Babers Awaiting COVID19 Test Results (Results Negative) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Babers Awaiting COVID19 Test Results (Results Negative)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the original goal of the vaccine was to not get sick at all. Now that people still get sick the goal has been changed to keep them out of hospitals and not die. There are 24 people hospitalized in Saratoga county, of those 10 were vaccinated. (AlbanyMed is not in Saratoga Cnty). Don’t know arhat those numbers are off hand.

originally there’s wasn’t a delta variant. That’s why before delta became the dominant strain, you saw for several months that between 97-99% of cases, hospitalizations and deaths were the unvaxed.

originally there’s wasn’t a delta variant. That’s why before delta became the dominant strain, you saw for several months that between 97-99% of cases, hospitalizations and deaths were the unvaxed.

you know when they test they don’t test to see what variant it is. And they definitely don’t for rapid testing.

So that’s just for Onondaga county. I don’t know if it’s true for the state. But let’s hope Coach is negative.

yes it is for Onondaga county where Babers lives. I don’t believe the state has anything more than recommendations since there is no state of emergency. They left it up to local municipalities.

you know when they test they don’t test to see what variant it is. And they definitely don’t for rapid testing.

some places do some don’t. Doesn’t change anything.

...or maybe the vax effectiveness has worn off, hence, all the calls for booster shots.

I'm just so saddened that this has to actually be explained to people. Yeoman's work here as usual, bees.

well the original goal of the vaccine was to not get sick at all. Now that people still get sick the goal has been changed to keep them out of hospitals and not die. There are 24 people hospitalized in Saratoga county, of those 10 were vaccinated. (AlbanyMed is not in Saratoga Cnty). Don’t know what those numbers are off hand.
Another factor for the vaccinated and unknown at the onset was the waning protection over time, especially for the elderly and those regardless of age, having risk factors.

well the original goal of the vaccine was to not get sick at all. Now that people still get sick the goal has been changed to keep them out of hospitals and not die. There are 24 people hospitalized in Saratoga county, of those 10 were vaccinated. (AlbanyMed is not in Saratoga Cnty). Don’t know what those numbers are off hand.
You are dealing with really small numbers. As you increase those I’d expect regression to the mean. Also - larger issue has been that hospitalized people have been known to lie about vax status. The last I heard 99.4% of those that are dying of Delta are unvaxxed.

...or maybe the vax effectiveness has worn off, hence, all the calls for booster shots.

yea. I had previously mentioned that.

Couple of things here and then I’m bailing:

1. Google Simpson’s Paradox. 70 percent of Saratoga County is vaccinated. Hospitalizations disproportionately tilt towards unvaxxed people.

2. Average age to those vaxxed in hospital is close to 20 years OLDER than those unvaxxed. With the delta strain, hospitalizations among those based have significant more comorbidities than those without.

3. ICU’s vs hospitalizations are also very different. Over 90 percent of those in ICUs are unvaxxed.

4. Horse dewormer doesn’t work.

You are dealing with really small numbers. As you increase those I’d expect regression to the mean. Also - larger issue has been that hospitalized people have been known to lie about vax status. The last I heard 99.4% of those that are dying of Delta are unvaxxed.

THIS.

As much as people like to think "the original goal of the vaccines was to not get sick at all" -
Vaccines do NOT eliminate the flu, or the common cold, etc.
So it was always unrealistic for that to be the benchmark here.

With Covid, that was likely never a possibility, and especially w/ Delta -
it's just sooo contagious and easily spread, that the vaccine could never be an impenetrable shield against it.

In reality, the vaccines WORK EXCEPTIONALLY WELL.
At dramatically reducing hospitalizations, and almost entirely eliminating deaths.
Which circles back to making it more "just like the regular flu" - for those who are vaccinated.

THIS.

As much as people like to think "the original goal of the vaccines was to not get sick at all" -
Vaccines do NOT eliminate the flu, or the common cold, etc.
So it was always unrealistic for that to be the benchmark here.

With Covid, that was likely never a possibility, and especially w/ Delta -
it's just sooo contagious and easily spread, that the vaccine could never be an impenetrable shield against it.

In reality, the vaccines WORK EXCEPTIONALLY WELL.
At dramatically reducing hospitalizations, and albeit shrugged then most entirely eliminating deaths.
Which circles back to making it more "just like the regular flu" - for those who are vaccinated.
My brother-in-law went to Turning Stone for an annual golf & gambling thing a few weeks ago. Four people drove up together, one of whom was not vaccinated. He didn't inform the others. He exhibited symptoms during their stay, but shrugged them off. My vaccinated brother-in-law, who has had bad lyme disease and has respiratory issues, came down with Covid. But, no hospitalization or critical care required. Thankfully, it was just like getting the flu.

The hospitalization rate may be very misleading. I think they are counting anyone admitted to the hospital for ANY condition. For example, if a vax was hospitalized for a blood clot unrelated to COVID, it still counted toward the vaxxed hospitalization rate.

Couple of things here and then I’m bailing:

1. Google Simpson’s Paradox. 70 percent of Saratoga County is vaccinated. Hospitalizations disproportionately tilt towards unvaxxed people.

2. Average age to those vaxxed in hospital is close to 20 years OLDER than those unvaxxed. With the delta strain, hospitalizations among those based have significant more comorbidities than those without.

3. ICU’s vs hospitalizations are also very different. Over 90 percent of those in ICUs are unvaxxed.

4. Horse dewormer doesn’t work.
But human grade ivermectin does work as a therapeutic when administered early and/or as a prophylaxis. Very convincing results out of India.

So that’s just for Onondaga county. I don’t know if it’s true for the state. But let’s hope Coach is negative.
very similar for tompkins county

No one on this team can catch anything.
Not even covid

Attachments

• F5661ADB-C4B4-4BCC-8FDA-12D2FFAC9C10.jpeg
    F5661ADB-C4B4-4BCC-8FDA-12D2FFAC9C10.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members