Are coach Marrone's and hack's emails posted yet? | Syracusefan.com

Are coach Marrone's and hack's emails posted yet?

Eh, let it go. Let them chase their dream. As much as it sucks, they did not sign lifetime contracts to coach here. Same with shafer, if he has success, he'll be gone in a few years as well. He can say want he wants about coaching, but if the NFL come a-calling my sense is that he'll answer the call.

what im more concerned with is has DM filled his staff yet ? Which spots are still open?

I know. I was half joking :)

Eh, let it go. Let them chase their dream. As much as it sucks, they did not sign lifetime contracts to coach here. Same with shafer, if he has success, he'll be gone in a few years as well. He can say want he wants about coaching, but if the NFL come a-calling my sense is that he'll answer the call.

For those who never met Marrone, you wouldn't be talking about him like this if you knew him. He is a great guy and has moved on and took his protege with him. Sucks for us, but he is a good guy, did good things for this program and I have no doubt he will excel in the NFL as well.

He didn't tell us he's a good guy. He told us this was his dream job and he'd prepared his whole life to give back to the program that gave so much to him. He told he'd win championships.

For those who never met Marrone, you wouldn't be talking about him like this if you knew him. He is a great guy and has moved on and took his protege with him. Sucks for us, but he is a good guy, did good things for this program and I have no doubt he will excel in the NFL as well.

He didn't tell us he's a good guy. He told us this was his dream job and he'd prepared his whole life to give back to the program that gave so much to him. He told he'd win championships.

Not the point of my post. Talking about him as a person.

Also, I'd say he more than gave back to this program.

Dude. You'll never convince me. Greg Schiano is no more snake oil salesman than Doug Marrone. Plain and simple. And I just don't like snake oil salesmen. No matter how much you tell me they are a great guy.

Dude. You'll never convince me. Greg Schiano is no more snake oil salesman than Doug Marrone. Plain and simple. And I just don't like snake oil salesmen. No matter how much you tell me they are a great guy.

You should respect him based on what he did in 4 years. Get the over it man.

I have such mixed feelings about him at this point. I did have the opportunity to meet and speak with him for a while and came away very impressed. However, I have a bit of trouble reconciling the things we talked about with the way he left SU. He left us much better than how he found us, but he also caused some damage on the way out the door. Maybe he had few options in crafting a more elegant exit, but it stings and I think there are more defections to come. I really am optimistic for the program under Shafer, but think he's going to be in damage control mode that was at least partially un-necessary. For a man with a plan, his exit was hurried and sloppy. In the end, our succession plan is overlate when it seems Gross and Marrone were both aware that Doug was ready to move on.

You should respect him based on what he did in 4 years. Get the **** over it man.

Some people are different than others. When someone says "dream job," they take it is as oath, and I don't blame them. We've become a society of unloyal ••••s.

For a man with a plan, his exit was hurried and sloppy.
I don't believe that to be the case. He seems to have exited very smoothly.

Now, the wake from that exit leads me to believe that along the way he's done some things other people hadn't been anticipating.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't believe that to be the case. He seems to have exited very smoothly.

Now, the wake from that exit leads me to believe that along the way he's done some things other people hadn't been anticipating.

Do you think it was intentionally played that way?

I think people would have less problem if he didn't leave so fast after professing that he basically owed his life (little exaggeration) to SU. He then takes the OC at the last moment that was so crucial to SU maintaining momentum right after sending an email to the players that stated he would do anything to help SU return to being a powerhouse.
He might end up undoing everything he did.

Do you think it was intentionally played that way?
Nope. Not at all.

I think Doug did what he thought was best for him after some other things didn't pan out.

I think people would have less problem if he didn't leave so fast after professing that he basically owed his life (little exaggeration) to SU. He then takes the OC at the last moment that was so crucial to SU maintaining momentum right after sending an email to the players that stated he would do anything to help SU return to being a powerhouse.

4 years isn't leaving fast. There was no reason to think he wouldn't take the OC either, he brought him here from the same organization he was hired at. None of this stuff should be surprising to people.

I think I might send my first ever hate mail after this one :). Bastards
I know how you feel when I was 12 my girlfriend cheated on me and I wrote her a dooosey, but than I turned 13 and learned that sometimes things happen can we grow up, he took a promotion, apparently those in the top league of football actually think he is a good coach, unlike some on this board

Marrone slept with us then handcuffed us to the bed. He doesn't deserve any well wishes from the players, community, and school that he so coldly ditched.

Opportunities don't always come every year, sometimes an opportunity opens up quicker than you expect, and you have to take the chance

You should respect him based on what he did in 4 years. Get the **** over it man.
Been mostly away for a couple days, so I've had time to ponder. My official position is that if the foundation Marrone laid is bomb-proof, then we will indeed be fine. So... best wishes, and I hope he does exactly as well in the next 3 years as we do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom