Army Game... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Army Game...

Soft and timid performances from all, save Dordevic.

Desko had that all too familiar clueless look on his face from 2Q onwards.

orange got yer butts bivouwacked. guess sometimes it's good to be cable blind.

Because he realized they couldn’t handle his passes. So he adjusted down to their level. He shouldn’t do that. He should force them to reach his.
I agree in principle, but his passes were weak. If one is too fast, one is too slow, maybe split the difference? He had the ball, it is on him to get the ball to his team mate or make a play in some other manner. If his teammate drops a pass, he will be replaced. You are free to argue all you like, but the guy with the ball is responsible to get the ball to the next player.

I agree in principle, but his passes were weak. If one is too fast, one is too slow, maybe split the difference? He had the ball, it is on him to get the ball to his team mate or make a play in some other manner. If his teammate drops a pass, he will be replaced. You are free to argue all you like, but the guy with the ball is responsible to get the ball to the next player.

Whatever

Facts. It’s funny how everyone around here turns into Chicken Little at the first sign of trouble.
Team has serious issues regardless of it being the first game. It’s not a Final 4 team.

If we ran a basic high school motion offense that would be better than whatever it is we’re trying to do with all these iso dodges and guys standing around.

Felt like I was watching the Syracuse football offense and the Syracuse football defense whereby the defense just caves because of the offense ineptness. It was a 17 to 5 Army run. Do we realistically expect our defense to only give up four goals?

Facts. It’s funny how everyone around here turns into Chicken Little at the first sign of trouble.

A team with final four aspirations returning everyone from a top offense just got boat raced and gave up 18 goals to an Army team who has 2 elite offensive players total and who UVA handed easily the prior week. Anyone not overly concerned is whistling past the graveyard.

If we ran a basic high school motion offense that would be better than whatever it is we’re trying to do with all these iso dodges and guys standing around.

Felt like I was watching the Syracuse football offense and the Syracuse football defense whereby the defense just caves because of the offense ineptness. It was a 17 to 5 Army run. Do we realistically expect our defense to only give up four goals?
It was like watching the basketball offense.

hmmm. thought i made it rather clear i only followed the fourth via stats. you have an odd sense of deflecting this shiteshow somehow onto me. translation. i meant to say we got our *(&^&%^'s kicked>

18 goals to this army team and the attack unit being completely shut down again, were in MAJOR trouble. If you can't slow down or stop army on offense what the hell are we gonna do against UNC UVA Duke or even ND. This is a disaster

Yeah, for me, by far was the fact that Army, Army scored 18 goals, let alone the easy manner in which they did. Really, quite embarrassing IMO. 11 goals is probably enough to beat Army every day of the week and twice on Sunday’s, except for this disgraceful Sunday. Their MO is toughness & D, not explosive offense.

Carc can mention all he wants about the attack and see what happens next week with film and time to adjust just as Army did from their lackluster showing last week against UVA, etc. But, it’s the D, or lack thereof that appears to be of significant concern, at least after this pathetic opening performance. :(

A team with final four aspirations returning everyone from a top offense just got boat raced and gave up 18 goals to an Army team who has 2 elite offensive players total and who UVA handed easily the prior week. Anyone not overly concerned is whistling past the graveyard.

Good thing it’s still February

There is time for correction, Jeremy. Desko and the staff are going to have to earn their coin the next few weeks getting these guys straightened out. Not the start anyone wanted or expected but nobody has won or lost anything in February.

They’ve got their work cut out for them, that’s for certain.

agreed. I am hoping this is a wake up call, but there is no sugar coating the fact the SU was not ready for Army. There is no excuse for not being ready for Army, they will play hard, play 60 minutes and will capitalize on mistake. They never give up, even when down big at the end of the game.

Add to that we have 6 ACC games and few "easy" games. This is going to be a tough season even if we 'right this ship". I would not press the panic button yet, but this showing has sufficiently provided cause for concern.

Pick a unit or selected players.

D was awful.

Attack played in quicksand.

Curry and Trimboli were MIA.

Last 3 quarters was a complete nightmare - outscored 17-5. Hard to explain how a team implodes like that. Cuse' inability to execute on offense was critical as it gave Army more and more confidence. Embarrassing to be outshot by Army. Nowhere to go but up!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom