at wake, at clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

at wake, at clemson

Every year is different and what it takes to make the tournament is relative to that specific year. Some years the teams competing for bids are stronger than other years and this year happens to be weaker than any other.

Brian got a lot of heat for saying he wanted to win two more games. You're saying the "sky will fall" if win zero more games. So does that mean that winning one more game is the only scenario wedged between "looking for controversy" and "the sky falling?" Man that's a razor thin margin of subjectivity.

His schtick in the game threads in both football and basketball have become old.

And most posters her assumed we were going to lose to Louisville and at Duke so I don’t know why many of those same posters assume we will lose to UNC and Virginia.

His schtick in the game threads in both football and basketball have become old.

And most posters her assumed we were going to lose to Louisville and at Duke so I don’t know why many of those same posters assume we will lose to UNC and Virginia.

A schtick implies hes trolling or trying to cause trouble. I've personally never gotten that vibe from him. He's just on the "worry-wart/cautious" end of the fan spectrum.

A schtick implies hes trolling or trying to cause trouble. I've personally never gotten that vibe from him. He's just on the "worry-wart/cautious" end of the fan spectrum.

Can’t fault him for that. We all balance each other out on the spectrum somehow.

Have you watched college basketball this season outside of SU? Legitimately one of the worst fields the game has seen in a long time. Oklahoma who is 5-10 in conference play is projected as a 10 seed. SU would have to lose every game left and they still could get in. That's how bad college is thos year.
Of course I have, things can change in a blink though.

Brian got a lot of heat for saying he wanted to win two more games. You're saying the "sky will fall" if win zero more games. So does that mean that winning one more game is the only scenario wedged between "looking for controversy" and "the sky falling?" Man that's a razor thin margin of subjectivity.
Two more wins and its lock city, I don't think its unreasonable to think one more win and things could get shaky, we have a terrible ooc resume, bubble teams could start to win, and you just never know what the selection committee is thinking. We win one more game and its against Wake, I'm telling you its going to be a nervous few days till the selection show.

Two more wins and its lock city, I don't think its unreasonable to think one more win and things could get shaky, we have a terrible ooc resume, bubble teams could start to win, and you just never know what the selection committee is thinking. We win one more game and its against Wake, I'm telling you its going to be a nervous few days till the selection show.

SHUT UP BRIAN I HATE YOU SO MUCH

We are an 8 seed on the bracket matrix as of today. Win 3 or 4 games including the ACC tournament we will definitely move up.

Prepare for an ugly beat down by UNC. We do not match up with them or their style at all. Will kill us on the glass and get a lot of transition easy points. But that's no biggie if we take care of business at Wake and Clemson -- though Clemson is tough at home. We would have to play a near perfect game to beat UVA. It would be far better for us to drop down to a #10 seed and get off the 8/9 line which is a terrible draw and a quick trip home by a #1 seed if we survive a toss up first game (and we will not beat any of the #1 seeds). The #2 seeds are not as good and we have a chance against them.

We are best bubble team since
1551044644858.jpeg

We are an 8 seed on the bracket matrix as of today. Win 3 or 4 games including the ACC tournament we will definitely move up.
How many posters will think this wasn’t sarcasm?

Prepare for an ugly beat down by UNC. We do not match up with them or their style at all. Will kill us on the glass and get a lot of transition easy points. But that's no biggie if we take care of business at Wake and Clemson -- though Clemson is tough at home. We would have to play a near perfect game to beat UVA. It would be far better for us to drop down to a #10 seed and get off the 8/9 line which is a terrible draw and a quick trip home by a #1 seed if we survive a toss up first game (and we will not beat any of the #1 seeds). The #2 seeds are not as good and we have a chance against them.
I'm with you on Unc, I don't think we have to play the perfect game to beat uva. they don't have the offensive talent that unc and duke has, if we play like we did against lville we have a shot.

95 pct of our fanbase won't you are aware of Syracuse's bubble history right?
Our history has no bearing on THIS season. We’re not a bubble team. That only changes if we lose to Wake.

I’d love to be matched up with Sparty or Michigan in the 2nd round. Izzo and Beilein both have historically struggled game planning against the zone.

Our history has no bearing on THIS season. We’re not a bubble team. That only changes if we lose to Wake.
Our history has a bearing on how we feel about our tournament chances. Win one more game and it will be a tension convention around here.

Our history has a bearing on how we feel about our tournament chances. Win one more game and it will be a tension convention around here.
To reiterate, speak for yourself.

To reiterate, speak for yourself.
I hope to God this doesn't happen, but we win one more game you will see about 80 pct of our fanbase feeling the same way leading up to selection sunday.

I agree that we need 2 more wins including the first round game in the ACC tournament to feel somewhat secure on Selections Sunday. If we go 1-4 with the win over WF, we finish 19-13 with not many quality wins. Not a great resume. Yes, it is not a stellar year for college basketball but I don't feel safe at 19-13. 20-12 sounds much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom