Bailey article-Syracuse football offense used 1 cadence all of last season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bailey article-Syracuse football offense used 1 cadence all of last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
these excuse hounds are running wild- time to reign them in

they take what he said (a fact) and turn it to look like we have no reading comprehension-they make excuses for every issue pointed out-a side effect from to much koolaid

its becoming quite hilarious actually- nothing like watching the eternal optimists cry at the top of there lungs -its going to be better this year- when the facts show a good chance it wont

Last edited:
Except, Lester said they did.

And he finds it 'hilarious' to be waiting valuable practice time to watch them do up-downs when they continue to screw up not going 'on 1'.

ALOT of red flags out there kids.

Can't say we any smoke, that's for game film...
What I just don't get is...this is fundamental low level football stuff. There's multiple cadence/count in pop warner. Certainly in HS. How can they not be able to do it in division 1 football? It's unfathomable.

To play Devils advocate, any chance Lester said this intentional? Why? Perhaps the single count was at Mac daddys direction? Perhaps trying to throw off teams this coming year? Perhaps just trying to build confidence in an otherwise terrible offense from a year ago?[/QUOTE
no

After seeing this discussion, I've refrained from reading the article.

Until now that is.

Best part is that Karl Marx has some thoughts in the comments section. Didn't see that coming.

Putting the football stuff aside, the thing I don't understand is what the purpose of this article is supposed to be. It's not news. It's not a fluff piece. Doesn't seem like a hit job.

these excuse hounds are running wild- time to reign them in

they take what he said (a fact) and turn it to look like we have no reading comprehension-they make excuses for every issue pointed out-a side effect from to much koolaid

its becoming quite hilarious actually- nothing like watching the eternal optimists cry at the top of there lungs -its going to be better this year- when the facts show a good chance it wont

We get your point! Lester sucks because of of his work as OC last season. He will suck just as bad this year. Anyone who doesn't agree is an excuse hound, wearing orange colored glasses, or drunk on koolaid. You have been posting this for a while.

Way too many armchair coaches in this......why even bother commenting

We get your point! Lester sucks because of of his work as OC last season. He will suck just as bad this year. Anyone who doesn't agree is an excuse hound, wearing orange colored glasses, or drunk on koolaid. You have been posting this for a while.
good just maybe you are starting to understand being a koolaid drinker excuse hound owning orange glass's guy

rosconey said:
good just maybe you are starting to understand being a koolaid drinker excuse hound owning orange glass's guy

Pretty sure that makes you a poison chugging drill sergeant who couldn't be positive with a NC trophy kinda poster.

Pretty sure that makes you a poison chugging drill sergeant who couldn't be positive with a NC trophy kinda poster.
kind of half azzed answer i would expect from a koolaid drinker-

i want the team to succeed -to say otherwise shows massive amounts of ignorance

but since i dont have faith in a staff that has shown close to zero on offense for 2 seasons im a baaaaaaad maaaan

Yes. But don't tell anyone that thinks we always went on one.

Don't tell Lester either, who said in the article that we always went on the same "snap count".

Unless he was misquoted by Bailey.

Yes. But don't tell anyone that thinks we always went on one.

Pulled directly from the article:

The unit was asked to do three up-downs for each false start, Lester said with a chuckle.

"They do it now the moment I blow the whistle they do, then pop up and run the play," Lester said. "It's hilarious."

Despite going off one snap count in each game last season, the Orange offensive line wasn't among the nation's worst at allowing sacks. The unit, which was forced to use 10 players over the course of the season, gave up two sacks per game, tied for 56th worst in the nation.

Pulled directly from the article:

The unit was asked to do three up-downs for each false start, Lester said with a chuckle.

"They do it now the moment I blow the whistle they do, then pop up and run the play," Lester said. "It's hilarious."

Despite going off one snap count in each game last season, the Orange offensive line wasn't among the nation's worst at allowing sacks. The unit, which was forced to use 10 players over the course of the season, gave up two sacks per game, tied for 56th worst in the nation.
Why weren't we tied for 56th best in the nation? Riddle me this.

I wonder what we did during our bye week? Do you even think about that. After our bye week we had the worst offensive performances of the season against Pitt and BC. I mean it would have been better to not play those games than see what we put on the field. Is that on the coaching staff?
Just for clarification, we have been having the false start problem for a few years, even with a Senior QB in Ryan. Against Northwestern we had 4 false starts, so its a problem we've had for awhile.

The cynic in me says because Lester wants credit for fixing something, but doesn't realize it makes him look bad for not fixing it during the year last year and buries his OL coach as a bad. The positive in me says because our offense actually has varying tempos and isn't a one trick pony.
Fixing what though? Are we really that inept that we need to fix basic high school JV football concepts?

Chip said:
Don't tell Lester either, who said in the article that we always went on the same "snap count". Unless he was misquoted by Bailey.

Lester isn't quoted saying it. Bailey flip flops between words. Cadence and snap count are different.

Last edited:
SUFan44 said:
Pulled directly from the article: The unit was asked to do three up-downs for each false start, Lester said with a chuckle. "They do it now the moment I blow the whistle they do, then pop up and run the play," Lester said. "It's hilarious." Despite going off one snap count in each game last season, the Orange offensive line wasn't among the nation's worst at allowing sacks. The unit, which was forced to use 10 players over the course of the season, gave up two sacks per game, tied for 56th worst in the nation.

You bolded Baileys words.

Lester is quoted saying it. Bailey flip flops between words. Cadence and snap count are different.

Been lurking for quite some time but had to chime in on this one.

Lester was a QB, and well respected one as a player, I think he knew the difference long before he became a coach.

Heck Shafer was a QB in college too - he knows the difference - that concerns me because he should have put his foot down on this with GMC as obviously GMC did not practice it.

Regardless, Lester has fixed this - and a easy one to fix and they practice it routinely now. Should see a difference on the field this year.

You guys are overreacting to this article, read it again and slowly. you don't switch the Cadence in the middle of a season, that is just dumb. In this case with new QB's they tried to simplify as much as possible. They used a half a practice to install the new cadence and it's fine now. He doesn't come off as bad or as an idiot. Honestly are we reading the same article?
Either my sarcasm meter is off, or you don't know anything about college football.

Simplify away.. but using one snap count is the dumbest tactic I've ever heard of at the college level.

Been lurking for quite some time but had to chime in on this one.

Lester was a QB, and well respected one as a player, I think he knew the difference long before he became a coach.

Heck Shafer was a QB in college too - he knows the difference - that concerns me because he should have put his foot down on this with GMC as obviously GMC did not practice it.

Regardless, Lester has fixed this - and a easy one to fix and they practice it routinely now. Should see a difference on the field this year.

such a easy fix why wasnt it done last year- maybe we could have seen a difference then instead of hoping for one now

Lester isn't quoted saying it. Bailey flip flops between words. Cadence and snap count are different.

What if Lester actually said the words snap count in the interview?

Panic button time because he doesn't know the difference?

Chip said:
What if Lester actually said the words snap count in the interview? Panic button time because he doesn't know the difference?

Not at all. I'm sure he knows the difference. The article is confusing. Cadence and snap count are different. Lesters quotes use neither word. Bailey flip flops between both. So I'm not sure what we did or didn't do. My gut says we didn't always go on the same snap count.

lesters comment on snap count could also mean that they went to the line with a predetermined snap count and that was it not that they always snapped on one.. when you have backups all over the whole play calling scheme gets simplifed. even the pro guys struggle with backups in and they dont go 3-4 deep into any position hardly ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.