Babers fired according to Thamel | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Babers fired according to Thamel

I mean think about that strategy in the context of having an offense that relies on a dynamic QB due to OL challenges AND that in most years the #1 has gone down for part of each season.

Bonkers.
Particularly when Babers was supposed to be the guy who would implement a plug-and-play offensive scheme. Instead it was basically QB hero ball from 2018 onward.

Particularly when Babers was supposed to be the guy who would implement a plug-and-play offensive scheme. Instead it was basically QB hero ball from 2018 onward.

That is one of the craziest things I can remember happening at Syracuse. I would love to hear what Baber's reasoning was for abandoning this offensive scheme for the one we currently have. I would love for the answer to be honest and not coach speak.

I recall G-Rob did a coach's show after he was fired and also his famous news conference. Shafer must have as well as he coached that last game vs. BC. I wonder how this will be handled.

I recall G-Rob did a coach's show after he was fired and also his famous news conference. Shafer must have as well as he coached that last game vs. BC. I wonder how this will be handled.

The Coach Nunz Show !!!

Brent Axe said that the people making the decision really like Chesney.
Brent has basically zero access to the program or AD so I don't put a ton of stock into what he says. Pretty much everyone hates him and they go out of their way to shun him (that's not the case with others at the PS). So whatever he's hearing is second or third hand. I trust folks on the board a LOT more than anything he says.

What is crazy to me is that it kinda was plug and play with Mahoney that first year. For a guy without physical gifts to do what he did, it was easy to be encouraged about the passing game.

Maybe it's plug and play with Lewis, not babers

Brent has basically zero access to the program or AD so I don't put a ton of stock into what he says. Pretty much everyone hates him and they go out of their way to shun him (that's not the case with others at the PS). So whatever he's hearing is second or third hand. I trust folks on the board a LOT more than anything he says.
Maybe Babers can get him fired from his current gig. If you catch my drift.

What is crazy to me is that it kinda was plug and play with Mahoney that first year. For a guy without physical gifts to do what he did, it was easy to be encouraged about the passing game.

Maybe it's plug and play with Lewis, not babers
It was encouraging because Mahoney probably never steps on the field ever at most decent P5’s so to see them get some level of competent production out of him made the offense look the part.

I think a lot of it comes back to how they recruited the QB position. Looking back, DeVito was a great prospect for a program with a consistent strong OL that could give him time to throw. That was never us and when he took over as QB full time with no alternative, it really sent things in the wrong direction.

Emily didn't challenge him on that statement. And I don't think he would have said it if he had no knowledge of it. They're going to do a show discussing all the candidates. They better do it soon because I think things will happen very fast.

I hope the AD has his ducks in a row otherwise recruits will bail along with kids transferring would set program back for years. Syracuse is not a top destination for the top rated players so someone who can recruit first at home and New Jersey and Florida is a must.

That is one of the craziest things I can remember happening at Syracuse. I would love to hear what Baber's reasoning was for abandoning this offensive scheme for the one we currently have. I would love for the answer to be honest and not coach speak.

Maybe it was more Sean Lewis' scheme than Babers'.

I hope it's thorough but wouldn't this have to happen in a month or so for recruiting purposes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom