Anyone hear this new stadium rumor | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone hear this new stadium rumor

If the county wants it the city better get on board, the tax deal that they cut to give the city more tax revenue can be changed at the next deal. Also the talks they are having between the county, and city for the county to pick up Data Processing of various departments can be cancelled. Its not a good idea to get on the county executive's bad side, when they are in talks with you to help save you money.

If the county wants it the city better get on board, the tax deal that they cut to give the city more tax revenue can be changed at the next deal. Also the talks they are having between the county, and city for the county to pick up Data Processing of various departments can be cancelled. Its not a good idea to get on the county executive's bad side, when they are in talks with you to help save you money.

even from a PR standpoint you have to think she would smarten up and soon. she looks like an egomaniac. with higher career aspirations i don't think she can afford for this to blow up in her face. she sent her message now let's cut the stuff and get it done.

Cuomo probably told her that the city would get X amount of dollars in extra state aid and she was not happy with his answer.

I doubt a project like that and S.U. being a major tenant the stadium would be taxed full rate. I knew right from the start when her name was not in the first story to come to print and COR development was mentioned that this project would not fly from the start. Might a little later, but she's playing the game and also owns the ball.

Oh the irony. Miner didn't like something the governor was doing so she took her problem to the press to get it resolved.

Now the governor didn't like her stopping his and the county's plan so they give it to the media to handle.

And she's upset because she's getting blindsided the same way she blindsided the governor. LOL.

And this is why we can't have nice things ...

She really doesn't want to get in a fight with the county, that would not end well for the city. It would be to her best advantage, to say something like, I misunderstood some of the original details, and I'm on board. They can work out all the details later on.

How much did Yankee stadium cost to build? 900 mil just from the state is ridiculous.

How much did Yankee stadium cost to build? 900 mil just from the state is ridiculous.

It was 1.6 Billion. Actually, the city and state paid 800 million along with another 390 million for transportation whatever that means.

Mayor on the radio

She and the chancellor have had several discussions. She wants a traffic study, a map on where the parking is going to be, doesn't know who the private owner is, claims she doesn't know the developer.

She's putting the brakes on until she can get the feasibility study done. Her view of what she was briefed on is different than what Mahoney said she was briefed on.

Sounds like her main concern on the surface is the traffic and the parking.

asked what would get the deal done:

let's get the questions answered, the neighbors need to be heard from, Kennedy Square wasn't the first choice, if it benefits the city then she'll be on board.

If she's told that the city is off the hook for any costs and given a cut of the action for concessions, admissions would she agree to it? She's not for or against the stadium, just wants to know what the landscape would look like and how it would affect the neighborhood. Hedged on answering that question directly.

Should she take the money now that it's available? You have to rely on whether it's a good project or not, referenced the ball park. Doesn't want to rush and make the same mistake.

What are the benefits? Jobs in construction. Will it discourage further cash from the Gov? No she doesn't think that Cuomo would penalize the folks of the city.

Is the project DOA? No but if the conditions are that everyone has to be on board by Friday? Yes.

She said we need to think and talk about it before jumping in head first.

let's get the questions answered, the neighbors need to be heard from, Kennedy Square wasn't the first choice, if it benefits the city then she'll be on board.

If she's told that the city is off the hook for any costs and given a cut of the action for concessions, admissions would she agree to it? She's not for or against the stadium, just wants to know what the landscape would look like and how it would affect the neighborhood. Hedged on answering that question directly.

Should she take the money now that it's available? You have to rely on whether it's a good project or not, referenced the ball park. Doesn't want to rush and make the same mistake.

What are the benefits? Jobs in construction. Will it discourage further cash from the Gov? No she doesn't think that Cuomo would penalize the folks of the city.

Is the project DOA? No but if the conditions are that everyone has to be on board by Friday? Yes.

Translation: the project is dead.

Too bad.

Thanks for the recap. Sounds like she is self-imposing a deadline. She wants to be in charge, possibly at the city's, county's, and university's expense.

Thanks for the recap. Sounds like she is self-imposing a deadline. She wants to be in charge, possibly at the city's, county's, and university's expense.

She actually mentioned April as a possibility, that's how I heard it anyway. I can't remember the exact quote but went something like this: If we have to be on board by Friday? No. Now if we have until April then yes, depending on what transpires.

I actually liked that she said she and Syverud had been working together. That he doesn't know the history of us making bad decisions on where we place arenas.

Mayor on the radio

She and the chancellor have had several discussions. She wants a traffic study, a map on where the parking is going to be, doesn't know who the private owner is, claims she doesn't know the developer.

She's putting the brakes on until she can get the feasibility study done. Her view of what she was briefed on is different than what Mahoney said she was briefed on.

Sounds like her main concern on the surface is the traffic and the parking.

SU's not driving this. They might bring some money to the table, but their role will be as primary tenant. Why is she going through this guy.

All that stuff is implementation details. The issues she talks about are the very reason why that location isn't optimal, but if those are the strings attached to the state dollars, and it looks like dollars raised through bonds but cash, then those are the strings and you work around it.

Translation: the project is dead.

Too bad.

WOW, glad I am not in business with you. Pretty typical stuff, unless you live in Ithaca then you have to do a feasibility study to not disturb the athiests , homeless, and drug dealers. It's great.

This stuff is pretty typical and wouldn't be surprised if many of these answers are already available, many not all.

WOW, glad I am not in business with you. Pretty typical stuff, unless you live in Ithaca then you have to do a feasibility study to not disturb the athiests , homeless, and drug dealers. It's great.

This stuff is pretty typical and wouldn't be surprised if many of these answers are already available, many not all.

Just an opinion, IB. I've seen so many projects in Syracuse, Buffalo and other Upstate NY cities killed over the years by political incompetence that I don't expect much from the political class. I'll be happy if I am wrong but I have very little faith in Miner, Mahoney, Cuomo and their cronies.

Just an opinion, IB. I've seen so many projects in Syracuse, Buffalo and other Upstate NY cities killed over the years by political incompetence that I don't expect much from the political class. I'll be happy if I am wrong but I have very little faith in Miner, Mahoney, Cuomo and their cronies.

Completely understand your point of view.

It's a private university that paid 50k for the study, I don't blame them for not wanting to send that over.
they paid half of a $100,000 study.

here's a quote from the story

SU paid half of the $100,000 cost of the study, according to Ben Dublin, Mahoney's chief of staff. The other half was paid for by the Syracuse Convention and Visitors Bureau, an arm of the nonprofit CenterState CEO, the region's most influential business development group. Mahoney asked the Visitors Bureau to provide the $50,000, Dublin said.

The Visitors Bureau receives the bulk of its funding -- $1.65 million this year, according to county budget documents - from Onondaga County. The money comes from the county's hotel surcharge, called the room occupancy tax.

It's still tax money....Funny how the gov't always finds ways to skirt the FOIL requests

It's a private university that paid 50k for the study, I don't blame them for not wanting to send that over.
try putting up a shed in your yard without the city knowing everything about it