Anybody we can't play with? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody we can't play with?

Lucid

Last One Picked
Now that we seem to be gelling, as mentioned in another thread, are there any teams that you feel we couldn't at least be competitive with and have a chance to beat? Any particularly bad matchup problems?

Now that we seem to be gelling, as mentioned in another thread, are there any teams that you feel we couldn't at least be competitive with and have a chance to beat? Any particularly bad matchup problems?
Nope, the field is wide open. It's there for the taking.

We've seen it on the road twice against Ohio State and Duke, and last night was another example -- when we shoot the ball well from three, we can beat anybody.

When we don't shoot the ball well, the offense becomes a frustrating grind.

UNC and UVA are usually bad matchups for us. I understand we've beaten UVA, but their team is legit again this season and I wouldn't be surprised if that is another game we barely crack 50. UNC size usually hurts us. They don't really have the same size up front as in recent years, but very well balanced offensively.

We can play with anybody. We can also lose to anybody. Not unusual in college basketball, especially this team.

I think we ll beat va tech in a shootout, always tough to score against uva, but we’re at home so you never know!!!

We can play with anybody. We can also lose to anybody. Not unusual in college basketball, especially this team.

Things change in college basketball. If this team has rounded into form now that they've shaken off injuries, the last two sentences might no longer apply.

I think the question can also be turned around. I think we can beat anyone. That said, I also think we can lose to anyone, especially teams that to quote Louisville's head coach "have a bunch of dogs". It is going to be an interesting ride.

Nope. Team is battle tested and plays better against tougher competition.

Remember we have another year of being able to beat anyone and upping our game vs better teams as everyone but Frankie should be back. (Yes we will drop some games to inferior squads on off nights.)

Nope. Team is battle tested and plays better against tougher competition.

Remember we have another year of being able to beat anyone and upping our game vs better teams as everyone but Frankie should be back. (Yes we will drop some games to inferior squads on off nights.)
Tyus will not be back

Im dreading the game at Pitt.

Tyus will not be back

Yeah if hes not on draft boards its way better to be out of sight out of mind in Europe making 50k a year than challening for national POY in front of 30k fans and on TV twice a week at Syracuse... good call I love it when our fans push our guys out the door. After last night Buddy seems to have NBA range why doesn't he leave as well plenty of upside and potential since hes only a FR...

Yeah if hes not on draft boards its way better to be out of sight out of mind in Europe making 50k a year than challening for national POY in front of 30k fans and on TV twice a week at Syracuse... good call I love it when our fans push our guys out the door. After last night Buddy seems to have NBA range why doesn't he leave as well plenty of upside and potential since hes only a FR...

Rationalize it from a fans perspective all you want. I am not pushing anyone out. Just telling it like it is. Sorry, didn't mean to get you all worked up.

You also might want to check out Euro salaries...as I dont think 50k is accurate.

Gonzaga would worry me. Not great guard play but they have experience and their bigs are a Handful. 6’8” 6’8” 6’10” and 6’11”. They shoot the 3 well, defend it even better and they don’t turn it over.

How much does that pay?

I think we are close, but I'll believe we can play with anyone in the country when we play teams like traditional UNC squads and their bigs don't destroy the zone like they have been known to do, and we play a team with fast, pesky guards who pressure all over the court.

Here's the thing, fan comments on a message board have zero impact on what a player does.

Tyus will not not back next season. Neither will Chukwu. I suspect there will be one more departure. It's what happens.

Tyus could 5th year transfer to Duke. He’d still get college basketball exposure and he’d make more money than he would in Europe. Tax free as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom