Anyone know if Mintz will actually be the starting pg? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone know if Mintz will actually be the starting pg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so sure it’s like that….but being told not to shoot them at all - I can see where that wouldn’t be the best situation for a guard. Especially when he’s not even bad from out there….33% at Syracuse and 35% at SH on double the attempts.

Anyways, I’m thrilled at the prospect of potentially having two guards in the game at the same time that can sometimes prevent opposing guards from penetrating at will. Should help a bit with Jesse’s foul trouble, if our guards can do a better job up there. Mintz’s offensive talent will get the headlines but his defensive potential is equally or more important IMO.
Great point about Mintz's impact on D. Mintz and Symir playing together - not sure how much of that we will see unless we go small - could significantly increase defensive efficiency.

Great point about Mintz's impact on D. Mintz and Symir playing together - not sure how much of that we will see unless we go small - could significantly increase defensive efficiency.
I strongly suspect that every minute Girard is on the bench we will see Torrence and Mintz together, so around 4-8 minutes a game.

People around here have once again been hoping for a three guard lineup. I strongly suspect this will not happen.

However, if it turns out that Torrence is not only better than Mintz, but more effective than most of our forwards, perhaps JB's hand will be forced into playing the three guards in a press or man to man situation.

I think this could also happen if it turns out Copeland is better than Taylor, Bunch and/or Williams.

I also think Kennedy might have been shot seven times by the same magic bullet, so this three guards theory has that going for it.
The comedy potential this season is just so high.

We got fans saying JB, in his 6,000th year coaching, is going to chuck recent history out the window and play more than 7 or 8 guys, play a three guard lineup, and go to man defense.

I for one can't wait.

There is a zero percent chance JB let’s Judah play as free as he does as seen on some of these highlight tapes. I pray he doesn’t, but he hates the mistakes these young guys make trying to “do too much”. But I hope he really Just lets this kid play. He’s a star
He lets guys like that play.

The comedy potential this season is just so high.

We got fans saying JB, in his 6,000th year coaching, is going to chuck recent history out the window and play more than 7 or 8 guys, play a three guard lineup, and go to man defense.

I for one can't wait.

If all that happens better start planning an apocalypse shelter for the commune.

Symir playing at the 3 will happen if Benny doesn't improve and none of the freshmen are better than him.

Not exactly something to root for.

Symir playing at the 3 will happen if Benny doesn't improve and none of the freshmen are better than him.

Not exactly something to root for.
so... who plays the 4 then in your scenario? Ajok? Whether he improved or not, and whether it's a 2 or 3 guard lineup, Benny will be playing alot.

so... who plays the 4 then in your scenario? Ajok? Whether he improved or not, and whether it's a 2 or 3 guard lineup, Benny will be playing alot.

I think what happens at the 3 and 4 are very TBD. Typically our fans and this forum would be pencilling in Bunch, Brown, Taylor, and I guess Copeland into each of their roles but none of us really know what we'll get from each. Or if Williams will improve his FR year was pretty brutal. If Benny hasn't improved and only 2/4 of those guys are ready to play as true freshmen I think that means Symir plays the 3.

JBA and Carey are battling to be Edwards backup. Hes going to pick up fouls teams will attack him every possession.

I think what happens at the 3 and 4 are very TBD. Typically our fans and this forum would be pencilling in Bunch, Brown, Taylor, and I guess Copeland into each of their roles but none of us really know what we'll get from each. Or if Williams will improve his FR year was pretty brutal. If Benny hasn't improved and only 2/4 of those guys are ready to play as true freshmen I think that means Symir plays the 3.

JBA and Carey are battling to be Edwards backup. Hes going to pick up fouls teams will attack him every possession.
What about the7’ transfer he is clearly that backup 5

Again. Regardless of configuration or number of guards that play, Benny is the top forward on this roster. For better or worse he'll log big minutes barring injury or fouls.

