Bazley Decommits | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
His agent likely gave him $100k, or Adidas.
My first thought, too. I skipped pages 6-18 of this thread — couldn't keep my PB&J down... But, is there any reason why an agent or sneaker company couldn't pay any player in the G League? As much as they want? This surely cannot be about $27k/season. So, yeah, if you're choosing between playing for a degree you're never going to get, in the snow, versus getting the money Adidas used to be able to sneak to HS recruits, you prolly take the 100k. This really is the first step in the next level of decimating college hoops. When Bazely starts talking to the other kids, he probably won't be the only one to do it.

I tuned into this news late, and my first reaction was to look at the top right corner of my iMac to check the date. Second reaction was to laugh out loud. I didn't think this kid was going to be as transformative as a lot of people here did, but he was completely necessary toward getting us off the bubble, into the top half of the ACC, and back into the top 25. Gotta shop for a transfer now, right? Were there any uncommitted power players in that game or in the Jordan game? I seriously doubt our ability to just recruit and sign an impact player anymore. I can't imagine any great player is champing at the bit to play zone and struggle to score 50 a game.

Why would the g league affiliate play a kid they dont have rights to over the fringe guys they are trying to develop for their pro team? Wonder if Darius thought about that

Wonder if SU could sue him for breach of contract? (LOI)

Or maybe for damages (committing to play here & then reneging after most other prospects were committed elsewhere)?

There has to be something they could do. I'm so upset at some 18 year old I have never met lol. Maybe I need to re-evaluate my life haha

Yeah because that will go well. Why would anybody sign with us with the chance of being sued?

Money from agents are loans. Let's stop talking about this like it's a blank check.

So what? Right now he has zero money. In another year, after he signs an NBA contract, he'll have lots of money.

In the interim, he wants to have more money than he has now. He doesn't get that if he goes to college, but there are no restrictions on that following this path he's trailblazing.

When he signs his NBA contract, he'll easily be able to pay back whatever loans he is floated, and be happy that he had access to the $$$ this year instead of the alternative.

People say that Syracuse is a dirty program and doesn't play by the rules. Yet a top 10 player just chose $26k in the G League over playing at Syracuse.
It's pretty sad that the state of college basketball had my first thought being anyone that still says Boeheim runs a dirty program can shove it. This doesn't happen to Kentucky, Louisville, or Duke, and Arizona and we all know why. As someone mentioned above, this has agent written all over it. And with the FBI stuff dropping, this has to be the route that agents are now thinking of going to get a kid to sign. From a financial standpoint, you can't blame the kid if he can take care of his family now. Even if he has to trudge through the g-league for a year. But for the Cuse program, the timing sucks. Where do you go to fill that scholarship now? Grad transfer?

Let’s face facts . The creme of the crop want nothing to do with playing our style of rock fight basketball . We need to change our recruiting strategy and go for kids more suited to our sleep inducing system

We played that way this year because we didn’t have the right players to play any other way. Would have been different next year with the players we were adding. It’s still going to be difficult if Chukwu can’t create from the post.

We are the point right now, that we must in get the game. We can’t stick our heads in the sand if want compete and win. We are becoming Rutgers we must stop this downward trajectory

Let’s face facts . The creme of the crop want nothing to do with playing our style of rock fight basketball . We need to change our recruiting strategy and go for kids more suited to our sleep inducing system

System is a result of the players. We don’t look to engage in a “rock fight” when we have talent and depth.

Desperate times call for desperate measures... but this isn’t our identity.

So what? Right now he has zero money. In another year, after he signs an NBA contract, he'll have lots of money.

In the interim, he wants to have more money than he has now. He doesn't get that if he goes to college, but there are no restrictions on that following this path he's trailblazing.

When he signs his NBA contract, he'll easily be able to pay back whatever loans he is floated, and be happy that he had access to the $$$ this year instead of the alternative.

What if he gets eaten up in the G League because he’s a skinny kid playing against 25 year olds, and doesn’t get an NBA contract?

Seems like SU would be a safer route to being a first round NBA pick, based on history.

What does the staff do? Half ass try and convince em to change his mind once ?Or be in contact daily to try and sway em?

Imo they will back off and wish em luck

What if he gets eaten up in the G League because he’s a skinny kid playing against 25 year olds, and doesn’t get an NBA contract?

Seems like SU would be a safer route to being a first round NBA pick, based on history.

Kid is one of the top recruits in the country. He's being told he's the shiznit by everyone, and he's clearly stated that his goal is getting to the NBA as quickly as possible. He is not concerned about not succeeding - at all. And it is quite possible that he doesn't light it up in a professional minor league -- many of these HS prospects who go overseas find it challenging playing against grown men. He'll get drafted on potential, not just on how he performs or what his stats are in the G-League.

Again, he wants to get paid sooner. Making this move enables him to do so.

What does the staff do? Half ass try and convince em to try and his chsnge his mind today and move on ? Or be in contact daily to try and sway em?

Kid didn’t mention Syracuse in the Yahoo article.

Didn’t apologize. Nothin. It was all about him. He gone. Staff should just say good luck.

Time to start recruiting 4 year kids.

What does the staff do? Half ass try and convince em to change his mind once ?Or be in contact daily to try and sway em?

They should be trying to convince him that this us a beyond stupid decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom