Anyone apathetic? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone apathetic?

The long threes that barely move the net are the amazing things for me. Hands in their faces, off the bounce, running full speed, it really doesn't matter.

Then again, I fancy myself a shooter, so seeing these guys do it with so much consistency is what amazes me.

Also just the passes and shots some of the big men make in the paint, like I said, I'm not trying to kill our guys, but it's like a miracle to me if Pascal catches a pass and cleanly finishes

Now that Chukwu has become a more consistent FT shooter, I am actually looking forward to his further development in the off season. Obviously needs to get a lot stronger and learn not to dribble when thrown the ball. He plays 7'2 on defense, now he needs to learn how to play it on offense.

JB should channel Lou Brown and say to Chukwu "Everytime you dribble in the post you owe me 15 pushups"

The long threes that barely move the net are the amazing things for me. Hands in their faces, off the bounce, running full speed, it really doesn't matter.

Then again, I fancy myself a shooter, so seeing these guys do it with so much consistency is what amazes me.

Andrew White was incredible last year with some of that stuff. Took many shots only the Klay/Steph/Kyrie types attempt and make. The sets were so bad but he was able to make some incredibly tough shots.

i find myself whipsawing between apathetic and apoplectic. bouncing around like a geiger counter on onondaga lake.

Last edited:
Reading this thread just shows college hoops is so inferior to college football.

Our brand of basketball is an awful product. The HC is trying to win games though and not trying to be aesthetically pleasing to watch.
I will say watched the UVA game and honestly knew what was going to happen and wasn’t frustrated.

Our product sucks. It has been for a while and college hoops in general the game has declined. Watching NBA games you see the decline of the college game.
I love Syracuse hoops but man have we been brutal to watch.

Go watch the 6 OT game and a game from 2 years ago.
The 09 team was a way better watch.

If Carey isn’t a true PG it’s going to be difficult next year as well.
Wow I was going thru my old posts and found this one.

Now that Chukwu has become a more consistent FT shooter, I am actually looking forward to his further development in the off season. Obviously needs to get a lot stronger and learn not to dribble when thrown the ball. He plays 7'2 on defense, now he needs to learn how to play it on offense.

Not sure how this thread got pulled back to existence, but clearly we haven't seen what many had hoped for out of PC. In fact, I'd argue he's worse this year, especially on defense.

Not sure how this thread got pulled back to existence, but clearly we haven't seen what many had hoped for out of PC. In fact, I'd argue he's worse this year, especially on defense.
you are either a bot or you have a virus that inserts an anti-paschal post into everything you write

you are either a bot or you have a virus that inserts an anti-paschal post into everything you write

Was I wrong? Noticed you didn't touch that part of my post.

It's a boring product

Boring?

Are you sure “boring” is the word you want to use?

When I’m watching warmups, I have next to no idea what’s going to happen in the game. So, there’s almost no predictability.

Do you find Battle taking over games, especially late, uninteresting?

Are almost surprise exceptional game by Marek or Buddy is boring?

How about near-desperate presses trying to come back out of deep holes?

Did we desperation press when we were getting rolled by top 20 FSU at home?

I mean I guess that would have been exciting.

Did we desperation press when we were getting rolled by top 20 FSU at home?

I mean I guess that would have been exciting.

Listen to JBs post game presser on that. He’ll explain it to you.

I’m sure he will.

JB fielded that question and explained why he didn’t think the press would have worked again that opponent in that game.

The guy goes to all that trouble to explain it, it’s posted on YouTube, and here you are, an opinionated fan, who hasn’t bothered to listen to it?

JB fielded that question and explained why he didn’t think the press would have worked again that opponent in that game.

The guy goes to all that trouble to explain it, it’s posted on YouTube, and here you are, an opinionated fan, who hasn’t bothered to listen to it?

Yep. I find them boring.

Boring?

Are you sure “boring” is the word you want to use?

When I’m watching warmups, I have next to no idea what’s going to happen in the game. So, there’s almost no predictability.

Do you find Battle taking over games, especially late, uninteresting?

Are almost surprise exceptional game by Marek or Buddy is boring?

How about near-desperate presses trying to come back out of deep holes?
I find pounding the ball and/or passing it around the perimeter until there are 7 seconds left to be boring basketball.
No press, little running, little energy. Play like the middle of FSU and I will watch with enthusiasm.

I've been involved since 1973 and I won't give up. This is my team. I still watch and support but my mood rises with personalities and individual games. The Duke game had me elated, VaTech was embarrassing. I'm sick of the mediocre shooting guard who gets 8 threes against us. I'm also pi$$ed that we're tied for 3rd in the conference and we don't get past 28th in a poll when identical Louisville gets 15th. Somebody hates my coach.

I find pounding the ball and/or passing it around the perimeter until there are 7 seconds left to be boring basketball.
No press, little running, little energy. Play like the middle of FSU and I will watch with enthusiasm.[/QUOTE

So you are an NBA aficionado who has somehow wandered into this backwater of a college team built on the zone defense?

As a kid, my first favorite basketball players were Sherman Douglas, Billy Owens, and Magic Johnson. I like great passing.

I’m struggling to think of the good passers we’ve had in recent years, let alone the great ones. Those rare fast breaks that we actually run where we don’t score, or only score because Tyus is really athletic and good at scoring with a guy all over him are a hard watch for a guy who grew up on Sherman and Magic running the break.

As a kid, my first favorite basketball players were Sherman Douglas, Billy Owens, and Magic Johnson. I like great passing.

I’m struggling to think of the good passers we’ve had in recent years, let alone the great ones. Those rare fast breaks that we actually run where we don’t score, or only score because Tyus is really athletic and good at scoring with a guy all over him are a hard watch for a guy who grew up on Sherman and Magic running the break.
andy had the vision but not always the accuracy

andy had the vision but not always the accuracy

Yes! I feel like Andy threw a lot of balls into the stands his first 3 years. He was pretty good his senior year. I enjoyed watching him and that team. Amazingly, that was almost a decade ago though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom