Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

I like the idea of giving the position a new name. Make it more appealing. Submit your ideas and we will take to Twitter and force the name change. I vote for RIP back
simple:

The Mo Back, as in momentum

I like the idea of giving the position a new name. Make it more appealing. Submit your ideas and we will take to Twitter and force the name change. I vote for RIP back
Lightning Back

Last edited:
Flash Back

Because you know, there's a comic book character called the Flash who's really fast. Almost as fast as a monorail.

Cough-back? Coughlin was the H-back in what is probably the greatest backfield in our history, (with Little and Csonka).
Versa-back, scoot-back, juice-back??? I'm just spit balling here.

I'll spin off your RIP Back idea and suggest we call that spot "The Reaper".

Heluva back?:noidea:
upload_2015-7-14_7-16-14.jpeg

I kinda like express back or shorten it to x-back though reaper back has its upside. Vote for the favorite and we will see if we can make it happen

I kinda like express back or shorten it to x-back though reaper back has its upside. Vote for the favorite and we will see if we can make it happen

I like X Back or just Ernie.

Could also go with something themed with the Ft Drum experience... Scud back, soldier back, bomb back, gunner back, etc.

Judging by the 11 to 3 likes we will go with express back shortened to x- back. We will see if we can get it to catch on

The x man

Edit: why was my avatar changed?

I like X Back or just Ernie.

Could also go with something themed with the Ft Drum experience... Scud back, soldier back, bomb back, gunner back, etc.
Isn't "X" one of the common designations for a WR, along with "Y" and "Z"? Source of confusion? I'd go with some title that doesn't collide with existing terminology.

Just call them all Ernie. Ernie Neal, Ernie Philips...

Isn't "X" one of the common designations for a WR, along with "Y" and "Z"? Source of confusion? I'd go with some title that doesn't collide with existing terminology.
Yes, it is one of the typical WR positions. Then again, "HB" is typically "halfback" but we've been using it for hybrid.

No, but it certainly doesn't hurt our cause. Aapri will make his own decision, but having Robert and Moe (and potentially flipping Colon) would certainly give us a huge leg up.
You're obviously plugged in with the recruitment of the whole NC group. Do you really think a Colon flip is realistic? Seemed like he was PSU all the way.

You're obviously plugged in with the recruitment of the whole NC group. Do you really think a Colon flip is realistic? Seemed like he was PSU all the way.
Realistic? No, not really. But it's possible. I would move from "possible" to "realistic" if we offered Will Eason, but that does not appear to be a possibility at this point.

Realistic? No, not really. But it's possible. I would move from "possible" to "realistic" if we offered Will Eason, but that does not appear to be a possibility at this point.

I'm afraid that Eason has the same problem as CJ turner... short genes.

I'm afraid that Eason has the same problem as CJ turner... short genes.
Joe Morris was lucky if he was 5-7, but he had speed which helped translate into big plays. We need someone, who every time he touches the ball, is a step away from going the distance.