Awaiting John Wildhack's Decision | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Awaiting John Wildhack's Decision

1699108588644.jpeg

What about burning bridges with the alumni, fanbase, current players and recruits? This is a disaster.
Everyone interested in this garbage is 50+ and has been through this a hundred times

I'm done
I
Am
Dunnnnn

DONE

IM SO DONE IM OVERDONE

Done der Mifflin

Crocodile Done Dee

That is it I'm done!

then next year comes and we sit around watching more garbage

He’ll wait because he’s that’s what most every AD has done and would do.

I think you’re reaching on the whole racial component. SU is so irrelevant that no one cares at all, let alone what the “politics” of it might look like.
Newhouse dorks would jump all over this to show show their independence and woke bonafides in one shot

1. Wildhack is smart & knows what he is doing. Those calling for him, shush.

2. Going to “X” to call for people’s jobs etc is sort of ridic. Wouldn’t say 90% of what you type to any of their faces.

3. Can’t lose last night at home. Simple as that.

4. From being a player, in this program (thankful no “X” then), when all you hear is negativity from the “outside, it subconsciously gets to the “inside” and it just builds.

5. Yes fans want it fixed, but the players want it more trust me on that.

6. Coach P looked good! coach

7. I’m not saying that things don’t need to be done or change, but the constant negativity bitching from fans/media etc just flat out doesn’t help. Positivity is the only thing that “outsiders” can do. The XsOs and play is from within.

Last: loved playing for the Orange and in the Dome and representing 315. Made my life the great life I have now. Just take a deep breath and realize they are trying way harder than you will ever imagine if you haven’t done it. Go Orange

Not that he deserves it, but I think Wildhack gives Dino one more game... More as a courtesy to the Yankee organization for the next "home game on the road".

Canning Dino on Monday and putting a caretaker in charge would be a middle finger to the Yankees and a bad move for ticket sales.

I am on record as never wanting to play in that stadium again, but I concede as a business move, you wait until after this upcoming game to avoid burning bridges with the Yankees.
I get what you’re saying but I don’t think keeping Dino one more week would help with tickets, if anything I think a interim coaching change might boost it a bit.

All I know is I won’t be watching next Saturday. Partly because I committed already to doing some stuff with my mom and sister that I didn’t realize lined up with the game (holiday shop stuff at the fairgrounds), but mostly because there is little reason to change those existing plans. Very very rare for me.

View attachment 232953Dino is very nervous and upset about this entire situation. This is him last night after the game.

Dino was not happy when he went into the field and congratulated the other coaches. This one guy who he stood and talked to for a bit was obviously someone he knew well. At the very end of the convo the guy must have said something funny, probably not related to the game at all, and it must have been funny. Big deal.

Dino was not happy when he went into the field and congratulated the other coaches. This one guy who he stood and talked to for a bit was obviously someone he knew well. At the very end of the convo the guy must have said something funny, probably not related to the game at all, and it must have been funny. Big deal.

Perhaps, but there's that 'ol perception is reality deal. And, what most saw, was a failure of a coach at the highest level laughing it up immediately after another disgraceful loss on national tv. And, a picture paints a thousand words...

Well he didn’t seem upset about the bogus DPI call on the sideline, or during the post game. I can go on.

Cuse are very lucky to lose that game. Otherwise, we probably make a bowl and the current coach is back.

If we fire before we are out of a bowl game it gives Dino just about 100% chance to sue the school for wrongful termination
It depends. We know about the bowl thing, because JW has mentioned that publicly. What we don’t know is what other metrics have been conveyed to Dino. The bowl might merely be one of many and his performance vs the rest could add up to “a preponderance of suckitude”.

Not sure what JW will do, as I’m still waiting for him to unretire #44.

I’m sure he will get to that any time now…..

It depends. We know about the bowl thing, because JW has mentioned that publicly. What we don’t know is what other metrics have been conveyed to Dino. The bowl might merely be one of many and his performance vs the rest could add up to “a preponderance of suckitude”.

Not sure what JW will do, as I’m still waiting for him to unretire #44.

I’m sure he will get to that any time now…..
Good points, didn't think about what other metrics might be out there

No way you can fire him before we take L number 7
Wildhack had painted himself into a neat little corner by saving the goal is the bowl game
So then would fire him at 6-7?