Any Joba news or is his career | Syracusefan.com

Any Joba news or is his career

CaliCuse

All American
over? If he isn't throwing with some velocity his retirement may be forth coming. Its not like spring training is that far off in time About 4 full months I think I don't believe he pitches this coming season. It's sad really.

He had Tommy John surgery in late June. I think its an 11 month or longer recovery. Seems like it would be too soon to be hearing much of anything. I doubt he'll be ready for Spring Training, but oftentimes guys come back stronger than before. I wouldn't be surprised if more or all of next season is a lost season for him.

Joba Chamberlain (elbow) will make 75 throws from 45 feet Friday and will then progress to 60 feet on Monday.
The goal is to get him stretched out to about 180 feet. Chamberlain is reportedly a few weeks ahead of schedule in his recovery from Tommy John surgery and is hoping to be back to 100 percent by mid-April.

Joba Chamberlain (elbow) will make 75 throws from 45 feet Friday and will then progress to 60 feet on Monday.
The goal is to get him stretched out to about 180 feet. Chamberlain is reportedly a few weeks ahead of schedule in his recovery from Tommy John surgery and is hoping to be back to 100 percent by mid-April.
Yeah I hope the young guy can resume his career. The Yankees had good intentions with the Joba rules but it probably did more harm then good.

Never like to see a pitcher get injured but the irony is hilarious.

Plus I'd love for him to get back as soon as possible so the Sox can continue to pound on him while drinking beer and eating fried chicken.

I can not imagine his career is over due to T.J. surgery. The surgery is so common now and so advanced in technique tha after a year or so most pitchers actually throw a little harder. It just takes time.

I do think that the injury just shows that no matter how much a team tries to protect a pitcher stree injuries occur. While the Joba rules got the most inkl other teams limit their pitchers and have no more or less success than other teams in preventing injuries. It may simply be genetic makeup and torque on the arm. Look how long a legendarily overused pitcher like Dice K pitched in Japan and the US before he needed surgery. By the same token how did guys like Cy Young amass the inning totals he threw over a career and avoid serious arm injuries. I think it boils down to luck.

I can not imagine his career is over due to T.J. surgery. The surgery is so common now and so advanced in technique tha after a year or so most pitchers actually throw a little harder. It just takes time.

I do think that the injury just shows that no matter how much a team tries to protect a pitcher stree injuries occur. While the Joba rules got the most inkl other teams limit their pitchers and have no more or less success than other teams in preventing injuries. It may simply be genetic makeup and torque on the arm. Look how long a legendarily overused pitcher like Dice K pitched in Japan and the US before he needed surgery. By the same token how did guys like Cy Young amass the inning totals he threw over a career and avoid serious arm injuries. I think it boils down to luck.
Yeah its kind of silly to say a pitchers career is over due to TJ surgery. There are several organizations that are actually targeting players that have had TJ surgery in free agency and rule 5 etc. type pickups.

Never like to see a pitcher get injured but the irony is hilarious.

Plus I'd love for him to get back as soon as possible so the Sox can continue to pound on him while drinking beer and eating fried chicken.
Actually, now that Tito is gone, word is that fried chicken no longer will be allowed in the dugout. They are still deciding about wings however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom