Baseball scandal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball scandal

oh, inflated balls certainly deflate in the cold, no one is disputing that.

but to deflate in 30 minutes to an hour???

bhwaahhhahahaha

how fluckin dumb do all you chowdah heads think we are??
My god you didn’t follow this case at all.
The NFL LIED about the drops in ball pressure. It is so freaking frustrating talking about this when people don’t care about the truth.
The Mortensen tweet wasn’t true the balls weren’t significantly deflated the initial outrage was based on wrong information that was leaked to make this affair look worse.
The freaking Wells report shows that. The Colts balls deflated as well.
The Patriots balls weren’t significantly lower. The problem was the NFL didn’t care about facts. This was done because the other owners wanted the Patriots hammered more for Spygate.

I mean why I am explaining this unless you are just trying to have fun with me I don’t get it.
Facts don’t matter. The NFL didn’t know which gauge was used when they did when you read what the referee said to Wells.
Well done pushing my buttons.

Dodgers are the real 2017 and 2018 champions, and I hope Alex Cora breaks both of his legs.

My god you didn’t follow this case at all.
The NFL LIED about the drops in ball pressure. It is so freaking frustrating talking about this when people don’t care about the truth.
The Mortensen tweet wasn’t true the balls weren’t significantly deflated the initial outrage was based on wrong information that was leaked to make this affair look worse.
The freaking Wells report shows that. The Colts balls deflated as well.
The Patriots balls weren’t significantly lower. The problem was the NFL didn’t care about facts. This was done because the other owners wanted the Patriots hammered more for Spygate.

I mean why I am explaining this unless you are just trying to have fun with me I don’t get it.
Facts don’t matter. The NFL didn’t know which gauge was used when they did when you read what the referee said to Wells.
Well done pushing my buttons.
I always thought Brady should have sued for defamation.

I honestly was expecting a heavier punishment, though this should potentially set them back a couple years...maybe

Cora and Beltran should be next...

They should be fired as well. I hope John Henry gets a $50 million fine.

I honestly was expecting a heavier punishment, though this should potentially set them back a couple years...maybe

I'd be interested in other thoughts. Maybe this is too lenient? There isn't really a precedent in baseball that I'm aware of. I'm guessing this is just a starting point and any teams that get caught again will really pay big time.

I wrote on the other thread that it is decently harsh. It comes back to precedent, and really lack of historical punishments outside of individual players (PEDs, gambling). 4 total draft picks and manger/GM suspension is material. Beyond that you get to vacating wins, which is a very much a Pandora's box

I'd be interested in other thoughts. Maybe this is too lenient? There isn't really a precedent in baseball that I'm aware of. I'm guessing this is just a starting point and any teams that get caught again will really pay big time.
That’d make sense, and I’m trying to keep into consideration how powerful the MLBPA is as well.

Hammer to drop on Cora very soon. Astros said eight other teams were doing something similar, so this is far from finished.

orange79 Feel free to combine this with the Red Sox scandal thread. I forgot a discussion had been ongoing there.

Alex Cora expected to receive punishment as well.

Draft picks are really valuable. A full season without the main GM is a biggy too.

Alex Cora expected to receive punishment as well.

Draft picks are really valuable. A full season without the main GM is a biggy too.
anything less than 2 years for Cora is a joke.

Punishment seems in line. Don't think we've seen any punishment in professional sports like this in quite some time. Bounty Gate is the closest and I can't really think of anything else near those 2.

Could they give Cora 2 years??

A year for each team, he’s cheated with?
I’d put him on the banned list like Pete Rose and make him apply for reinstatement and say no for a while.