Anybody watching the master Manning at work? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody watching the master Manning at work?

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Wow.

Wonder if the SU d coaches noticed how you close out a game. NOT with a 3 man rush.

I have him on my fantasy team, and he's delivering a hellacious whomping to my opponent right now.

Thing is...he hasn't hit his stride yet. He's still getting comfortable in Denver.

Man, I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's GREAT having a real qb again here in Denver!!! An epic MNF performance. First time in the history of the NFL a team has won by double digits, after being down 24 or more at half.

You guys give Peyton way too much credit tonight, and not enough credit to Norv. Norv could have set this up for virtually any QB in the NFL - even Fitzpatrick. He just usually isn't capable of getting his team ahead 24-0 though. This is what Norv does people!

Silly football fans.

I don't mind a 3 man front as long as an LB blitzes to make it 4. I despise the lose slowly 3 man rush.

Manning is a computer out there...he puts the input in during the week and spits out the info during the game.

You guys give Peyton way too much credit tonight, and not enough credit to Norv. Norv could have set this up for virtually any QB in the NFL - even Fitzpatrick. He just usually isn't capable of getting his team ahead 24-0. This is what Norv does people!

Silly football fans.
Went to sleep at the half feeling good for you as I figured you'd have a nice win and didn't think SD was capable of blowing that. Can't believe I was wrong and now I feel bad for you. Sorry man.

I almost posted something at halftime but didn't want to jinx it, guess it didn't matter.

Yea, #18 overcame Decker's trip and fall in the first half which was a sure TD otherwise. A few plays later he is hit with a pick 6 when a young receiver misses a signal on a pre-snap blitz read. Peyton said after the game that when something like that happens you begin to think that maybe it's not your night, but he kept plugging away and in the second half everything turned around for him and the Broncos. That's a great win for the Broncos who need to clean some things up.

Peyton: top 5 QB all-time. Eli (my prediction when he's done): top 12-15ish QB all-time.

Where does Phil Rivers finish up?

You guys give Peyton way too much credit tonight, and not enough credit to Norv. Norv could have set this up for virtually any QB in the NFL - even Fitzpatrick. He just usually isn't capable of getting his team ahead 24-0 though. This is what Norv does people!

Silly football fans.

So Norv was a great coach at 24-0?

No.

Peyton did what few could do.

He demonstrated why he is arguably the best ever to play the position.

They kept showing Rivers yucking it up on the side line during the first half. He wasn't laughing as he trotted off of the field.

So Norv was a great coach at 24-0?

No.

Peyton did what few could do.

He demonstrated why he is arguably the best ever to play the position.

No, Norv was still a horrible coach. However, Denver fumbled it away twice, then Decker fell down - it was a comedy of errors that put the Chargers up early. God was trying to bestow a victory on the worst coach in the history of the NFL - but he was having none of it!

He decided to have the turnover-prone Phil Rivers throw the ball around in the second half and basically have the defense sit back and get torched. It's what he does. He did it the week before as well - we just didn't have a as big of a lead to blow.

He's very good at giving games away, in fact it's his best skill. It's taken him a few years, but he finally got Rivers on board last year with the plan. Now Rivers throws really soft lob passes around the field whenever we have a lead so that the defenders have a better chance at catching them. It's interesting to watch.

Where does Phil Rivers finish up?

Maybe 25-30ish. He'll finish high stats-wise but he needs to do something in the playoffs to get respect.

Wow.

Wonder if the SU d coaches noticed how you close out a game. NOT with a 3 man rush.

Dislike. I have D Thomas on my fantasy team. My opponent last night had McGahee. Manning killed my chances when he stopped throwing to Thomas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom