Babers fired according to Thamel | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Babers fired according to Thamel

Can someone smarter than me explain why our TE coach is our interim?

Dino was a good guy and I think he did a really good job developing recruits into responsible men, He represented the university well. I wish him good luck in the future.

If we were going to fire him, it needed to be now. There are a lot of good jobs opening and not a lot of good candidates out there.

John is no fool. I am sure he has been talking to his best candidates (more probably their agents) for a long time and has identified the best fits where there is mutual interest.

Would not be surprised if he already has his guy.

Hope we lock up someone good Aand make it public ASAP.

It will be interesting to see who coaches the Wake game. Will Dino be given the opportunity? If so, would he even want to coach it?
Guessing Rocky will coach?

I’d like to see a couple people from this board coach the WF game so we can see how those in-game decisions are supposed to be made. I’ll set myself up with a big ole bi of popcorn.

Bring on the red shoes. I don’t care.
Oh, stop. I don't need to be a pilot to know if a guy crashes the plane on the landing he is a bad pilot. I don't need to be Vince Lombardi to know when a guy is a lousy coach when he mis-manages simple in-game decisions.

I think it was more than the loss but also from what I hear he made some bonehead in game decisions. I spared myself from watching that garbage.

I'd be surprised if Babers doesn't coach the last game and he will for the players unless John says no.

I’d like to see a couple people from this board coach the WF game so we can see how those in-game decisions are supposed to be made. I’ll set myself up with a big ole bi of popcorn.

Bring on the red shoes. I don’t care.
sounds good. Pay me the millions of dollars that go along with it.

Hope we get someone who can coach a decent OL. IMHO, this is the one area we have to better than average in order to co Pete in tbe new landscape. Marrone coached that position up…and I think it’s where every other coach failed. More substance, less flash.

While I do think part of it is coaching, the other part is recruiting. Look at what Marrone left Shafer on the OL. Or what P left GRob. Then try and make an all star team of Dino OL recruits. Even worse if you limit it to just the HS recruits. That is 8 years and you cannot make a decent OL from Dino guys. Even a good OL coach wouldn't make that group decent, maybe serviceable though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom