BC Game Thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

BC Game Thread...

jdubs30 said:
Really hope this doesn't happen vs. Duke...not that I expect to win, but I don't want to lose by 40 either.

It seems we've seen two defenses against us, the shut Cooney down defense and the double team Rak defense. Both extremely effective. If a competent coaches scouted us we would probably struggle to be .500 this year.

jekelish said:
BJ Johnson: 2-7 Rak/Gbinije/Roberson/Joseph: 5-7

So BJ is 8-40 on the year.

We're gonna see G and Cooney on top...preview of next year at some points

Is Rak's wrist acting up? Helps to explain the sloppy ballhandling (this game and last).

I still love this team but this may be the worst basketball we've played in the Boeheim era. I never thought we were that bad, but this team is bad.

This team is as bad as BC's cheerleaders are chubby. Wow! Are they wearing flak jackets?

I still love this team but this may be the worst basketball we've played in the Boeheim era. I never thought we were that bad, but this team is bad.
The talent is really bad. In a good year, Rak is probably the only player would get decent minutes. I would think if G/Cooney were on any of the teams from 2009-2013 they both get less than 15 minutes each, at best; G might have played a tad more because of versatility though. Hell, this year's Rak would struggle for minutes during the AO/Rick years.

jdubs30 said:
The talent is really bad. In a good year, Rak is probably the only player would get decent minutes. I would think if G/Cooney were on any of the teams from 2009-2013 they both get less than 15 minutes each, at best; G might have played a tad more because of versatility though. Hell, this year's Rak would struggle for minutes during the AO/Rick years.

Agree with everything you said but I think AO, Rak, and Rick would have very similar minutes. Everybody else, I think you're spot on.

Can anyone here play PG? That is a huge problem. The offense is awful. Did we go like 8 minutes without a FG? We were ahead 23-15 and had about 8 consecutive empty possessions. Who is in those Syracuse uniforms because outside of G they don't look like Syracuse players.

OrangeYaGladi said:
But he's great on D !!!!!

If great = better than Joesph then he's great, but from what I see he really isn't that good. People get by him often, he takes dumb chances for steals, and he isn't even that good defending the three.

NYCSUGrad said:
Hard to believe Patterson is worse than BJ offensively

It's hard to believe that their shooting percentages are even possible at the D1 or even D2 level. Throw in Roberson thinking he can make a mid range shot these guys are just flat out bad shooters.

Agree with everything you said but I think AO, Rak, and Rick would have very similar minutes. Everybody else, I think you're spot on.
Could you imagine these guards battling with Scoop/Dion/Triche/MCW/Rautins/Ennis for minutes? How about the forwards with Fair/Grant/Wes/Joseph/Southerland? Im sure there's a few guys that are slipping my memory too.

You're probably right about Rak though, but as good as Raks been, he'd be an afterthough for us any other year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom