Awaiting John Wildhack's Decision | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Awaiting John Wildhack's Decision

Not that he deserves it, but I think Wildhack gives Dino one more game... More as a courtesy to the Yankee organization for the next "home game on the road".

Canning Dino on Monday and putting a caretaker in charge would be a middle finger to the Yankees and a bad move for ticket sales.

I am on record as never wanting to play in that stadium again, but I concede as a business move, you wait until after this upcoming game to avoid burning bridges with the Yankees.
I have no problem with anyone giving the middle finger to the Yankees

Last edited:
Pitt is worse than BC. So if we win that then you have to wait until after Wake (who we could also beat) to get to 7 Ls. By then you have lost some STHs for next year. You have people who think same old SU, and take a wait and see approach before giving money to the program or NIL. You lose some diehards who say it just isn't worth it anymore. They had no choice but to fire Dino, it wasn't done because SU actually cares. The message that SU is sending is pushing fans away.
We are worse than Pitt, and Wake, and GT & it's unlikely we'll beat those teams. Pitt has had our number for years, Wake is simply better w/ a learning but up-and-coming young QB, and GT has hung w/ the big Boyz in the conference all year.
I've long stopped judging other teams' standing when we are the worst team in the ACC right now.
It won't really matter when he gets fired, but they'll likely wait until the inevitable losing skid is done.

PS- the fans have already checked out, imo. All that's left is rhetoric & window dressing.

(2/3) This feels like one Dino had to have. And I don’t know how much of all this is on him or who they could get as an alternative. But I don’t think anyone can win at Syracuse without a marked change in investment/NIL/assistant salary pool, etc.

(3/3) Prob no major program was impacted more by COVID than Syracuse, which upended all of 2020-21. There’s no money there. Dino’s done a really good job of finding talent but without a better NIL infrastructure you can’t keep it. It’s just a mess.

(2/3) This feels like one Dino had to have. And I don’t know how much of all this is on him or who they could get as an alternative. But I don’t think anyone can win at Syracuse without a marked change in investment/NIL/assistant salary pool, etc.

(3/3) Prob no major program was impacted more by COVID than Syracuse, which upended all of 2020-21. There’s no money there. Dino’s done a really good job of finding talent but without a better NIL infrastructure you can’t keep it. It’s just a mess.
Then it’s time to downgrade the program. Either literally or figuratively. I’m 100% serious. If we can’t compete then stop the charade and save everyone the aggravation.

Easy for you to say, you're not the one who risks getting raked over the coals for firing a black coach because private syracuse with no fans expects so much more than average bowl games
Wildhack has a lot to gain by waiting. He can anger people with big woke megaphones or he can anger ottoscrotum69
Puhleeze.
Enough with the quasi-political BS surrounding this decision.
Fact is, at the very least he should wait because no matter how unlikely, there's still a mathematical chance to get to a bowl. If Dino accomplishes that, then JW will have a tougher call, but that's what he gets paid for, no?
Seriously, its not that hard. SMDH

Last edited:
Well I would respectively disagree. The search candidates are controlled by whomever you hire to do the search. Why would you not want the widest net possible?

We just don’t agree or see it the same way and that’s fine. I just think, everyone knows what’s happening at SU with the coaching staff. I think most people are surprised he’s made it this far keeping his job. Finding candidates are all done through back channels especially this time of year. You’re not going to find any additional candidates announcing the search on ESPN. Everyone knows he’s gone at this point. IMO

Oh please. We can't fire a coach with his record after eight years? Just nothing there.
I want them to fire him. I'm just telling you babies that wildhack has a good reason to wait a couple weeks

What is that website that has college football coaching openings and rumors?

We can start a new “Pitt - home game at Yankee stadium” thread where everyone is happy the home game was moved there.
Earning some of that sweet sweet buyout money.

Then it’s time to downgrade the program. Either literally or figuratively. I’m 100% serious. If we can’t compete then stop the charade and save everyone the aggravation.
Honestly, everyone's talking about Syracuse being left behind when the ACC folds, I'm at the point where I welcome it.

Syracuse is never going to compete at the level of the schools who are forming these super conferences. I understand that the quality of the program might suffer but being a punching bag on a weekly basis is getting very old.

I hope when the dust settles with realignment, Syracuse ends up in a conference with old rivals, where they have a chance to win more than 4-5 games a year.

Maybe I'll regret this stance in a decade or so but the product that's been on the field since joining the ACC has been subpar at best.

Honestly, everyone's talking about Syracuse being left behind when the ACC folds, I'm at the point where I welcome it.

Syracuse is never going to compete at the level of the schools who are forming these super conferences. I understand that the quality of the program might suffer but being a punching bag on a weekly basis is getting very old.

I hope when the dust settles with realignment, Syracuse ends up in a conference with old rivals, where they have a chance to win more than 4-5 games a year.

Maybe I'll regret this stance in a decade or so but the product that's been on the field since joining the ACC has been subpar at best.

Like Colgate.

Not that he deserves it, but I think Wildhack gives Dino one more game... More as a courtesy to the Yankee organization for the next "home game on the road".

Canning Dino on Monday and putting a caretaker in charge would be a middle finger to the Yankees and a bad move for ticket sales.

I am on record as never wanting to play in that stadium again, but I concede as a business move, you wait until after this upcoming game to avoid burning bridges with the Yankees.
What about burning bridges with the alumni, fanbase, current players and recruits? This is a disaster.

I want them to fire him. I'm just telling you babies that wildhack has a good reason to wait a couple weeks
If we were to accept your premise, it's exactly the opposite. If somehow we become bowl eligible with Dino, it would look much worse to fire him at that point. If we get bowl eligible with Rocky, it is even more obvious the correct decision was made.

If we were to accept your premise, it's exactly the opposite. If somehow we become bowl eligible with Dino, it would look much worse to fire him at that point. If we get bowl eligible with Rocky, it is even more obvious the correct decision was made.
star trek spock GIF

He’ll wait because he’s that’s what most every AD has done and would do.

I think you’re reaching on the whole racial component. SU is so irrelevant that no one cares at all, let alone what the “politics” of it might look like.

Su is one of the most progressive university in the country. The color of your skin should not come into play.

These two sentences are a logical fallacy.

If SU is one of the most progressive universities in the country then skin color absolutely matters to them in this decision.

How much is anyone’s guess but it absolutely plays a role in a progressive institution.