest you change the wording to reflect this. Personally, I would love it if you also had inside information...we all appreciate those little tidbits, even if they aren't always what we want to hear (hat tip to bnoro for that last bit).

Elmore was recruited as a FB. Ruff outgrew the LB position, and Whitner outgrew the S position.

Tuazama has more potential at the DE position. He shouldn't be moved to TE for a year as a "quick fix" just to get on the field. Especially when TE isn't a position that matters that much in our offense.

So, are you saying that YOU have connections to the program, too? Just like bnoro? You make some reasonable points, but statements like what the players "KNOW" either comes from inside knowledge on your part, or mere speculation, in which case I would respectfully suggest you change the wording to reflect this. Personally, I would love it if you also had inside information...we all appreciate those little tidbits, even if they aren't always what we want to hear (hat tip to bnoro for that last bit).
With all due respect to bnoro i dont know him ( I dont think) and mean no disrespect to him at all Many of us have connections to the program, University and even high school coaches or recruits in some instances. I will not say i am a insider for obvious reasons. Perhaps he is. Maybe coach Babers told bnoro 26 minutes ago that "we will never look at Tuazama or any other DE on our roster at TE under any circumstances". If so he knows more about the subject with up to the minute information. I will also say its a possibility that we never see any current DE's playing TE in a game next year.
But I will say again, some student athletes listed at DE KNOW they will have a shot at TE. How that manifests itself is TBD. Could be a outright switch to that position, could be just some reps at that position for depth. Could be just a goal line package. But so we are clear, some players now listed at DE KNOW they have a shot at TE for Syracuse University next year!!!

Elmore was recruited as a FB. Ruff outgrew the LB position, and Whitner outgrew the S position.

Tuazama has more potential at the DE position. He shouldn't be moved to TE for a year as a "quick fix" just to get on the field. Especially when TE isn't a position that matters that much in our offense.
Elmer was a pretty good DT in high school i thought, and we didnt use alot of FB did we?? Whitner outgrew S???? I thought Monroe moved him to facilitate 4-2-5 with Cordy coming back from injury and our depth at S coupled with our lack of depth at LB. We probably talk to different folks in the program. Spring game and alignments will be interesting

With all due respect to bnoro i dont know him ( I dont think) and mean no disrespect to him at all Many of us have connections to the program, University and even high school coaches or recruits in some instances. I will not say i am a insider for obvious reasons. Perhaps he is. Maybe coach Babers told bnoro 26 minutes ago that "we will never look at Tuazama or any other DE on our roster at TE under any circumstances". If so he knows more about the subject with up to the minute information. I will also say its a possibility that we never see any current DE's playing TE in a game next year.
But I will say again, some student athletes listed at DE KNOW they will have a shot at TE. How that manifests itself is TBD. Could be a outright switch to that position, could be just some reps at that position for depth. Could be just a goal line package. But so we are clear, some players now listed at DE KNOW they have a shot at TE for Syracuse University next year!!!

I believe I understand. Thank you for elaborating on your position! I guess we will get a bit of a glimpse in the spring and more so in the summer, won't we?
LGO!

And what of after next year when DE is up for grabs and Tuazama now has to compete with Benson/Hackett? Like others said is TE that important that we would sacrifice DE rotation for it?

And what of after next year when DE is up for grabs and Tuazama now has to compete with Benson/Hackett? Like others said is TE that important that we would sacrifice DE rotation for it?
If that's the case, how would it be any different then Rex Culpepper from qb to te back to qb???
Here's a look at DE next year at the moment, this can chance with new additions or subtractions still to come
1 Robinson 2Coleman 3Kingsley 4Berry
5Black 6Okechukwu 7Pickard 8Richards also playing DE
DE Recruits signed 9Steve Linton, 10?Ish Goulbourne,11? Cooper Dawson 12? Tuazama13?
The last 3 have question marks because they might be looked at in different positions. The question becomes is the possible 10 11 or 12 DE more important than a possible starting, backup or 3 TE?

Also keep in mind in 2020 we will have the All Sun Belt DE transfer Jeffery Gunter. So would we be sacrificing depth???????????????????

If that's the case, how would it be any different then Rex Culpepper from qb to te back to qb???
Here's a look at DE next year at the moment, this can chance with new additions or subtractions still to come
1 Robinson 2Coleman 3Kingsley 4Berry
5Black 6Okechukwu 7Pickard 8Richards also playing DE
DE Recruits signed 9Steve Linton, 10?Ish Goulbourne,11? Cooper Dawson 12? Tuazama13?
The last 3 have question marks because they might be looked at in different positions. The question becomes is the possible 10 11 or 12 DE more important than a possible starting, backup or 3 TE?

Also keep in mind in 2020 we will have the All Sun Belt DE transfer Jeffery Gunter. So would we be sacrificing depth???????????????????
Good points, but I don’t think Rex was moved for lack of TE depth, rather an opportunity for a kid who has been recruited over, but is an upstanding member of the Ohana. I might think the same for Pickard, who was also a well regarded TE coming out of high school. I’d sooner believe he gets a shot to move. I agree that Tuazama has a better shot seeing the field as a TE his Freshman year, but only because of his lack of weight training with our staff, and I don’t think they would throw away his potential as well as risk injury to see him at TE if they intend to use him at DE

Good points, but I don’t think Rex was moved for lack of TE depth, rather an opportunity for a kid who has been recruited over, but is an upstanding member of the Ohana. I might think the same for Pickard, who was also a well regarded TE coming out of high school. I’d sooner believe he gets a shot to move. I agree that Tuazama has a better shot seeing the field as a TE his Freshman year, but only because of his lack of weight training with our staff, and I don’t think they would throw away his potential as well as risk injury to see him at TE if they intend to use him at DE
I agree with most of what you say. If you loo,,k at my posts please notice that i said "players listed at DE" its not just Tua. Again the DE's KNOW they have a shot. You can read between the canyon and use your discernment on what players have been informed. Again the players have to prove they are better than the current options. All in all should be a great opportunity for someone.

LET'S GO ORANGE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom