BBB | Syracusefan.com

BBB

STL_CuseFan

Walk On
So it just was tweeted that Jalen Carey was offered to play in the Big Baller Brand League. Could pay 3-10k a month. Just when you thought you were at rock bottom you learn there's a new level of low. Doubt that seriously happens but if he were to jump ship for the BBB league then it's clear this coaching staff has a big disconnect with its players and recruits.

upload_2018-2-1_12-1-43.jpeg

Carey posted it on his Snapchat.

The chances that Lavar’s league gets off the ground anytime soon have to be close to zero, right? He wants 10 teams spread out across the country with 80 players who are already signed by colleges. It needs to be funded so he needs sponsors, but the shoe companies that sponsor everything in basketball won’t do it. He needs to book arenas to play in, transportation for players and coaches, hire coaching staffs, secure lodging for players and assist with relocation. And he has like 6 months max to pull this off to be ready for next season. Not happening.

So it just was tweeted that Jalen Carey was offered to play in the Big Baller Brand League. Could pay 3-10k a month. Just when you thought you were at rock bottom you learn there's a new level of low. Doubt that seriously happens but if he were to jump ship for the BBB league then it's clear this coaching staff has a big disconnect with its players and recruits.
I’d say if he did it, the disconnect we have with the players is money.

The chances that Lavar’s league gets off the ground anytime soon have to be close to zero, right? He wants 10 teams spread out across the country with 80 players who are already signed by colleges. It needs to be funded so he needs sponsors, but the shoe companies that sponsor everything in basketball won’t do it. He needs to book arenas to play in, transportation for players and coaches, hire coaching staffs, secure lodging for players and assist with relocation. And he has like 6 months max to pull this off to be ready for next season. Not happening.
He also needs 80 players that actually want to do this. They would have to be basically top 150 kids, at worse, for this to have any appeal for fans.

Why would Carey post this... attention? To me, it’s in poor taste for him to post it.
I agree it is in poor taste but I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt since he is a senior in high school and probably is proud of the attention and that his hard work is paying off. I don't think there is any chance the BBB league get's off the ground. I mean the guy has an F on BBB because he can't get things shipped to people and owes money to screen printers and other people.

Even if for some reason, he is able to get this thing going, he's not going to be able to sustain it, the minute the NBAPA and Adam Silver agree to drop the one and done rule(which I'm really hoping will happen and will be good for both the NBA and College) he will lose the leverage he has (aka offering the $$$$$).

Where does this 3k to 10k per month come from exactly?

Also - is it a violation for him to even discuss this offer with them? If you read the note, it invites the kid to have an agent to enter into discussions which would end their eligibility. BBB could also blackmail just about every kid by saying we can dump your eligibility at any time if you chose to spurn us for college. I'm sure that is true, that by the letter of the law, every single Top 50 kid could be found to have engaged in/been near/caught up in something at some point that would cost them their eligibility.

It's really simple to stop this: don't watch. That's assuming he even has a platform to broadcast games, should this even get off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom