Babers Awaiting COVID19 Test Results (Results Negative) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Babers Awaiting COVID19 Test Results (Results Negative)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW - calling a medicine that is an FDA approved drug for humans "Horse dewormer" is pretty dumb.
I have no idea if it is effective in treating Covid, but someone literally won a Nobel Prize for treating humans with it.
Awww, look at you trying to seek shelter over here but still get a few jabs in (pun intended).

Horse de-wormer is not FDA approved for humans, ebuck. Approval of drugs is all about how they are administered, and for what purpose. Seems like this would be common sense for most, but...

Awww, look at you trying to seek shelter over here but still get a few jabs in (pun intended).

Horse de-wormer is not FDA approved for humans, ebuck. Approval of drugs is all about how they are administered, and for what purpose. Seems like this would be common sense for most, but...
It’s amazing what has to be explained.

I had to look this up because this is so off the wall (and will likely go up in smoke). The google machine says:

Ivermectin was discovered in 1975 and is approved for use in humans to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms, head lice and skin conditions such as rosacea. When taken in appropriate, prescribed doses it can be highly effective and is included in the World Health Organization's list of essential medicines.Sep 4, 2021

Honestly it's probably easier and more fun to shave someone's head who has lice.

See that’s why you went to Hamilton for school and I went there for football. Nice takedown with facts.

So seducing and reasonable sounding these guys who are MD’s like in that article slewing bs like facts, at least I think it’s bs. Thx for chiming in.
Come on Mike...takedown? Hysterical.

The irony here is that, in general, I'm actually pro-vaccine. What is wrong with looking at therapies that might prevent covid-positive patients from getting sick enough to be hospitalized?

If you test positive today they send you home with instructions to isolate, rest and take Tylenol. Why not prescribe a course of Ivermectin (or some other therapy) early on in an attempt lower the chance of hospitalization? BTW, the drug is safe and actually won a Nobel Prize in 2015.

We're never going to vaccinate our way out of covid. That is why the development of sound therapeutic methods are so important. Burying one's head in the sand like sheepeople doesn't help. Below is a link that has been heavily "peer reviewed" data:

Research is one thing. People self-medicating with what they bought from the store is another.
My main point is why are we making it so IF Ivermectin is a potential weapon against covid that people won't want to use it because of this clearly unorganic attack on it. Horse dewormer is the only phrase you hear now when talking about it.

There are major studies worldwide in its effectiveness against several viruses. This shouldn't be politicized.

Just because some stupid people took lethal doses doesn't make it trash.

Again, pro vaccine, pro mask.

My main point is why are we making it so IF Ivermectin is a potential weapon against covid that people won't want to use it because of this clearly unorganic attack on it. Horse dewormer is the only phrase you hear now when talking about it.

There are major studies worldwide in its effectiveness against several viruses. This shouldn't be politicized.

Just because some stupid people took lethal doses doesn't make it trash.

Again, pro vaccine, pro mask.
Who is against research?

People are buying it from the animal store and harming themselves with it, or touting the Nobel Prize which has nothing to do with viruses, and getting ripped on appropriately.

Who is against research?

People are buying it from the animal store and harming themselves with it, or touting the Nobel Prize which has nothing to do with viruses, and getting ripped on appropriately.
I'd say the people in this thread saying ivermectin isn't effective without proof are against it. Not hard to find.

I'd make fun of the idiots taking the wrong dosage instead of a pretty solid generic drug that could be a great tool, especially for poor countries around the world.

VT had fights and I believe more than one stabbing recently
Wow, that’s too bad. Last time I was there (probably a good 7-8 years ago) there was a guy who looked like “Blue” from the movie Old School in there who everybody in the bar seemed to know. Had a good time in there that night.

Wow, that’s too bad. Last time I was there (probably a good 7-8 years ago) there was a guy who looked like “Blue” from the movie Old School in there who everybody in the bar seemed to know. Had a good time in there that night.

It's for sale if anyone wants to go in on it

Research needs to prove that it works, not the other way around.
Huh? If I'm trying to solve a problem with a formula, I am not telling people it doesn't work and defaming the potential solution before I know it works.

You go from saying no one is against the research to its okay for people to say it doesn't work before research is complete.

That is my last message on the topic, it's just frustrating that a generic drug has become political.

Pro vaccine, pro masks, pro science.

Huh? If I'm trying to solve a problem with a formula, I am not telling people it doesn't work and defaming the potential solution before I know it works.

You go from saying no one is against the research to its okay for people to say it doesn't work before research is complete.

That is my last message on the topic, it's just frustrating that a generic drug has become political.

Its frustrating that the whole thing became political before it even really got to the US. Ridiculous, really.

My point is: idiots are self-medicating with horse dewormer, and some are touting the Nobel Prize that has nothing to do with viruses.

If there is promise in it being effective against viruses, then let’s get that research going.

Not sure what the “huh” is about? Is any of that controversial? And am I missing something?

I think you’re also missing the point. People shouldn’t be taking it as a vaccine or cure for something it hasn’t been proven to do anything for. It’s history with being medically helpful for other diseases is irrelevant until it’s proven as an effective medicine for Covid. It hasn’t.

So until then it’s silly to actually take it for that purpose. It’s not silly to investigate the merits and research it’s feasibility, I haven’t heard anyone say that was a ridiculous idea. What’s ridiculous is buying it at the pet store instead of just getting vaccinated. That’s where the jokes come in to play. It’s the opposite of the process, it’s not an intelligent way to protecting yourself and it also falls in with all the other crazy things people are doing in the fight to proclaim freedom of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom