B12 expansion | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

B12 expansion

Just think about basketball!

UConn, Rutgers, Temple, UCF, USF, Boise, SDSU, Navy, Memphis, Louisville, Cincinnati, SMU, Houston, Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Iowa State, TCU, WVU, St. John's, DePaul, Marquette, Villanova, Georgetown, Providence, Notre Dame, Seton Hall
I want to see the BET schedule for that conference. IMO, it would have to start in February.

I'm stunned that people don't see how Texas is benefitting from the grant of rights. The GOR makes it damn near impossible for teams to leave on their own. onesies or twosies. As if they leave they leave their media rights behind to Texas or whomever is left...but if Texas decided it wanted to leave, it would cause the conference to immediately implode...and therefore, Texas wouldn't have to fork over the rights to anyone. In addition, it provides MOTIVE for Texas to blow up the conference if it ever decides to leave.

There is no bulletproof plan to keep the kingpins within a conference, they have money and wield power. I have no idea how this is going to shake out, but I still see a huge battle down the road between the ACC and the Big 12.

I'm stunned that people don't see how Texas is benefitting from the grant of rights. The GOR makes it damn near impossible for teams to leave on their own. onesies or twosies. As if they leave they leave their media rights behind to Texas or whomever is left...but if Texas decided it wanted to leave, it would cause the conference to immediately implode...and therefore, Texas wouldn't have to fork over the rights to anyone. In addition, it provides MOTIVE for Texas to blow up the conference if it ever decides to leave.
Let's say Texas goes to the PAC12. What's stopping the PAC12 from stipulating that the media rights to conference games are the sole possession of the PAC12 conference and not its individual entities? Big12 gets Texas tier1/2 games that are not Pac12 conference games, but since Texas doesn't hold media rights to Pac12 games they're off the table. Pac12 contract includes tier 3, so that's a a discussion in itself but content is still out of Big12's grasp.

Texas will never go to PAC. They never wanted it. That was an OU/OSU plan that UT never signed onto. They will stay put or go independent. And right now they're doing everything they can in the playoff negotiations to block independents from being able to make the playoff so that ND will be forced to join a conf.

B12 has a study in hand that says Louisville and Cincy (among some others) would decrease the per school pay out and do not have the number of TV sets necessary to be beneficial to anyone on the tier 3 side. Go look at their boards and you will see them lashing out because they now know they are not going to B12. They will end up in the mix of whatever is left over by BE & ACC. B1G could have them if they wanted, but that won't happen.

In answer to the original question about what ACC teams: FSU, Clemson, GT, either VT or Maryland, and either Duke or NCSU. Louisville is an extreme outlier that would probably fall behind Boise or BYU (who will probably going to PAC eventually).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom