AP / Coaches Polls for Oct 27 | Syracusefan.com

AP / Coaches Polls for Oct 27

These SEC teams lose and don’t drop. Mizzou stinks this year. Why are they ranked?
2 weeks ago they were trying to tell us Mizzou was a Final 12 team, then they get curb stomped by every upper level SEC team they meet. But who are you going to put in? Vandy? Mizzou beat them, not by much and at home, but still. Memphis perhaps.

Some losers get votes like Louisville, UNLV and Duke. Coach poll is a joke.
Agree...

Honestly, It literally all about the $$$$... Nothing up north has $$$ to influence akak Refs/Coaches/AP/Press in general, and all about the network time and dollar signs...

Your only as hot as much as you win and it doesn't matter who you win against' or loose against really if your not the SEC.

Beat VT. I would be shocked if we aren’t in the 20-25 range in the first CFP rankings.
I doubt it. Even if that happens, I bet it all about some other dang aspect. VT wasn't even on the field for ranking before... PITT just was an excuse for them all.

If Alabama was named Syracuse they wouldn’t be ranked. Sure they beat Georgia, but loss at the time to unranked Vandy who has 3 losses, and then Tennessee who couldn’t move the ball. Escaped S. Carolina by 2 points and have looked bad outside of Georgia. Alumni are up in arms over Millroe and Debor.

SEC teams are over rated this season . They aren’t as good as years past. They don’t have as much separation as years past.

I think this ties into rankings overall. I don’t think there should be any preseason rankings. With the changes to the playoffs i think it would be a good time to wait until after week 4 for rankings to drop purely off resume, not who writers, or coaches think have the best team based on recruiting, or prior year rankings. I would be good if the previous years final rankings would carry over to the next season, otherwise having a preseason ranking gives an already built in advantage to the blue bloods. Look no further than FSU, Michigan, USC, and Oklahoma this season. Right now Pitt’s overall resume is better than Penn St. They’re “big” win at WVU and USC don’t like good right now at all. They basically haven’t beat anyone yet sit at number 3 while Indiana, Pitt, and even BYU have a better resume. If Penn St looses at Ohio St they won’t drop, but if Pitt or Indiana have a slip up they’ll drop and will be beat out for a playoff spot despite having a better overall resume (Assuming none make the conference championship). I think this will force schools to schedule tougher games to make their resume look better, which should be scrutinized by a committee like college basketball.

Current Sagarin. ACC teams on our schedule have been moving up. However, our best OOC is #42. That Stanford loss hurts, worst P4 team currently. Our SOS thus far is 70th.

We are now 11th in the ACC, but not far from being top half of the conference (8th). We fell behind but are still close to bing the Top in NY State. Getting ahead of the Top FCS is still in play. Being 5th in the ACC (25% teams above and 75% below) is probably out of reach, as is getting 2nd in the Northeast or finishing ahead of the 2nd best G5 team.

1. Georgia #1
2. Ohio State highest B18
3. Oregon highest undefeated and 2nd highest B18
4. Texas 2nd highest SEC
6. Notre Dame highest non SEC/B18
9. Penn State highest Northeastern
10. Miami highest ACC, 2nd highest non SEC/B18, best on our schedule
13. K State highest B12
14. Clemson 2nd highest ACC
15. Iowa State 2nd highest B12
18. SMU 3rd ACC
19. Boise State highest G5 and best MWC
25. VA Tech 4th ACC and 2nd best on our schedule
26. Pitt 2nd best Northeast, 5th ACC, and lowest undefeated
28. Louisville 6th ACC
36. Cal 7th ACC
38. Tulane best AAC and 2nd best G5
42. UNLV 2nd best MWC, 3rd best G5, best OOC we play
43. West Virginia
45. South Dakota State highest FCS
47. North Dakota State 2nd highest FCS
55. GA Tech 8th ACC
56. Army best in NY State, 2nd best AAC, 4th best G5
59. UNC 9th ACC
60. Duke 10th ACC
61. Cuse 2nd best in NY State and 11th in ACC
63. FSU 12th ACC
67. Maryland
68. BC 13th ACC
69. Navy
72. Rutgers worst Northeastern P4
74. NC State 14th ACC
79. UVA 15th ACC
83. Marshall
88. Wake 16th ACC
96. UConn
99. Ohio worst FBS on our schedule
103. Purdue 2nd worst P4
104. Stanford worst P4, worst ACC, worst P4 we play
131. Delaware
142. Buffalo worst in NY State
153. Temple
168. Holy Cross worst on our schedule
186. UMass worst Northeast
213. Kent State worst FBS
263. Mississippi Valley State worst team

Honest question, Is there a computer rankings system that uses an algorithm that relies solely on results and nothing in regards to preseason perception? After week 5 or 6 I'd like to see that type of poll. there is enough crossover of opponents at that point to be more accurate. Someone has to do that right?

I wonder if Emily voted for them.
These SEC teams lose and don’t drop. Mizzou stinks this year. Why are they ranked?
I don't get it either. I watched that game this weekend and it was pathetic. If teams are beaten that is ranked that must mean they were comparative to other ranked teams right? You would think SU would be ranked or at least over some of these others that keep showing up on the list. I think they just throw numbers at a dart board and there all good at throwing a bullseyes or call it one wherever it lands.

GbAG-a4XcAAydI9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom