Baseball scandal | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball scandal

The Red Sox cheated in 2018 but this game in 2017 they were the victims.
The Astros were sitting on Sale’s slider. They knew it was coming.
They hammered his fastballs they knew they were coming.

Altuve had an OPS of 1.500 at home in the 2017 playoffs and an OPS of .500 on the road.

Astros cheated the Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers in 2017.
MLB made changes to the replay room for the 2018 playoffs.
The 2018 Red Sox cheated in the regular season.

stealing signs is not illegal.
And thus the crux of why baseball's rules are completely asinine and those that run the sport are dinosaurs.

You can cheat, but you just cant use technology to do it.

Note- this isnt a defense of any recent action. But the violation IMO should be gaining the competitive advantage, not the means used to do so.

Which is a completely stupid delineation imo (not you the rule)
I don’t have a problem with it. Players stealing signs requires skill. You have to reach second, then you have to decode the signs, and then you have to relay the info quickly.

The catcher’s signs are in plain view. If someone shows you their cards, are you going to turn away?

Which is a completely stupid delineation imo (not you the rule)
I get that but they were all told prior to the 2017 season that it was against the rules. I can understand your point, where does the red line get drawn. This seems to me to be a black and white issue - you can do this but you can't do this.

I get that but they were all told prior to the 2017 season that it was against the rules. I can understand your point, where does the red line get drawn. This seems to me to be a black and white issue - you can do this but you can't do this.

I don’t disagree and the consequences will and should reflect that

just saying it once again represents more of a disconnect and fear of technology than an actual attempt to prevent cheating

1579179311523.png

Lol Jessica Mendoza is mad at Mike Fiers for opening his mouth.

They have the highest payroll in baseball. Is this really a serious take? They have talked about getting below the 208 number all winter. Long before Cora. I actually think it is tougher for them to slash payroll now. They will be forced to be good for P.R. purposes.

4 managers have lost their jobs because of this cheating from the Astros.
2017- John Farrell got fired after the Red Sox lost to the Astros 2017 ALDS.
2017- Joe Girardi didn’t get a contract after the Yankees lost to the Astros in the 2017 ALCS.
2020- AJ Hinch and Alex Cora got fired this week.

They have the highest payroll in baseball. Is this really a serious take? They have talked about getting below the 208 number all winter. Long before Cora. I actually think it is tougher for them to slash payroll now. They will be forced to be good for P.R. purposes.
The point is this. The reality of what the Red Sox ownership do to people is known by people within baseball.
What the Red Sox do to people is they shiv them on the way out.
Terry Francona-Bob Hohler stories were disgusting.
Nomar got buried on the way out.
They made Bobby V sign a NSD before he took the job for when he would get fired.
Theo Epstein, Ben Cherington etc. all of them were shiv ed. the Red Sox ownership buries people on the way out that is no class.

That press conference was pathetic yesterday. Bloom was the only adult in the press conference.
Henry and Werner were pathetic and Kennedy is a lapdog for Henry.

The point is this. The reality of what the Red Sox ownership do to people is known by people within baseball.
What the Red Sox do to people is they shiv them on the way out.
Terry Francona-Bob Hohler stories were disgusting.
Nomar got buried on the way out.
They made Bobby V sign a NSD before he took the job for when he would get fired.
Theo Epstein, Ben Cherington etc. all of them were shiv ed. the Red Sox ownership buries people on the way out that is no class.

That press conference was pathetic yesterday. Bloom was the only adult in the press conference.
Henry and Werner were pathetic and Kennedy is a lapdog for Henry.
I don't disagree that they could handle things better on the way out. As a fan, it is so far down the line about what I care about. Nomar made his own bed when he sat on the bench against the yanks. He also told the Red Sox that they couldn't depend on him to play on a regular basis the rest of the season. And once again, Sam Kennedy works for John Henry. ???? You expect what from him?

Carlos Beltran’s niece is dropping a dime players.

No joke the Red Sox couldn’t get either Bregman or Altuve out in the 2017 ALDS. This totally makes sense. They were by far their best players that series.

Carlos Beltran’s niece is dropping a dime players.

No joke the Red Sox couldn’t get either Bregman or Altuve out in the 2017 ALDS. This totally makes sense. They were by far their best players that series.
I remember Altuve going nuts about people ripping his jersey off. Lifetime ban. And take the rings. For real.

I remember Altuve going nuts about people ripping his jersey off. Lifetime ban. And take the rings. For real.
Wasn’t that after he hit the HR off Chapman?

I need to watch that now.