Babers fired according to Thamel | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Babers fired according to Thamel

Brent has basically zero access to the program or AD so I don't put a ton of stock into what he says. Pretty much everyone hates him and they go out of their way to shun him (that's not the case with others at the PS). So whatever he's hearing is second or third hand. I trust folks on the board a LOT more than anything he says.
I was going to wait to post something about the Brent A**, he is CLASSLESS, it is unfortunate that coach Babers did not succeed; he has been here 8 years. I have already stated what I believe. I wish things were different when he got here; they were not. I appreciate what the University is attempting to do now, I will leave it at that. I trust for the correct decision. I will state that Syracuse.com with Mr A** is now offering a Syracuse insider package; it literally makes me want to barf. How about if any person on this board and elsewhere were to take that $3.99 per month and donate it to Syracuse University and IL initiatives we would be in a much better place. Trust me, this individual has no insider information. Toxic in nature who stimulates and perpetuates drama without looking at the big picture. Please support NIL initiatives at Syracuse University, and things can still turn around. Go Orange

What specifically has he done that you’re aware of that makes him pretty good?

Shrader was passing very effectively last season before he got hurt. Our offense was outstanding through the first six games, even with Tucker not as good as the year before. We averaged 36 points a game through our first 6 games with him and Anae.

Brent has basically zero access to the program or AD so I don't put a ton of stock into what he says. Pretty much everyone hates him and they go out of their way to shun him (that's not the case with others at the PS). So whatever he's hearing is second or third hand. I trust folks on the board a LOT more than anything he says.
Why would the PS give Brent a platform and why would other writers from the PS go on his shows, etc? If he was that disliked by all he would’ve been gone from the community years ago. He’s also more of a sports commentator than a journalist. The reason why this board is popular is why he is influential to the program. He is the voice of the stakeholders (fans). People like to discuss and speculate on sports. Guarantee that Syracuse sports in general would have a less passionate fan base without commentators like Brent.

Shrader was passing very effectively last season before he got hurt. Our offense was outstanding through the first six games, even with Tucker not as good as the year before. We averaged 36 points a game through our first 6 games with him and Anae.

I think you’re making my point. “What has he done”. You have no clue whether he had any positive influence on last years offense. Anae is a well known control freak. What we saw this year was good at times and pathetic for large sections of time. There’s no way to say he’s “pretty good”, who knows at this point. Nowhere close to enough evidence, if anything more evidence saying maybe not.

I kind of wonder about Beck also I still think he’s pretty good despite what people think about him

He's kind of like Nathaniel Hackett version 2. Undoubtedly talented guy who relates well to the players, but maybe too young and inexperienced when we had him.

Explain Wake, BC, Northwestern, Duke and even Tulane. All manage to field competitive teams.
Excluding Tulane for obvious non-P5 schedule reasons, here's where Syracuse stacks up against the rest over the last two seasons:

Duke: 14 wins
Syracuse: 12 wins
Boston College: 9 wins
Northwestern: 7 wins

Over the last 3:
Syracuse: 17 wins
Duke: 17 wins
Boston College: 15 wins
Northwestern: 10 wins

This isn't the point you think you're making.

Long overdue. This is terrible season for SU with the ACC so down. Really embarrassing if you think about it objectively. BC has lapped us with worse talent IMO and are bowling. They were a lightening storm from losing to Holy Cross and Hafley made the team better after that. Dino seems to make us worse as the season goes on. That’s just bad coaching.

Went to the HC game yesterday and it feels like this is Bobs last season with HC because the power 5 is calling. Not sure how it plays out but he’s the guy you shoot the moon for. Dynamic person, a whirling dervish of energy.

WE cannot go back to the Dino tree. That’s just a ridiculous thing that I can’t believe some of you think that’s in play. John can’t be that near minded here.

Good luck to DIno. Good man. I will say that we sometimes overrate the good man thing. I thought Paul was a quality man, GERG was a quality man, Marrone was a quality man and Shafer, a bit weird, was a good man. I want a winning man who is a good man. Find me the next Dick Mac. That’s the model

Excluding Tulane for obvious non-P5 schedule reasons, here's where Syracuse stacks up against the rest over the last two seasons:

Duke: 14 wins
Syracuse: 12 wins
Boston College: 9 wins
Northwestern: 7 wins

Over the last 3:
Syracuse: 17 wins
Duke: 17 wins
Boston College: 15 wins
Northwestern: 10 wins

This isn't the point you think you're making.
The post I replied to argued that SU couldn't be competitive, so if your argument is that none of those schools are competitive I simply disagree. Also if you look at those records over Dino's tenure they do support my point. Also you intentionally left out Wake. Also Tulane has been ranked and beat USC in last year's Cotton Bowl.

The post I replied to argued that SU couldn't be competitive, so if your argument is that none of those schools are competitive I simply disagree. Also if you look at those records over Dino's tenure they do support my point. Also you intentionally left out Wake. Also Tulane has been ranked and beat USC in last year's Cotton Bowl.
My apologies. Wake has the same number of wins as Syracuse over the last two. A true beacon of success

He is the voice of the stakeholders (fans). People like to discuss and speculate on sports. Guarantee that Syracuse sports in general would have a less passionate fan base without commentators like Brent.

LOL. A** does NOT speak for me.

IMO, A** is a snarky narcissistic parasite.

It’s a shame Emily is linked to him. I’ll take Chris Carlson and Nate Mink all day any day.

Developing another QB would be nice. Was Tim Lester a good OC or did he have Dungey under center in 2018? That’s what I say about beck.

I hope the AD has his ducks in a row otherwise recruits will bail along with kids transferring would set program back for years. Syracuse is not a top destination for the top rated players so someone who can recruit first at home and New Jersey and Florida is a must.
that #60 recruiting class?

Over Dino's tenure Wake has 50 wins, 7 bowls and a conference title.
Also have a once in a lifetime coach. As I’ve said before, once Doren is gone, they'll be back to garbage

Over Dino's tenure Wake has 50 wins, 7 bowls and a conference title.
Wake doesn’t have a conference title and that’s 8 more wins.

Are we really treating them like they’re that good? My whole point is it’s HARD to win at these schools

Marrone called us his "dream job" and then jumped ship. guessing the millions we paid weren't enuf.
i don't ever want to see him on our sidelines again. he has no syracuse loyalty or honor in my book.
fool me once the saying goes...

Wake doesn’t have a conference title and that’s 8 more wins.

Are we really treating them like they’re that good? My whole point is it’s HARD to win at these schools
Apologies it was divisional and I miscounted the wins which are actually 57. I don’t disagree it can be harder to win at these schools than at selector ones like FSU or Clemson, but it can be done.

the teams we beat this year are a combined 21-34. and the majority of those 21 wins are against let's just say "lesser caliber foes" . we beat nobody and got embarrassed on national TV when we were tested.
i liked Dino and would have let him finish out the season but let's face the hard fact. time for change.

Last edited:
I hope the AD has his ducks in a row otherwise recruits will bail along with kids transferring would set program back for years. Syracuse is not a top destination for the top rated players so someone who can recruit first at home and New Jersey and Florida is a must.
the portal changes everything. We can be good next year if we mine the portal correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom