Bazley Decommits | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too much goes smoothly for this program as of late, how in the world does Andrew Slater know that this kid has been thinking about it for months yet our staff had no clue? It's interesting because now we have Frank/Carey/Hughes/Marek/OB (please)/Sidibe/Chukwu, I think that would be a solid team, but then you have Frank and OB gone along with Chukwu, who knows if Carey makes the jump. The point is with what the staff had in place next season it would've been a top 10 team, I think we are a good team next season with our projected lineup without Bazley but we still don't appeal to recruits on the same level as the blue bloods and the 19 class will be crucial for the final few years with JB, having a great season where we are consistently ranked and talked about would do some good for Cuse and it would give JB and the staff that much more ammo to convince the top kids we are a great place for your development. I love Goodine to start the class of 19 but a lot of spots will be opening up and if we somehow find ourselves with injury issues or something next season then it's going to be tough to replace those guys with formidable young talent that will be expected to compete for national championships, especially in the last few years with JB.

Seriously? I guess you haven’t seen him play. Greene was a shooter. That’s about it. Bazley’s open court game is dynamic. He’s a good ball handler and a great passer. There’s a reason he was a top 10 player.

Dude, Greene was top ten as well.

He may be skilled, but he’s a twig. Anthony looked like a grown man when he stepping into SU.

We were going to be short handed with Bazley next year.

Without Bazley we are even more shorthanded without the most talented player we were going to have.

Our roster
Guards: Howard, Carey, Hughes Boeheim, Washington
Forwards: Dolezaj , Brissett
Centers: Sidibe, Chukwu

That is 9 players and one will be injured so 8.

Yeah, good luck getting 4 newcomers.
Another year with a short roster Whoopie.

Hughes moves to the front court

If he doesn't climb out of the G league he's in a world of shite. Big gamble.

He's going to be working around the clock with coaches whose primary objective is to develop him into an NBA player, not to win college games. He will be on a professional strength/conditioning regiment. He doesn't have to waste time pretending to be a Rhetorical Studies major, or learning to play exclusively zone which doesn't translate to the NBA. The quality of talent he's going to play against every day will be better than in college.

I'm very sad he's not coming here, and I hate that he did this so late in the process, but I find his decision entirely rational.

Ok here is what i have heard.

JB never connected. Took him for granted.
The Moyer situation is a very big deal
Baz was always gone after 1 year
Not too much goes smoothly for this program as of late, how in the world does Andrew Slater know that this kid has been thinking about it for months yet our staff had no clue? It's interesting because now we have Frank/Carey/Hughes/Marek/OB (please)/Sidibe/Chukwu, I think that would be a solid team, but then you have Frank and OB gone along with Chukwu, who knows if Carey makes the jump. The point is with what the staff had in place next season it would've been a top 10 team, I think we are a good team next season with our projected lineup without Bazley but we still don't appeal to recruits on the same level as the blue bloods and the 19 class will be crucial for the final few years with JB, having a great season where we are consistently ranked and talked about would do some good for Cuse and it would give JB and the staff that much more ammo to convince the top kids we are a great place for your development. I love Goodine to start the class of 19 but a lot of spots will be opening up and if we somehow find ourselves with injury issues or something next season then it's going to be tough to replace those guys with formidable young talent that will be expected to compete for national championships, especially in the last few years with JB.
JB needs to commit to recruiting. Gmac is not the answer.

Someone gave him money up front, I’m guessing. One doesn’t jump to the G league for 26K. It had to be worth his while. The truth will come out.

Had to be an agent of sneaker company. Or both.

If this scenario happened last year, he may have still enrolled at SU and try keep it covered up. With the FBI spotlight on college basketball starting with Arizona, this may actually save SU from what could have been an ugly situation.

Seriously? I guess you haven’t seen him play. Greene was a shooter. That’s about it. Bazley’s open court game is dynamic. He’s a good ball handler and a great passer. There’s a reason he was a top 10 player.

Greene was also a top 10 player wasn’t he? Really close, if not. But I agree, Bazley is a better all around player from what I’ve seen.

He's going to be working around the clock with coaches whose primary objective is to develop him into an NBA player, not to win college games. He will be on a professional strength/conditioning regiment. He doesn't have to waste time pretending to be a Rhetorical Studies major, or learning to play exclusively zone which doesn't translate to the NBA. The quality of talent he's going to play against every day will be better than in college.

I'm very sad he's not coming here, and I hate that he did this so late in the process, but I find his decision entirely rational.

There's a G league team where I live. You're dreaming if you think the coaches' primary objective is to develop players for the NBA. Their primary objective is to win to keep their jobs. Ever see a G league game? It's not what you think -- players are on their own to get better, the stands are empty and the players are auditioning for the NBA. Other than that it's a good time.

So why is he the only guy doing it though? I mean, guys like Mudiay and Jennings have gone overseas but I believe it was for big money?

And if he can't climb out of the G league that sneaker money will disappear as fast or faster than it appeared.

Could be. The bottom line is that I have no doubt he got money from an agent, a sneaker company, or joe blow. Doesn’t matter, it’s all legal. Whether it was $50k, $100k, $200k, that doesn’t matter either. That with the G league $26k, he’s much further ahead financially this year than if he went to college.

The key will be next years draft, and we’ll never fully know the answer. But will he get drafted higher (larger initial contract) coming from the G league than he would have coming from SU?

Disappointing, it's all just weird timing, we blow expectations out of the water with our tourney run and then everyone points to next year and rightfully so with how good the team would look but then we lose our most important player for that next season. I get JB wanted to coach his son but wouldn't JB also want his son to win a national championship and JB heads out on top, everyone wins, I figured he'd want to put in more effort now that there's a projected end in sight.

Dude, Greene was top ten as well.

He may be skilled, but he’s a twig. Anthony looked like a grown man when he stepping into SU.

Anthony wasn’t a grown man. Go back and look. And that has nothing to do with how Bazley would perform. He would have changed our offense in many ways. Now we’re replacing Battle with Carey. Expect our offense to look a lot like this year. Stagnant.

Classless move by Bazley, obviously his word means nothing. At the same time, I think some of this falls on JB. If he had developed a close relationship with the kid, this may never have happened. I wish he had retired as he promised, and Hop had taken over.

L34qMo9.gif

I love you for this

I don’t blame any kid for getting paid but Bazley isn’t a lock to get great coaching.
He will need to be picked by a team not affiliated with an NBA team. As those teams won’t be running a system for a specific NBA team and won’t have a problem giving playing time to a player not tied to the organization.

Bazley needs a team he will get good PT from.

I call BS on the first two. You have no idea and about either. If the kid changed his mind because a jimmy didn’t keep starting Moyer then we don’t want him. Amazing how all the naysayers shut their traps as we rolled in the NCAA tourney and now come out of hiding

Except for 1 and done, that’s the exact opposite of people I trust say. Had nothing to do with Moyer. And Gmac wasn’t his recruiter. I think it was Griff.

Anthony wasn’t a grown man. Go back and look. And that has nothing to do with how Bazley would perform. He would have changed our offense in many ways. Now we’re replacing Battle with Carey. Expect our offense to look a lot like this year. Stagnant.

I had hopes of leaning on Bazely for helping getting back to transition per his own words. It’s up to Carey now.

Yes!!! A GMAc can’t recruit thread!!!! It’s been sooo long!!!

I have. And I saw Bazley play last night.

He may have certainly changed our offense, but that doesn’t make him a “melo like talent.”

Classless move by Bazeley, obviously his word means nothing. At the same time, I think some of this falls on JB. If he had developed a close relationship with the kid, this may never have happened. I wish he had retired as he promised, and Hop had taken over.

So much speculation. Do we really think this kid is going to the G league because Moyer didn’t like the program and JB didn’t call enough. So much more to this.

Second i am over the “I’m hearing” posts that constantly contradict each other. I appreciate the very few posters who know what they are talking about but I swear more people spew BS on here just to stir things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom