Bailey article-Syracuse football offense used 1 cadence all of last season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bailey article-Syracuse football offense used 1 cadence all of last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still amazed that other teams couldn't pick this up on tape. Really?
he doesnt know what his own Oline is capable of- how the heck can he know what another team is thinking-

no way in hell the other teams didnt notice -unless they are all in shafers little black book,because only he hires complete idiots to run his program

It's time for another:

ruh-roh-2.jpg

Lester is starting to sound very Gerg like.

Cheers,
Neil

To play Devils advocate, any chance Lester said this intentional? Why? Perhaps the single count was at Mac daddys direction? Perhaps trying to throw off teams this coming year? Perhaps just trying to build confidence in an otherwise terrible offense from a year ago?

To play Devils advocate, any chance Lester said this intentional? Why? Perhaps the single count was at Mac daddys direction? Perhaps trying to throw off teams this coming year? Perhaps just trying to build confidence in an otherwise terrible offense from a year ago?

He has said far too much this offseason that everyone is trying to spin as "trying to throw off other teams". From the inability to say what type of offense we will be running to this, it's getting to the point where I just want him to shut his face and focus on creating game plans and winning games.

You guys are overreacting to this article, read it again and slowly. you don't switch the Cadence in the middle of a season, that is just dumb. In this case with new QB's they tried to simplify as much as possible. They used a half a practice to install the new cadence and it's fine now. He doesn't come off as bad or as an idiot. Honestly are we reading the same article?

You guys are overreacting to this article, read it again and slowly. you don't switch the Cadence in the middle of a season, that is just dumb. In this case with new QB's they tried to simplify as much as possible. They used a half a practice to install the new cadence and it's fine now. He doesn't come off as bad or as an idiot. Honestly are we reading the same article?

You're contradicting yourself. You say you don't change cadence mid-year, yet you say it took just half a practice to change.

If the opposing teams are getting an advantage and you are using it as an excuse for last year's abysmal offense, why not make the change when Lester took over if it was so easy to do?

And don't give me the "you don't switch the cadence mid-year". That's just silly.

He has said far too much this offseason that everyone is trying to spin as "trying to throw off other teams". From the inability to say what type of offense we will be running to this, it's getting to the point where I just want him to shut his face and focus on creating game plans and winning games.
I am not trying to spin anything. I am just asking the question? Perhaps he has a motive. I can only speak from experience and sometimes you create situations to motivate others. I am not saying this is the case, but he is a bright / articulate man.

Not sure if your serious, but if you are this inaccurate. If the DL knows the snap count never changes they get incredible jumps off the ball and blow plays up.

This actually hurts the OL because their opposing DL can push them back. It is always good to just mix it up to slow down the DL and can get the offense free plays.
Half-kidding. I know it makes a difference, and I agree the defense can get a jump if they break the snap-code. However, we were so uncompetitive in other ways (offensively), I don't see how a better snap-count would have cured injuries to half our starting offense, given us an experienced QB, WR's that could stretch the field, overcome a significant talent deficit .. on and on.

SUFan44 said:
Lester comes across as an idiot in the article. Let's go with one snap count because you don't think the offensive line will be able to stay onsides. Also, I'm glad he finds all of this stuff "hilarious". I don't find it one bit hilarious that we won 3 games last year and I spent X number of dollars of my own disposable income - not to mention spare time - watching his offense use one cadence because he "thought" they wouldn't be able to handle it. Unbelievable. This is close to as bad as the "F it" article.

Dude. He didn't find "it all" hilarious - he found the way the linemen knew when they messed it up, they'd be working.

You're contradicting yourself. You say you don't change cadence mid-year, yet you say it took just half a practice to change.

If the opposing teams are getting an advantage and you are using it as an excuse for last year's abysmal offense, why not make the change when Lester took over if it was so easy to do?

And don't give me the "you don't switch the cadence mid-year". That's just silly.

If an offense is struggling why would you make it more complex? I didn't contradict myself, I just said you don't change it mid season. The article said it took half a practice to install this spring.

Some people don't get football

People wouldn't pick it up on film, but they'd figure it out during the game.

Ummm, all it takes is a phone call. "Hey former associate and friend at NC State? This is your buddy from FSU. You're not going to believe this but..."

Can't believe this isn't the first thing Lester fixed when he took over.

People wouldn't pick it up on film, but they'd figure it out during the game.

Ummm, all it takes is a phone call. "Hey former associate and friend at NC State? This is your buddy from FSU. You're not going to believe this but..."

Can't believe this isn't the first thing Lester fixed when he took over.
lester didnt fix a dang thing when he took over- thats the real issue-

he couldnt have failed any worse so What not try and fix it

tells me he aint no better than what he replaced if he couldnt come up with a better game plan

lester didnt fix a dang thing when he took over- thats the real issue-

he couldnt have failed any worse so What not try and fix it

tells me he aint no better than what he replaced if he couldnt come up with a better game plan
What could he fix? He had to work withwhat he had both from a personnel and scheme standpoint. He basically cut most of McDonald's offense out last season and tried to consolidate. There was no game plan that could have rescued last season when your out there with your 4th string QB. If you're going to give the guy the keys to the offense then at least let him use the offense he is most comfortable with. Give him a chance my god

Ha. Finally a football subject I feel uniquely qualified to answer. In HS I played for a very successful program that purposely did the exact same thing. We did it for a few reasons.

We were young all over the offense, especially up front. We knew we were going to need to steal five yards every one in a while because we couldn't beat people up front. So we went one "1" all game long..except for when it was third and short. We had a play call that was designed only to draw the other team offsides. We did it every game...worked about 99% of the time.

Now...I'm not justifying what we did last year, because I don't recall us ever using it for that purpose...but the concept of simplifying the cadence to help out a young team is not foreign, nor does it strike me as silly sounding as many people are making it seem.

I would hope college players could adjust, but we were running new QBs out there every week and the reaction to the cadence of 4-5 different QBs isn't as simply as you would think. Voice inflection, timing etc. it's NOT that simple. Going on first sound neutralized that potential problem.

God created the universe in 6 days.

Some people think Lester should have been able to scrap a playbook that the team had been using for the past 9 months, start completely from scratch, and have it ready in 5 days or less.

veruca-salt-and-mris-L-L_AYhA.jpeg
This is some grade A moving the goalposts material. I mean your message does not put any responsibility on the coaching staff. Yeah so basically anyone who disagrees with your position is a spoiled brat for expecting more. That article makes other coaching staffs laugh at ours. Lester is quoted as saying we couldn't vary the snap count because our OL couldn't be coached up.
Good job making anyone who disagrees with your position a spoiled brat. Man we deserve to suck with our fanbase being so forgiving.

Alsacs said:
This is some grade A moving the goalposts material. I mean your message does not put any responsibility on the coaching staff. Yeah so basically anyone who disagrees with your position is a spoiled brat for expecting more. That article makes other coaching staffs laugh at ours. Lester is quoted as saying we couldn't vary the snap count because our OL couldn't be coached up. Good job making anyone who disagrees with your position a spoiled brat. Man we deserve to suck with our fanbase being so forgiving.

So you think he could have fixed it in 5 days then ;)?

Status
Not open for further replies.