Class of 2019 - ATH Ormondell Dingle (MI) In portal from CMU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 ATH Ormondell Dingle (MI) In portal from CMU

If you believe in crystal balls, it looks the 24x7 people are leaning towards Pitt. I am rooting hard for Syracuse if only because I want to hear Mr Excitement try to say this most excellent name.
Looking at his twitter feed the only visit he has a picture of is at Pitt. I don't quite understand kids making a list of who offered them to choose from when they have never visited campus. Just announce your decision.

Hate to say it, but geeez, another G5. There is no shame as alot of mid level P5 schools deal with this. The MAC has talent, only thing that seperates them from P5 is depth. They can play bc if wins like this. There is a trend.

Hate to say it, but geeez, another G5. There is no shame as alot of mid level P5 schools deal with this. The MAC has talent, only thing that seperates them from P5 is depth. They can play bc if wins like this. There is a trend.

Ish, man, I really respect you as a poster. But Kent State, just to use a random example, had the 100th ranked recruiting class per the composite rankings and had 8 composite 3 star recruits. Ormondell wouldn't have been in their top 5 recruits last year. This is not a trend. We've just offered more people this year so it's more visible.

Ish, man, I really respect you as a poster. But Kent State, just to use a random example, had the 100th ranked recruiting class per the composite rankings and had 8 composite 3 star recruits. Ormondell wouldn't have been in their top 5 recruits last year. This is not a trend. We've just offered more people this year so it's more visible.

We offered more people with limited spots. We are supposed to be more picky. And you picked one of the worst teams in the MAC in Kent st. I am speaking of toledo, WMU, CMU, NIU, and such...

It's also possible the staff stopped recruiting this guy a while ago.

Ok, so we will assume that every daily loss to a G5 is bc we weren't intetsted anymore . That's convenient. Again, fellas , no shame in this, kids see the value of the G5 route.

We offered more people with limited spots. We are supposed to be more picky. And you picked one of the worst teams in the MAC in Kent st. I am speaking of toledo, WMU, CMU, NIU, and such...

I know, I picked Kent State on purpose because they're so terrible. Ormondell is not an amazing recruit and he wouldn't have even been their fifth best recruit. My guess is he was the 4th or 5th alternative for us at best. The point is, this isn't evidence of some flight to the G5.

Ok, so we will assume that every daily loss to a G5 is bc we weren't intetsted anymore . That's convenient. Again, fellas , no shame in this, kids see the value of the G5 route.

Ish, all G5s get multiple 3* recruits. There are over a thousand of them. Not every loss of a 3* recruit is proof of some sort of a G5 coup.

Maybe this kid just wanted to stay home and didn't get the bigger offers (Michigan, Michigan St.)

All this time and I thought the interest was in this kids name...

Hey...if you're not busy later, I have a horse that died...was just wondering if you 'd like to bring over a bat, and
rough him up a bit more.

You just gave yourself the answer here, and answers have been given before. If we offer more people and cast a wider net, we are obviously going to see kids going elsewhere because the number of spots available has not changed.
Not all offers are committable.
Things change.
Some kids want to stay home.
Some kids have girlfriends.

But you keep up with the sky is falling mantra.

Looking at his twitter feed the only visit he has a picture of is at Pitt. I don't quite understand kids making a list of who offered them to choose from when they have never visited campus. Just announce your decision.
An old friend of mine who follows Pitt recruiting closely, says Dingle lost his offer there a while ago.

I am wondering if the same thing happened to Dingle with Syracuse. Pitt projected him as a linebacker. We might have projected him as a linebacker or a safety and our recent commits in these areas might have taken the spot he was offered.

If you want to play at the P5 level, aren't an AA and don't take the offer when it is available, you risk getting stuck playing at a lower level. The early signing period just adds more urgency to the process for players with limited BCS interest.

Best of luck to Dingle at CMU. Love his name.

Do you know where he was projected to play ? Because I've seen him listed as a safety and we just got commitments from an elite safety prospect and a corner back, plus a JUCO safety just signed. That's not spin that's actually what happened.

Ish, not looking to pile on here. But we offer more than 100 prospects [and probably substantially more], with the expectation that we're going to bring in a class of 20 - 25.

That means that the vast majority of the kids we're involved with / names that get brought up, we won't be able to sign. More than 75% of them are going to end up elsewhere. That isn't a shortcoming of the staff, it is a function of numbers. Some of those losses will "hurt" more than others if we miss out on top prospects [for example], but others aren't that big of a deal and don't require a running commentary on how many guys are committing to other schools.

Dino and staff have an infamous "Big Board" where they rate prospects -- who knows where this kid was on that board? But I'm guessing that he was far down in relation to Nunn. Insert shoulder shrug here.

And I don't say that with any sour grapes, pollyanna tunnel vision, or orange goggles.

Of his top five, he had G5 offers amongst P5 offers. There's probably a reason he committed to CMU versus the P5 offers - the P5 offers were likely conditional and not currently committable.
When a P5 team puts out a hundred offers, they don't just take the first 20 who accept them.

Last edited:
Alas, another crimp has been lured by th' siren shanty o' th' G5. We be doomed! Th' P5 be bleedin' a slow 'n unsightly death, one crimp at a time.

Here 's a crazy thought...and just hear me out...
Maybe being close to home was important, and the kid, being from Michigan, chose the only school from Michigan that offered.

Here 's a crazy thought...and just hear me out...
Maybe being close to home was important, and the kid, being from Michigan, chose the only school from Michigan that offered.
I think the bumpin' truck-bed stomping tailgate scene and endless supply of chips were big factors that are being overlooked as well.

G5's up. P5 Hizzos down.

I know you are grinding the heck out of your axe right now, but you have to understand there is a pecking order to these offers that go out.

Once we got Nunn, we moved on. Much like Alabama probably moved on from Nunn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom