Anyone know if Hackett will follow Marrone to Buffalo? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone know if Hackett will follow Marrone to Buffalo?

Czar

All Conference
Used to be QC coach there, does anyone think Marrone will try and take him to be QB coach there?

Not if we offer him the head job...

As a side note, I would hope Marrone would have enough respect toward his alma mater not to pilfer the entier coaching staff.

I think thats a good question, does Doug take any assistants and how many? I think Henderson is probably a good bet to go as well.

As a side note, I would hope Marrone would have enough respect toward his alma mater not to pilfer the entier coaching staff.

I'm all for keeping him, but making a rash decision and making him head coach to keep him and, by extension, keep one recruit is foolish.

I'm all for keeping him, but making a rash decision and making him head coach to keep him and, by extension, keep one recruit is foolish.

Agreed. I wasn't saying to make the decision based on recruiting. I just think there is a non-zero chance he is our next head coach.

Agreed. I wasn't saying to make the decision based on recruiting. I just think there is a non-zero chance he is our next head coach.

I agree on non-zero. I mean, I'd be hopeful he's good, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Though maybe the executive nature of HC is more up his alley. Who knows.

If he isn't offered the HC job here then I think he's gone. Why wouldn't he be. NFL assistants make about 10X what a college assistant would make at Syracuse

I think thats a good question, does Doug take any assistants and how many? I think Henderson is probably a good bet to go as well.

Most college coaches who jump take about half their staff, maybe a little less. Look at Miami last year they hired Philbin. Philbin's first hire was recently fired Tex AM coach Mike Sherman as offensive coordinator. Once Sherman signed on he brought a bunch of Tex AM coaches with him to Miami. And Sherman wasn't even the head coach in Miami and he got those guys jobs.

I think guys like Hackett, Wheatly, and such are gone.

I'm reading alot of stuff about Shafer going with Marrone as DC and Marrone bringing in the Saints OC Carmichael.

I'm reading alot of stuff about Shafer going with Marrone as DC and Marrone bringing in the Saints OC Carmichael.
He can't bring in Carmichael. It's a "lateral move" which is against NFL rules

If he brings in Shafer he is already digging his own grave in Buffalo

How many did Mac take to NE? 2-4 I believe and he loved SU as well.

He can't bring in Carmichael. It's a "lateral move" which is against NFL rules

If he brings in Shafer he is already digging his own grave in Buffalo
Ugh, ok. Hopefully the implication is that he will bring in some NO guys. Marrone apparantly has a ton of NFL connections. He seems like he can put together a good staff without raiding Syracuse.

Ugh, ok. Hopefully the implication is that he will bring in some NO guys. Marrone apparantly has a ton of NFL connections. He seems like he can put together a good staff without raiding Syracuse.
He probably can. But will he want too.

He's gonna take a bunch of guys off the SU staff. I mean its just a matter of how many

IMO, Hack follows Marrone.

I agree, most suited to the NFL than Shafer. As Stern essentially said already, I don't think Shafer is NFL material and would be a bust as DC for the Bills.

Used to be QC coach there, does anyone think Marrone will try and take him to be QB coach there?

Why is it a given that Marrone will have the unlimited authority to hire his staff at Buffalo? And if he did, how smart is it to have a first time HC in the NFL bring in coordinators that have ZERO NFL experience?

He probably can. But will he want too.

He's gonna take a bunch of guys off the SU staff. I mean its just a matter of how many

I highly doubt that this will be the case. IF he has the authority to make the hires, we will tap into his NFL connections and surround himself with guys with NFL coaching experience. He probably has had a list for years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom