B12 - WVU HaHa | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

B12 - WVU HaHa

the bevo is making this all so much worse by not just freely admiting that theyre going to be at 12 by '13, '14 at the worst.

i think we all can see that the only team not in the status quo for '12 is aTm. but damn, that '13 will just be fruckin torture unless the bevo plays its last card and says, with or without mizzou...we will be at 12 for 2013.

it will fill up the remaining dance cards pretty quickly.

Could you imagine that?

B12 takes WVU, LVille and Cinci and stops at 12.
ACC takes UConn and Rutgers for 16

...and ND is left in the cold.

(It'll never happen, but its a fun thought)

The first part I like, the 2nd part won't happen, and the 3rd part really wont happen. Adding UConn and RU does nothing for the ACC and theyd be better at 14. Adding one in addition to gives you 16 total and ND, and friggin everyone wants Notre Dame. At the same time, no conference with a shot at the golden boys will fill up all their spots before ND settles somewhere.

Let's not laugh about this, because one thing is for certain, we WANT at least one more team to leave, and personally I think WVU leaving hurts the Big East football prospects more than Louisville leaving. Not sure why the hoops schools would say that Louisville leaving would be the deal breaker that would make them break away, but we definitely WANT this to happen as soon as possible.

The Big East must go down in flames for us to get to the ACC quicker, and kill any talk of keeping us in the Big East for essentially three more seasons (that's what June 2014 will be). That would be HELL.

Matt I'm pretty sure Lville is a deal breaker for hoops because from their perspective, the only football schools worth playing in their opinion are Syr, Pitt, UCONN and LVille. they don't care about WVU...it doesn't help them.

I wonder if this doesn't force Texas's hand and the Big 12 goes to 12 instead of ten...and end up taking both along with Cincy.

Yep. ACC won't take Uconn AND Rutgers. No sense in expanding for the sake of getting to 16. Let ND ask to join (nicely) for ALL sports and then MAYBE offer a spot to one of the other.

Kind of like that scene from The Dark Knight where the Joker has the 2 guys fight to the death for the right to join his crew.

I wonder if this doesn't force Texas's hand and the Big 12 goes to 12 instead of ten...and end up taking both along with Cincy.

OU is pushing this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's what we all should want.

Most of the B12 wants to go to 12. Texas is pushing to stay at 10. If it goes to 12 it will probably be WVU, LVille and then either Cincy or BYU. At least that's where most of the scuttlebutt has been.

It never ends.
Wonder what could be going on here. What can Louisville tell them that they don't already know, after they have done their expansion due diligence? I wonder if they might be bargaining, offering to take a lesser share for a while in exchange for getting in.

Will never happen. ND won't be left out. They would have to get to 5x16 before ND could be considered "out".
agree. ultimately ACC will take ND and UConn, Rutgers to the Big 10. Cincy, UL, WVU, USF would go to big 12 along with Houston and SMU.

Most of the B12 wants to go to 12. Texas is pushing to stay at 10. If it goes to 12 it will probably be WVU, LVille and then either Cincy or BYU. At least that's where most of the scuttlebutt has been.
Bees - is the reason TX does not want to go to 12 is so that it doesn't have to win another game (Big 12 Champ game) in order to get to the NC game, or is it because it doesn't want two other mouths to feed, or something else?

Wonder what could be going on here. What can Louisville tell them that they don't already know, after they have done their expansion due diligence? I wonder if they might be bargaining, offering to take a lesser share for a while in exchange for getting in.
Maybe YUM! and Papa John have $tepped forward?

OU is pushing this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
cripes, its about time i heard something, anything...about what the okies are thinking.

we all know 10 is a sham, its just the timeframe and the teams we are waiting on. byu, may end up being too annoying, wv, lville and cincy should be there targets. although if im storz, im in austin right now begging for an invite, because they arent getting in the ACC or b10.

I think some of the Big 12 schools just realized you need a plane, a bus, a boat, and a scherpa to get to Morgantown.

obviously, there's naked pics involved at this point

Politicians are now involved in the person of Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky. Shades of us getting boned by Virginia Politics. Would suck for WVU.

Politicians are now involved in the person of Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky. Shades of us getting boned by Virginia Politics. Would suck for WVU.

There is no way the conference shake out happens without politics/lawsuits/etc getting involved. There is too much money involved.

My worst nightmare is hearing a question asked for the presidential candidates about this during a debate.

Yep. Saw a few screaming WVU fans yelling about that. First it was ESPN keeping them out of the SEC and now it is McConnell keeping them out of the B12. Both may be correct or both may be BS. I'm just glad after going through it in 03 we are safe.

Politicians are now involved in the person of Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.
No freaking way. There are no B12 member schools in Kentucky. What can he threaten? That Congress will pass legislation targeting the B12 conference???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom