Class of 2019 - ATH Ormondell Dingle (MI) In portal from CMU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 ATH Ormondell Dingle (MI) In portal from CMU

Ish, not looking to pile on here. But we offer more than 100 prospects [and probably substantially more], with the expectation that we're going to bring in a class of 20 - 25.

That means that the vast majority of the kids we're involved with / names that get brought up, we won't be able to sign. More than 75% of them are going to end up elsewhere. That isn't a shortcoming of the staff, it is a function of numbers. Some of those losses will "hurt" more than others if we miss out on top prospects [for example], but others aren't that big of a deal and don't require a running commentary on how many guys are committing to other schools.

Dino and staff have an infamous "Big Board" where they rate prospects -- who knows where this kid was on that board? But I'm guessing that he was far down in relation to Nunn. Insert shoulder shrug here.

And I don't say that with any sour grapes, pollyanna tunnel vision, or orange goggles.

Great post and ty for mapping it out. I do understand that recruiting is fluid. Staffs offer early for sentimental value and then some kids blow up and staffs might decrease their value. Its a rough endeavour for both parties. I 100% understand that some of these G5 commits fell out of favor and committed closer to home at a G5 to be safe and securea spot. That said, some of these kids do choose a G5 over us and alot of other P5 schools that DO indeed value and want them.

Funny, when we talk about the difference between college and pro jobs; the energy and time and resources devoted to recruiting on the college level is a game changer. The same game changer in the opposite direction that free agency, big contracts, and star attitude that has made the pro life not appealing.

Great post and ty for mapping it out. I do understand that recruiting is fluid. Staffs offer early for sentimental value and then some kids blow up and staffs might decrease their value. Its a rough endeavour for both parties. I 100% understand that some of these G5 commits fell out of favor and committed closer to home at a G5 to be safe and securea spot. That said, some of these kids do choose a G5 over us and alot of other P5 schools that DO indeed value and want them.

Funny, when we talk about the difference between college and pro jobs; the energy and time and resources devoted to recruiting on the college level is a game changer. The same game changer in the opposite direction that free agency, big contracts, and star attitude that has made the pro life not appealing.
We haven't lost a single kid we wanted to a G5 team this year.

Sure, a kid occasionally choses a G5 school over a P5. It happens for whatever reasons. I cant recall many situations where a kid that we wanted legitimately chose a G5 over us. Im sure it has happened but not often enough to be concerned. What I can recall is how many times I'm told about kids trying to commit on the spot to their first P5 offer. We hold kids off for so long that they have no choice but to commit to another school.

I think the bumpin' truck-bed stomping tailgate scene and endless supply of chips were big factors that are being overlooked as well.

G5's up. P5 Hizzos down.
That was so funny to watch. Some student drove up a decently new pickup truck. He and his buddies set up the music...the sorority girls show up. Next thing there were literally 25 coeds jumping up and down on the truck bed in beat with the Music while drinking beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom