BC Game Thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

BC Game Thread...

THIS year's G, mind you, could have played over Triche at the 2.
When? Triche plays in 2012 and 2013. Waiters was here in 2011 and 2012. G could play over 2010 Triche, but that's Rautins and Scoop.

Johnson needs to give us those 3's as BC is doubling Rak every time he touches the ball.

supp said:
THIS year's G, mind you, could have played over Triche at the 2.

The #4 pick in the draft couldn't start over him but you think G would have? Not saying he couldn't but it would have never happened as long as JB is the coach.

Not to mention Triche played some great defense at the top of the zone.

When? Triche plays in 2012 and 2013. Waiters was here in 2011 and 2012. G could play over 2010 Triche, but that's Rautins and Scoop.

Either year. As much as I like Triche, he was better suited to the bench like his unc' Howard.

Either year. As much as I like Triche, he was better suited to the bench like his unc' Howard.
I'd argue that G is better suited off the bench thatn Triche

The #4 pick in the draft couldn't start over him but you think G would have? Not saying he couldn't but it would have never happened as long as JB is the coach.

Not to mention Triche played some great defense at the top of the zone.

Some of that was intangible things like trust. I think we've seen that Boeheim has more trust in G than he ever did in Waiters. The more trust thing could be a function of playing on a lousy team, I grant you, but not entirely. And as good as Dion was, I don't think anyone would argue that he was #4 in the NBA draft good. Maybe he was #4 in perceived potential that year.

Lotta credit to BJ and Kaleb tonight (and G)...with Rak and Cooney largely invisible tonight, I'd think we'd be down by 15+.

Some of that was intangible things like trust. I think we've seen that Boeheim has more trust in G than he ever did in Waiters. The more trust thing could be a function of playing on a lousy team, I grant you, but not entirely. And as good as Dion was, I don't think anyone would argue that he was #4 in the NBA draft good. Maybe he was #4 in perceived potential that year.
It's all about the teams man. If Dion was on this year's team he probably would have played every minute this year and took 15 shots a game.

I'd argue that G is better suited off the bench thatn Triche

Yes, to the extent that he can play multiple positions. But I still contend that this year's version would play big minutes on virtually any Boeheim team.

supp said:

Dion was excellent, #4 in the draft good? Probably not but I feel like you're discrediting the skills he had while he was here.

Yes, to the extent that he can play multiple positions. But I still contend that this year's version would play big minutes on virtually any Boeheim team.
You talk about trust? Triche had more trust than maybe anyone in his 4 years ... he's an awesome Swiss Army knife type off the bench, but I can't see him gettign over 15 minutes on one of our really good teams; mostly because he's not as good as Fair/Joseph

Lol BC's gameplan defensively is just plain terrible. They are basically saying okay Syracuse anyone but Rak Christmas can have open looks. I mean even Cooney's guy is doubling Rak some switches.

Alsacs said:
Lol BC's gameplan defensively is just plain terrible. They are basically saying okay Syracuse anyone but Rak Christmas can have open looks. I mean even Cooney's guy is doubling Rak some switches.

Any normal day it would work, who knows, if we play Roberson and Buss this game we could be losing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom