Army Game... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Army Game...

Looking at the rest of the schedule, this looks like a 7-5 team, possibly 8-4 if SU can steal one it’s not expected to win. We’d open the tourney on the road if that’s the case, probably a 9 or 10 seed. Long way to go. We shall see.

Tough opener. Only four goals in last 47 mins, stat line says only 12 to's but so many flubs that stifled flow. Fast start then Schupler plays well and made some big stops to threat any cuse roll . possessions weren't what we thought. . Army was 23-25 on clears which was big diff from uva game. army mids more athletic than credited and broke our press and transitioned more than cuse. Army wings also won scrums in 2h when Phaup wasnt wining clean n getting it upfield. cuse has athletic ssdm unit but were a step behind today, maybe tired legs from hard go in Man down d is poor, two easy catches and goals by nichtern camped at crease that porter couldn't do anything with but he didnt see ball well today . only six days to work on issues , uva certainly is a tough follow.

You never know...UVA will come in over-confident and our guys will be pissed and hungry for redemption!? I remember the Colgate loss - not as bad as this but it was a huge wake-up call.

uva put up 15 agaisnt a good Loyola d in cold weather , Moore had 5 himself , need to brace , next week is not going to be a low scoring game but not going to fret with another loss as chip teams have started out 0-2 ,

Seemed like Clary got the majority of the run on the wings, is Wykoff hurt?. I've been beating this drum for 3-4 seasons now but the wing play has to be better when Phaup isn't winning cleanly. Consistently feels like they're not coming up with those 50/50 balls.

Seemed like Clary got the majority of the run on the wings, is Wykoff hurt?. I've been beating this drum for 3-4 seasons now but the wing play has to be better when Phaup isn't winning cleanly. Consistently feels like they're not coming up with those 50/50 balls.

Wykoff is hurt. Not sure for how long.

Nice post, but disappointed there’s a fire Desko reference in there. We’ve heard it a million times and it’s not happening, especially after the first game of the season.
Not suggesting the admin should or would after this game or even if they under-perform this season. But a game like that will certainly bring the FD crowd out. Totally get that they had a short amount of time to prepare and we all knew this would be a challenging matchup. But it’s clear this team was not ready to go today.

Whelp now that the dust has settled a little bit I just feel depressed. A full year of built up hype, a bad year for many if not all of us outside of sports, and coming out like we did, it’s just sickening. Was looking forward to all the positivity after that 6-1 lead and now the entirety of lax forums and social media is just teeing off on us (as they should).

Wish like hell there was a full stadium of fans in the crowd so the players could really see and hear the anger and disappointment of the devoted fanbase, the most devoted in the sport. Once again getting that classic die hard SU fan feeling where I am questioning why I get so emotionally invested in college kids playing sports, but hey, it’s fun! It’s fun getting behind a team and proving haters wrong. It’s fun when everyone is fired up and firing on all cyliners. Heck I was having the time of my life in the first quarter!

If and when we get our act together this season it will be a heck of a good time for all of us. They have the talent to do it and now they have a fire lit. But desko, Rogers, March, you have solved the recruiting woes, you have turned things around from a low point in 2018, please begin to solve the mystery of how we have started the season looking completely pathetic for at least the last 5 years running. It sucks enduring this as a fan.

Whelp now that the dust has settled a little bit I just feel depressed. A full year of built up hype, a bad year for many if not all of us outside of sports, and coming out like we did, it’s just sickening. Was looking forward to all the positivity after that 6-1 lead and now the entirety of lax forums and social media is just teeing off on us (as they should).

Wish like hell there was a full stadium of fans in the crowd so the players could really see and hear the anger and disappointment of the devoted fanbase, the most devoted in the sport. Once again getting that classic die hard SU fan feeling where I am questioning why I get so emotionally invested in college kids playing sports, but hey, it’s fun! It’s fun getting behind a team and proving haters wrong. It’s fun when everyone is fired up and firing on all cyliners. Heck I was having the time of my life in the first quarter!

If and when we get our act together this season it will be a heck of a good time for all of us. They have the talent to do it and now they have a fire lit. But desko, Rogers, March, you have solved the recruiting woes, you have turned things around from a low point in 2018, please begin to solve the mystery of how we have started the season looking completely pathetic for at least the last 5 years running. It sucks enduring this as a fan.
i feel the same way, I am embarrassed about how upset I am still. Almost wish they didn’t start off with the 6-1 lead. I was going nuts and loving life.

Hot take, I know but I have also been thinking about wearing #22. It feels more like a curse than a reward or honor. Also, it makes me kind of sad when I think about how we haven’t won a title with a 22 since Dan Hardy? Scanlon is a shooter and not a iso player on his best day. I think of 22 and believe it should be a guy who creates his own offense or is able to put the team on his back. The number means so little to Syracuse lacrosse these days.

It was sloppy like a fall ball game, no one can blame these kids for having tunnel vision and reading their own press after waiting a year to play again! Championships aren’t spawned from winning out, maybe we look back on this game as what whipped us into shape for the rest of the year, it can be a catalyst.

Adjustments are needed and the coaches always do this well! This year of all years the best team at the start of the season will not win the championship. Who builds, improved and learns the most lessons will.

The LSM Wings aren’t aggressive enough, We haven’t decided or had enough time to evaluate who that 4th defender is.
We miss Kennedy in the middle of the field.
We need cook to be more of a threat offensively or he will have to move aside.
We should have attacked with a two man behind to get the middies open for step downs up top - from ball Movement especially in the second half.
Not enough production from the attack.
Sloppy turnovers and passes on offence, it looked rushed and unsettled.
We didn’t get the opportunity to run today or get any momentum.
Drake had a bad day.
SSDM’s did a good job but Def slid for no reason creating offence for Army.
Chase had a bad day but he’ll be back.
We still have the best Middie line in the country.
The dome isn’t the same without the fans!

it doesn’t have to be pretty this year just get to .500 make the playoffs and be in your best form in May! This year will have more twists and turns for all teams and many problems will come out of the blue.

Back to work.

Last edited:
It was sloppy like a fall ball game, no one can blame these kids for having tunnel vision and reading their own press after waiting a year to play again! Championships aren’t spawned from winning out, maybe we look back on this game as what whipped us into shape for the rest of the year, it can be a catalyst.

Adjustments are needed and the coaches always do this well! This year of all years the best team at the start of the season will not win the championship. Who builds, improved and learns the most lessons will.

The LSM Wings aren’t aggressive enough, We haven’t decided or had enough time to evaluate who that 4th defender is.
We should have attacked with a two man behind to get the middies open for step downs up top - from ball Movement especially in the second half.
Drake had a bad day.

it doesn’t have to be pretty this year just get to .500 make the playoffs and be in your best form in May! This year will have more twists and turns for all teams and many problems will come out of the blue.

Back to work.
Woody! Welcome back... good to hear from you again.

Drake had a bad day.

Back to work.

Hello, stranger. How are things across the pond?

No. Hopkins is terrible. We just played terrible. That's an important distinction (with a difference). Get the crap out of the system now.

Hop knew this was a rebuilding year most of there fans think yesterday went OK

Flying See Ya GIF by Arrow Video

If losing today helps us come May (sounds weird, but is definitely possible) then it’s all good. Army is crafty and resilient. We come out better next week. I feel very confident about that.

Hop knew this was a rebuilding year most of there fans think yesterday went OK

That's fair, if that's how you are looking at it. I just didn't see anything today that caused me to think our team isn't capable of beating anyone on any given day. They just looked really rusty. They were poor on ground ball recoveries, sloppy passing, poor shooting, etc. If they look this way come March, then I'll be concerned.

You never know...UVA will come in over-confident and our guys will be pissed and hungry for redemption!? I remember the Colgate loss - not as bad as this but it was a huge wake-up call.
Not if Lars has anything to do with it.

Drake had a bad day.

Back to work.
Hi Woody , Welcome back, you were missed . Agree with almost all pts though thought dm's had off day, dont think press scheme but maybe gassed from too much too soon. Maybe a week day off would help. Give Hiltz heavy minutes somewhere. When goalie is clearly off , switch when backup is a good one as they did in ND a few years back to jumpstart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom