B12 - WVU HaHa | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

B12 - WVU HaHa

Doesn't this raise all sorts of red flags about the dysfunction of the
Big XII? Going there will be no picnic for whoever they decide to take.

After all the whining about the refs and the dueling banjos manufactured outrage,

I say let 'em twist in the wind a while.

emot-banjo.gif

There is no way the conference shake out happens without politics/lawsuits/etc getting involved. There is too much money involved.

My worst nightmare is hearing a question asked for the presidential candidates about this during a debate.

Thus why I keep saying 5x16 eventually. 4x16 or 5x14 or any combo with a 12 doesn't "cover" enough schools.

After all the whining about the refs and the dueling banjos manufactured outrage,

I say let 'em twist in the wind a while.

emot-banjo.gif

And Luck's shot at us. That's why my subject line includes a HaHa.

Wonder what could be going on here. What can Louisville tell them that they don't already know, after they have done their expansion due diligence? I wonder if they might be bargaining, offering to take a lesser share for a while in exchange for getting in.

Maybe UL was playing hard ball and insisting on a travel partner in Cincy and the B12 has zero interest in Cincy? So to push UL to move they floated out WV #1?

latestpic_normal.jpg

schadjoe Joe Schad

WVU has been notified by the Big 12 that its expansion process is on hold for now

Let's not laugh about this, because one thing is for certain, we WANT at least one more team to leave, and personally I think WVU leaving hurts the Big East football prospects more than Louisville leaving. Not sure why the hoops schools would say that Louisville leaving would be the deal breaker that would make them break away, but we definitely WANT this to happen as soon as possible.

The Big East must go down in flames for us to get to the ACC quicker, and kill any talk of keeping us in the Big East for essentially three more seasons (that's what June 2014 will be). That would be HELL.
I agree with all of this.

Matt I'm pretty sure Lville is a deal breaker for hoops because from their perspective, the only football schools worth playing in their opinion are Syr, Pitt, UCONN and LVille. they don't care about WVU...it doesn't help them.

Thanks for the feedback, Jake. I'm surprised they don't have more respect for West Virginia hoops, which have been pretty good for a long time, and have a lot more history in the conference than Slick Rick.

image_1859483_normal.jpg

kbohls kbohls

I'm told Oklahoma and Texas Tech favor Louisville.

Jurich > Luck.

Pitino is kind of annoying, but after Luck's comments about SU and Pitt, and his earlier completely unprovoked comments about Rutgers, just make me believe he isn't a likable person.

I hope Louisville gets in too just to see if Luck has learned to shut up.

Also makes me appreciate Gross. No leaks or embarrassing comments out of Syracuse throughout this whole process.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I agree with all of this.

The longer this drags on, the more I'm thinking that Missouri is still holding out hope that Notre Dame is forced to join a conference, and Missouri hopes it will be the Big 10, and that they can tag along as the final team.

Missouri dragging this out like they are definitely reinforces the idea that they are not that crazy about the division set ups being offered in the SEC, or perhaps even playing against these schools in the first place.

They have shot their mouth off way too much in public compared to other schools, practically begging the Big 10 for acceptance when the last round wound up with Nebraska changing conferences.

The longer this drags on, the more I get worried that Missouri decides to stay in the Big 12, and that they decide that WVU and Louisville (or BYU) won't get them enough additional money to want to reopen the sweetheart (0verpriced) deal that they currently have for 10 teams from ESPN. ESPN gave them that deal to avoid blowing up the Big 12, and the Big 12 doesn't want to tip over that apple cart, because they won't get that much money on the open market, with Texas having its own network to deal with.

Let's not laugh about this, because one thing is for certain, we WANT at least one more team to leave, and personally I think WVU leaving hurts the Big East football prospects more than Louisville leaving. Not sure why the hoops schools would say that Louisville leaving would be the deal breaker that would make them break away, but we definitely WANT this to happen as soon as possible.

The Big East must go down in flames for us to get to the ACC quicker, and kill any talk of keeping us in the Big East for essentially three more seasons (that's what June 2014 will be). That would be HELL.
The destruction of BEFB would get our football team out of the BE quicker, but I wonder if the BB schools (plus UConn?) might stick to the 27 month requirement, which would get them at least one additional--and very lucrative--hoops season.

yeah matt, something is going on with mizzou. maybe the SEC is be dragging their feet, but its got to be mizzou doing something odd, because it seems they got the green light.

it also seems like all the confs are scared of being the aggressor. they want the schools to act independently and other than atm, pitt and SU, nobody has the balls to just stand up and say 'F this, we're out of here.'

I wonder if this doesn't force Texas's hand and the Big 12 goes to 12 instead of ten...and end up taking both along with Cincy.
that's the logical thing to do! All 3 are solid programs in both football and basketball! Sounds like a grand slam to me for the big 12

I think the B12 will ultimately decide that they need to get to 12. Despite the greater number of partners for distribution, it will (a) give them the ability to continue with a Championship game -- which is important to everyone not named Texas, and (b) help them maintain the perception that they are one of the big boy conferences. Like it or not, conferences with 10 (or fewer) teams, are passe. And just the opportunity to get more teams in the polls, and into bowls makes a difference in national perception. With the Pac12, the B10(at 12), the SEC looking at 14, and the ACC at 14, they will not want to be perceived as the little guy.

yeah matt, something is going on with mizzou. maybe the SEC is be dragging their feet, but its got to be mizzou doing something odd, because it seems they got the green light.

it also seems like all the confs are scared of being the aggressor. they want the schools to act independently and other than atm, pitt and SU, nobody has the balls to just stand up and say 'F this, we're out of here.'

Rumors now that if ND goes to B12 for non FB that Mizzou would stay. I think Mizzou is gone and they are just very deliberate because they are a bunch of pansies.

WVU has been officially rejected by the SEC, ACC, & now going for the trifecta w/ the Big12.
They just keep gettin' abused.

abuse.jpg

ACC should take Notre Dame and WVU...okay WVU academics arent so good...but their Medical School is and that is good enough to breathe air into the ACC football program...well, of course 'Cuse is there now and we are going to blow ACC full of holes...(is that politically correct?)

PS: Louisville for this stunt deserves a What...get off to the floor

ACC should take Notre Dame and WVU...okay WVU academics arent so good...but their Medical School is and that is good enough to breathe air into the ACC football program...well, of course 'Cuse is there now and we are going to blow ACC full of holes...(is that politically correct?)

PS: Louisville for this stunt deserves a What...get off to the floor

That is my favorite option. The ACC needs FB schools and WV is the last one left on the East coast. Sure their academics stink but they are just ONE school. Having 8 Top 50 schools, 13 of the Top 75, and 15 Top 100 schools is what everyone will see when looking at the ACC. They won't focus on WV.

Politicians are now involved in the person of Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky. Shades of us getting boned by Virginia Politics. Would suck for WVU.

Someone should tell Mitch that he has bigger fish to fry than where Louisville ends up. The US is in debt up to it's neck, we have two wars going on, the economy is teetering, people need jobs...and he's wasting time on expansion? Do your job, Mitch.

The longer this drags on, the more I'm thinking that Missouri is still holding out hope that Notre Dame is forced to join a conference, and Missouri hopes it will be the Big 10, and that they can tag along as the final team.

Missouri dragging this out like they are definitely reinforces the idea that they are not that crazy about the division set ups being offered in the SEC, or perhaps even playing against these schools in the first place.

They have shot their mouth off way too much in public compared to other schools, practically begging the Big 10 for acceptance when the last round wound up with Nebraska changing conferences.

The longer this drags on, the more I get worried that Missouri decides to stay in the Big 12, and that they decide that WVU and Louisville (or BYU) won't get them enough additional money to want to reopen the sweetheart (0verpriced) deal that they currently have for 10 teams from ESPN. ESPN gave them that deal to avoid blowing up the Big 12, and the Big 12 doesn't want to tip over that apple cart, because they won't get that much money on the open market, with Texas having its own network to deal with.

Missouri should just get out now. If things change they can always change their minds and go to the B1G instead. TCU did it, so they can too. It'll cost them a heck of a lot more, but still. If the B1G wants them, they'll get them eventually.

I think the B12 will ultimately decide that they need to get to 12. Despite the greater number of partners for distribution, it will (a) give them the ability to continue with a Championship game -- which is important to everyone not named Texas, and (b) help them maintain the perception that they are one of the big boy conferences. Like it or not, conferences with 10 (or fewer) teams, are passe. And just the opportunity to get more teams in the polls, and into bowls makes a difference in national perception. With the Pac12, the B10(at 12), the SEC looking at 14, and the ACC at 14, they will not want to be perceived as the little guy.

The MWC/CUSA says that any conference with 25 or fewer teams is passe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom