Any word how Grant's back is feeling after the | Syracusefan.com

Any word how Grant's back is feeling after the

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...cuses_win_over_florida_state_i_felt_good.html

Ice bags were packed on Grant's knees and secured to his lower back in the post-game Syracuse locker room. He said he "felt good" to be back on the court Sunday, to help his team return to the win column.

Grant will continue to get treatment on the back before and after every game and practice going forward. He doubts, he said, that his back "will be 100 percent better" until the 2013-14 season concludes. But he seemed confident that the soreness had subsided enough to allow him to play the rest of the way.

He's around 21 years old and he already needs to wrap his knees in ice?
That's not good at all.

He's around 21 years old and he already needs to wrap his knees in ice?
That's not good at all.
Ennis wraps his post-game as well. Who knows, it might just be a precautionary thing.

Once Grant plays his back will loosen up and feel ok (plus adrenaline taking over). As long as he doesn't wake up or go to bed very sore, he should be ok.

I know icing your knees happens with some guys...it just kind of adds to an image of Grant that he really needs to do something to get stronger.
He's been snakebit during his time at SU so I don't think it's fair or accurate to say he's fragile.
He is really wiry though. And the NBA is a long, grinding season.

I agree. What the heck does icing the knees mean?

I think that a lot of athletes do that as a precaution these days... something along the lines of regular icing helps prevent longterm damage to the knees from wear and tear, and common swelling without icing is part of that wear and tear...

Hope he's icing the subdural hematoma.

kingtidge said:
I think that a lot of athletes do that as a precaution these days... something along the lines of regular icing helps prevent longterm damage to the knees from wear and tear, and common swelling without icing is part of that wear and tear...
Absolutely just like pitchers

During the FSU game, I was struck on how many times Grant hit the floor. I forgot daylight savings time so my recording only got the 2nd half. when I re-watched it, there were at least 3 times he went down. I'm sure I remember at least 1 or 2 more in the first half. If his back took that beating then he should be alright.

SBU72 said:
During the FSU game, I was struck on how many times Grant hit the floor. I forgot daylight savings time so my recording only got the 2nd half. when I re-watched it, there were at least 3 times he went down. I'm sure I remember at least 1 or 2 more in the first half. If his back took that beating then he should be alright.

Cuse drinking game: do a shot every time grant ends up on the floor. You'll be on the floor by halftime.

I did notice at the game on sunday that he was out for an extended period of time at the end of the first half....I thought it was bad news but was elated when he came back out for the second

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom