at wake, at clemson | Syracusefan.com

at wake, at clemson

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Gonna have to at least split these 2 games, or possibly win them both. Got zero confidence we’re beating unc or uva.

If we just beat wake and finish 10-8 in acc are we in? I think that’s how it’s gonna shake out.

As many others have mentioned previously, the field is EXTREMELY weak this year. We are comfortable with room for error. Now if we lose every game then no we won’t get in, but if we get 10 league wins we’re in IMHO. Louisville was the big win we needed.

What if bubble teams start winning and upsets happen in tourneys? We win one more game before selection sunday no one should feel safe.

There would have to be at least a half dozen conference tourney upsets before we have to start sweating

Of course we need two more wins - be it one of the last four and and an ACC tourney game - right now we are in the tournament with the chance of getting bumped out - our chances are good - we can and should be able to get two more wins

What if bubble teams start winning and upsets happen in tourneys? We win one more game before selection sunday no one should feel safe.

Have you watched college basketball this season outside of SU? Legitimately one of the worst fields the game has seen in a long time. Oklahoma who is 5-10 in conference play is projected as a 10 seed. SU would have to lose every game left and they still could get in. That's how bad college is thos year.

I also would like to win two more games down the stretch to feel comfortable on Selection Sunday, because I just don't trust the committee and I'm a risk-averse person by nature. I apologize for the extremely controversial post.

Gonna have to at least split these 2 games, or possibly win them both. Got zero confidence we’re beating unc or uva.

If we just beat wake and finish 10-8 in acc are we in? I think that’s how it’s gonna shake out.

Are we in? Without question, IMO. Some very good wins. A handful of the losses were without Frank, which matters now. And the bubble doesn't really exist this year.

Think some posters are looking for controversy where it doesn’t exist. The sky isn’t falling and won’t fall unless we lose out. Even then, we still have a much stronger resume’ than at least 10 teams behind us.

Think some posters are looking for controversy where it doesn’t exist. The sky isn’t falling and won’t fall unless we lose out. Even then, we still have a much stronger resume’ than at least 10 teams behind us.

Brian got a lot of heat for saying he wanted to win two more games. You're saying the "sky will fall" if win zero more games. So does that mean that winning one more game is the only scenario wedged between "looking for controversy" and "the sky falling?" Man that's a razor thin margin of subjectivity.

Brian got a lot of heat for saying he wanted to win two more games. You're saying the "sky will fall" if win zero more games. So does that mean that winning one more game is the only scenario wedged between "looking for controversy" and "the sky falling?" Man that's a razor thin margin of subjectivity.

He didn’t get heat from me. Just trying to think reasonably based on the info jncuse has provided and have a conversation. But yes we’re solidly in right now and I for one will not be worried on selection Sunday with one more win. But that’s just me, Go Orange .

As many others have mentioned previously, the field is EXTREMELY weak this year. We are comfortable with room for error. Now if we lose every game then no we won’t get in, but if we get 10 league wins we’re in IMHO. Louisville was the big win we needed.

Spot on.

I also would like to win two more games down the stretch to feel comfortable on Selection Sunday, because I just don't trust the committee and I'm a risk-averse person by nature. I apologize for the extremely controversial post.

Seriously.

Beat Wake, lose first round ACCT and we're just in without worry? okay.

It's science. Apparently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom