Baseball scandal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball scandal

you keep saying that like it means something. doesn't change the fact they cheated.
If you read the article, that also said there were other teams that cheated. I wonder who they could be? Didn't the yankees send a pitcher out with pine tar all over his neck against the Red Sox?

Shaughnessy on the radio is saying Cora wasn't really cheating, although when he did it in Houston it was cheating. :). This guy sold his integrity to John Henry. LOL.
I would love to know the distinction. I am bothered by the fact that no players were named as the people giving the info. They were in the Astros case. I will let the facts come out. In time, we will know what happened. You know, like taping a walk through

Henry isn't why they won.
Larry Lucchino was forced on Henry/Warner by Selig.
The GM has been way more important. Theo built the farm system up. Lucchino and Theo clashed but Theo's guys in Cherington and Hoyer built the roster up. Mookie Betts was drafted by Theo in his last year.
Henry isn't why they won.
Who hired those guys? Was it a wise old Indian? Or John Henry. Who gave them the assets to build the team with? Did you ever think the Red Sox would be #1 in payroll?

Agree to disagree. The team got nailed for Spygate. Fans don't defend that.
Deflategate was bullchit anyone who knows science knows that. Sorry fans lose their minds over that.
Cincinnati again Bob Kraft productions are the culprits and it allows people with agendas to go off. Sorry fans lose their minds over that.
The nonstop hitjobs from the Globe on Tom Brady for Best Buddies and other things.
The complete refusal to cover the David Ortiz shooting case and ignore the obvious ties to the fact he was having an affair with a DR drug lord's GF.
The Globe is a joke and fans know it.

Baseball is dying a slow death. It will make money because it owns the summer when nothing else is around.
The Red Sox will never be what they were. The Patriots will struggle and won't win championships but football is the most popular sport. The Yankees vs. Giants I bet most NY fans would prefer the NYG win than the NYY.
The Globe is an agenda rag that has hurt the Boston Red Sox standing in the eyes of younger fans.
This is a generational divide thing. I respect what you think on this but we won't change each other's minds. There many older fans who think like you and many younger fans who think like me.
I couldn't disagree with most of what you wrote more. First, who knows why Ortiz was shot. It doesn't matter. He was the VICTIM. becuase he was having an affair with some woman means it's okay to shoot him? Crazy. And we don't even know that is the case. Once again, maybe a wise old Indian told you. It sure wasn't law enforcement. Did the Herald print that? The best buddies with Brady looked a lot like the charities that his pal Trump runs. I think his donation included a pool for his son't school? I agree that we won't change each others minds. I liked the give and take. I look forward to kicking your butt at poker. By the way, I won a tournament last week. That isn't the news. The news is that when the average chip stack was 70000 I had close to 500000. No matter what I needed or wanted in a hand, the card hit.

Agree to disagree. The team got nailed for Spygate. Fans don't defend that.
Deflategate was bullchit anyone who knows science knows that. Sorry fans lose their minds over that.
Cincinnati again Bob Kraft productions are the culprits and it allows people with agendas to go off. Sorry fans lose their minds over that.
The nonstop hitjobs from the Globe on Tom Brady for Best Buddies and other things.
The complete refusal to cover the David Ortiz shooting case and ignore the obvious ties to the fact he was having an affair with a DR drug lord's GF.
The Globe is a joke and fans know it.

Baseball is dying a slow death. It will make money because it owns the summer when nothing else is around.
The Red Sox will never be what they were. The Patriots will struggle and won't win championships but football is the most popular sport. The Yankees vs. Giants I bet most NY fans would prefer the NYG win than the NYY.
The Globe is an agenda rag that has hurt the Boston Red Sox standing in the eyes of younger fans.
This is a generational divide thing. I respect what you think on this but we won't change each other's minds. There many older fans who think like you and many younger fans who think like me.
i left my sons football in the car for 2 weeks in December, parked in my driveway...the ball didnt deflate 1 iota.

i continually leave my daughters team basketballs in my car, parked in my driveway...none of the balls have deflated 1 iota.

just what is in that NE air that makes them deflate in an hour??

im trying Ringo, Im trying real hard...

i left my sons football in the car for 2 weeks in December, parked in my driveway...the ball didnt deflate 1 iota.

i continually leave my daughters team basketballs in my car, parked in my driveway...none of the balls have deflated 1 iota.

just what is in that NE air that makes them deflate in an hour??

im trying Ringo, Im trying real hard...

This scientist is an Eagles fan.

When I was a kid I had an orange Syracuse football that we always used in the winter. Easy to see in the snow and at night under the floodlights when we played football in the neighborhood.

That thing would become an absolute rock in the cold and hard to grip. It didn’t instantly deflate. We used to wear those tight cotton gloves with the rubber grippers on the palms to make it easier to grip and catch the football in the snow.

I know the science behind it and I always have to put air in my tires after the first few cold nights in the fall. But it definitely doesn’t happen within minutes of exposure to the cold.

Makes sense why he would have wanted them deflated. Easier to grip.

Fire Alex Cora.
Fire Sam Kennedy.
Take all their draft picks.
Force John Henry to sell the team.

I am sick of the Boston Globe and Boston Red Sox. Hammer them to an unprecedented level. Set the team back to the stone ages.
That newspaper and organization are the most arrogant out of touch people in sports.

Hammer them Manfred. They want to ruin the New England Patriots well nail them even more. So sick of that entire organization.

I'm surprised u didn't get in the obligatory shot at Pedroia. Oversight on your part?

There’s a common denominator in these two baseball cheating investigations.

His name is Alex Cora.

There’s a common denominator in these two baseball cheating investigations.

His name is Alex Cora.

I haven't followed it that closely but weren't the Astros cheating in 2018 and 2019?

I think there is a lot more technology based cheating going on in baseball than just two franchises.

There is a reason it took a long time for anybody to come up about the Astros even though many had moved to other organizations. I suspect it is prevalent across many but not all teams.

This scientist is an Eagles fan.
and this guy is a Dr.

1578512580741.png

it takes a while to deflate.

deglategate is real.

and this guy is a Dr.

View attachment 175063

it takes a while to deflate.

deglategate is real.
I give you this you troll funny and I can't get mad over it.

It's cool most people who even hate the Patriots know deflategate was garbage and basically done because the owners wanted more penalties for Spygate.

i thought i read that the yanks accused the astros of cheating this year in the playoffs. Whistling, banging on pipes etc.

Last edited:
i thought i read that the yanks accused the astros of cheating this year in the playoffs. Whistling, banging on pipes etc.

I think that was Brett Gardner roid raging on the bench again.

The
That said Henry hates the Patriots success. He pretends for public appearance. They also may have business deals. Henry is a joke. His team deserves a major penalty.
That sounds like you must have had personal conversations with Henry, so that you know what he is actually thinking.

I give you this you troll funny and I can't get mad over it.

It's cool most people who even hate the Patriots know deflategate was garbage and basically done because the owners wanted more penalties for Spygate.
Twenty degrees last night, twenty.

Just when the hell will this football deflate??!!!

TWENTY!!!

At least 8 hours!!!

T-W-E-N-T-Y

Twenty degrees last night, twenty.

Just when the hell will this football deflate??!!!

TWENTY!!!

At least 8 hours!!!

T-W-E-N-T-Y
Just like your tires the air compresses in the cold. I am sorry to tell you science debunked this entire episode.
Balls lose air in the cold and gain air in the heat.
Who knows why your ball doesn’t deflate.
You can think it was real fine.
Then why did the study the NFL conducted the following season never get released publicly.
The reason is because the science showed balls deflate.

Last edited:

That one was cleared pretty quickly.

The bigger Astros issue goes back to the Cora days.

Just like your tires the air compresses in the cold. I am sorry to tell you science debunked this entire episode.
Balls lose air in the cold and gain air in the heat.
Who knows why your ball doesn’t deflate.
You can think it was real fine.
Then why did the study the NFL conducted the following season never get released publicly.
The reason is because the science showed balls deflate.
oh, inflated balls certainly deflate in the cold, no one is disputing that.

but to deflate in 30 minutes to an hour???

bhwaahhhahahaha

how fluckin dumb do all you chowdah heads think we are??