Might wanna check the roster before posting. Hima will suit up behind Jesse.

All quitter team:
Gillon
Gbinije
White
Wes
Blackwell

No?

Cmon.
Those guys did quit on their previous team for whatever reason. If you were a part of a team and you chose to leave, you quit.

KR gave up on the plan JB had for him. We don’t know all of the factors that went into his decision, but I think we can say with certainty that he and JB didn’t see eye to eye on his development. He chose to leave, so he quit. He wasn’t forced out.

Those guys did quit on their previous team for whatever reason. If you were a part of a team and you chose to leave, you quit.

KR gave up on the plan JB had for him. We don’t know all of the factors that went into his decision, but I think we can say with certainty that he and JB didn’t see eye to eye on his development. He chose to leave, so he quit. He wasn’t forced out.
Disagree.

They played the entire season, and then moved on to what they thought was a better opportunity.

Did Carmelo quit?

These takes are completely ridiculous IMO.

So you call a bunch if guys who came here and became part of the fabric quitters? Just absurd especially when you dive into the situations of each.

I mean at this level of over simplification every time someone changes companies they are a quitter. Or what about changing majors? Guess I'm a quitter too..

So you call a bunch if guys who came here and became part of the fabric quitters? Just absurd especially when you dive into the situations of each.

I mean at this level of over simplification every time someone changes companies they are a quitter. Or what about changing majors? Guess I'm a quitter too..
Eh, by definition they quit on their previous situations. I did not make a judgement on whether it was a good decision or not. As a Syracuse fan, I’m glad those guys came here.

Yeah, if you read “quitter” as pejorative than it seems harsh. But sometimes you make a mistake and need to quit something to make that u-turn.

In the case of KR, he chose a different path and he has a right to it. He quit on the vision the staff here had of the team with him on it. Does that make him a quitter or a player with agency? Both! Part of the deal.

Disagree.

They played the entire season, and then moved on to what they thought was a better opportunity.

Did Carmelo quit?

These takes are completely ridiculous IMO.
Sure. Carmelo quit college basketball to play professionally. To take certain steps, the first is to intentionally end the thing you were a part of.

Most of the fans thought quitting college basketball was the right move, me included. He still quit Syracuse basketball, with JB’s blessing.

This isn’t that hard of a concept. If you get a better job offer, you usually give your employer your 2 weeks notice? They may or may not understand the move - but you’ve quit your current job.

Eh, by definition they quit on their previous situations. I did not make a judgement on whether it was a good decision or not. As a Syracuse fan, I’m glad those guys came here.

Yeah, if you read “quitter” as pejorative than it seems harsh. But sometimes you make a mistake and need to quit something to make that u-turn.

In the case of KR, he chose a different path and he has a right to it. He quit on the vision the staff here had of the team with him on it. Does that make him a quitter or a player with agency? Both! Part of the deal.

So we won't align clearly but I highly disagree with overlapping quit with mistake here. If you are using quit in the sense of purely a pause then I get it.

Also, moving on from one situation to another is often a mutually driven scenario even if it's not 50/50. Thus an agreement for both parties in a relationship to part ways seems the wrong time to choose quitting as the appropriate vernacular and the term is generally accepted as coming with a negative stigma anyways.

Sure. Carmelo quit college basketball to play professionally. To take certain steps, the first is to intentionally end the thing you were a part of.

Most of the fans thought quitting college basketball was the right move, me included. He still quit Syracuse basketball, with JB’s blessing.

This isn’t that hard of a concept. If you get a better job offer, you usually give your employer your 2 weeks notice? They may or may not understand the move - but you’ve quit your current job.

A job? Jobs are indefinite. They don’t have a start and a finish with an offseason.

In sports when we say someone quit, I’d reckon that 100% of the time we assume we’re talking about leaving the team before the season is over. Once the year is over, things start new and you can go to school or play wherever you want.

Sorry, this is absurd and seemed merely a way to take an unnecessary shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom